And hold me before the morning comes

Let's dance
Oh-oh
A rockin' romance
This ain't our last dance
Let's dance​

Last edited by a moderator:

tararaaam

I hope so. Sometimes I do not get EBU, I remember the time that they showed that disastrous vocal of Tamta, still not getting why they choose bad moments.

Shadowfuxcs

I hope so. Sometimes I do not get EBU, I remember the time that they showed that disastrous vocal of Tamta, still not getting why they choose bad moments.
It might be that the section that is included in the snippet has been predetermined and if you fuck it up then everyone gets to see it. Similarly to the recaps on the actual shows where sometimes people fail to hit a big note and that part ends up being the one being replayed over and over.
Also the delegations are deliberately not choosing to show the strongest moments of the staging just yet. For instance it looks like Ireland chose to show the part where the graphics recede and is less impressive that what happens before.
I can't deny that some details in the current clip are comically cheap.

Nicholas123

Honestly i thought this looks cute. But a bit juvenile as well. Hopefully the kids gonna stay awake during the semi and the final. Hihi.

spinachpie

This is winning staging :ROFLMAO:

Have to admit I was excited to see some of the effects. After seeing the rehearsal, I'm a bit underwhelmed. Even without the technical issues, it's not wow.

Having said that, the final full performance could and should look very different. Some reactions seem to absolutely love the final product, so let's wait and see.

DenizESC

Banned
Imo the staging is goals, it does feel like it was intended for a more upbeat song.

But either the staging or her outfit it should be imo, they don't go together :ROFLMAO:
I would personally ditch the outfit tbh, it makes her look so... how to say this without being rude. Mature I guess. I was expecting something more playful, but I love the glitter and sparkles at least, maybe different hair.

aef

:gr: is among my biggest growers, it's even my #2 now! The song really grew on me and I love the staging!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I'm really excited to see this performance in full, it will surely look better than the rehearsal snippet.

anto475

I really really hate the staging. I hate screen overlays and I really feel that, as far as possible, the people watching at home should see what the people in the arena see. I know there's a limited audience this year but I can't help feel how frustrated I'd be if I paid all that money to go to the contest and while everyone at home is seeing a great song I just see what looks like the behind the scenes footage from Avatar.

It's so lazy and unimaginative, it shows a lack of real creativity. The song should stand on its own without the performance, and even still, the performance should be able to work without having to draw pictures over it on a computer. There's no real effort put into this.

Iker

Veteran
Damn, those green screen effects look absolutely dreadful as it stands now. Hopefully they will fix it. I find her outfits with cut outs fugly too. If they went with special effects they need to make it absolutely perfect.

They give us great memed though, lol.

burrito

I really really hate the staging. I hate screen overlays and I really feel that, as far as possible, the people watching at home should see what the people in the arena see. I know there's a limited audience this year but I can't help feel how frustrated I'd be if I paid all that money to go to the contest and while everyone at home is seeing a great song I just see what looks like the behind the scenes footage from Avatar.

I can't upvote this enough. While I actually like how it looks on tv, I feel like it's so unfair to people watching in Ahoy, for them the whole thing will look awkward at best. It would work better as a, say, music video. Not a live performance.

tararaaam

But guys, seriously now, there are so many videos/effects/vocal mixing that is not available for the audience, is this one really a problem? After all, its only half the performance, and I am sure its still fun to watch. It's not like its every performance, and after all, this is the best year to do it, and that's why it was chosen, probably. I am sure the dutch audience will still be proud of her.

Pål Nordahl

I don't care what anyone says, I love this!!

186 million people watched Eurovision in 2019 - on tv. Far more will watch it this year - on tv. The competition was created specifically to be watched by the whole of Europe - on tv. The handful of people who are lucky enough to be in Ahoy will have to watch this for 180 seconds... I think they'll be fine.

Last edited:

DanielLuis

I mean, if there's any year to try out effects like this, it's definitely 2021. Besides, anyone that attends Eurovision live is fully aware that it is essentially a show made for TV, so I don't think they have any right to feel upset at performances using these kind of effects really.
With that being said, the effect looks beyond terrible on that rehearsal snippet, the technology isn't quite there yet I guess. If they don't fix it in time for the semi we'll have another Chingiz transcendence moment but worse because it lasts for like 1 full minute.

Top Bottom