Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

sigi

Everyone is expecting more points from the juries as from televote...I predict the opposite IOTAP

skl

wiwibloggers like it :)
Oliver: Now this is what we call elevation. Team Austria have managed to create a moment of intimacy and still make full use of the stage. The opening piano pedal bass creates suspense, and together with some very pretty lighting effects and Vincent surrounded by fog, there’s a strong cinematic feel. At the chorus, he’s revealed to be stood on the catwalk, surrounded by runway lights which create clean vertical lines and draw focus towards Vincent. His vocals are powerful and he delivers the lyrics with real emotion. Juries will love it. Arguably the tidiest first rehearsal thus far.

Padraig: Before today, I’d written off Austria as a certain non-qualifier. But Vincent Bueno has other ideas. He’s single-handedly delivered one of the most emotional performances so far. And while it’s simplistic, it’s highly impactful. Vincent is alone on stage, in a stunning black suit stoned with black jewels. He’s surrounded by spot-lights, a little like those used by Sweden’s Sanna Nielsen in 2014. The camera moves in ways similar to Conchita, ensuring that Vincent is always the centre of attention. On top of all this, Vincent brings a new edge to the number which was missing on the studio cut. This isn’t a funeral. He has risen.

Lindon

They didn't like the songs he had written, they asked him to sing this English-Swiss production, he put on his musical-acting-hat and said ok, and now he's acting to be not a dancer. They allow him to walk to a pedestal they inherited from Conchita.

Lindon

It's the pure opposite of what our guys said.

Ezio

Veteran
They didn't like the songs he had written, they asked him to sing this English-Swiss production, he put on his musical-acting-hat and said ok, and now he's acting to be not a dancer. They allow him to walk to a pedestal they inherited from Conchita.
To be fair. Vincent has not written a great song yet, and Alive left me and most of the fandom dead last year. That doesn't mean, that shopping for a OneRepublic-ish song with simplicistic staging was a great idea. Especially, when you concoct Amen with something dull as a break-up with a girl, when it is supposed to have a higher meaning.

This song needs to be more gloriously presented and the meanings should be more sincere.

The other problem with Vincent is himself. He is uncharismatic.

Everyone is expecting more points from the juries as from televote...I predict the opposite IOTAP
I predict: Televote zero points, maybe pity points from Switzerland

I have seen the escunited live stream that I genuinely enjoy, and I think our team is much more sincere than wiwi, so I trust them more. And their facial expressions were so bored, and Matt was particulary harsh, which I appreciate, although he felt so sorry afterwards for what he said.

Ezio

Veteran
That's how its done Vincent! Make everyone underestimate you and then just Nobody But You the world ;)
Even if that's true. What's the benefit? Eternal wrath of the fandom?! :D

mauve

Veteran
I don't understand why everyone is so negative about the staging. Between all the fireworks of color, Vincent's staging is calming and soothing - and I don't mean this in a bad way. I can't say anything more until I have seen the whole performance though. Boring? Let's see. I still like "Amen" and the simplicity of the staging has a nice effect, I think. xshrug

Lindon

To be fair. Vincent has not written a great song yet, and Alive left me and most of the fandom dead last year. That doesn't mean, that shopping for a OneRepublic-ish song with simplicistic staging was a great idea. Especially, when you concoct Amen with something dull as a break-up with a girl, when it is supposed to have a higher meaning.

This song needs to be more gloriously presented and the meanings should be more sincere.

The other problem with Vincent is himself. He is uncharismatic.

I predict: Televote zero points, maybe pity points from Switzerland

I have seen the escunited live stream that I genuinely enjoy, and I think our team is much more sincere than wiwi, so I trust them more. And their facial expressions were so bored, and Matt was particulary harsh, which I appreciate, although he felt so sorry afterwards for what he said.
Me too! I've always wanted to say that.
You know, I'm a critic of Dietmann's approach, and that's exactly why I expected the reaction from Matt and the others. Where's the ORF's kitchen sink? But you will never hear me criticize Vincent.

Ezio

Veteran
That’s true but the performance needs to create a moment and not rely on becoming the moment just for being boring. There was potential out to waste as it seems.
I don't understand why everyone is so negative about the staging. Between all the fireworks of color, Vincent's staging is calming and soothing - and I don't mean this in a bad way. I can't say anything more until I have seen the whole performance though. Boring? Let's see. I still like "Amen" and the simplicity of the staging has a nice effect, I think. xshrug

marty

Everything looks really promising. I did not like another austrian song less than this one for a while, but I think Vincent will make it to the final. After all these overloaded performances and uptempo songs, many will appreciate his performance. juries will love it and the televote could be ok too.

Ezio

Veteran

hungo

very good reactions on his rehearsals. seems like he can bring the emotions to the stage. i cant wait to see his performance.

Lindon

What a great press conference. And he can improvise when it's about dancing, look at 14:34

I really noticed now that he gives interviews much more confidently in English than in German. His German vocabulary has been greatly reduced since his stay in the Phillipines and since he is married. You only need to compare the statements he gave during the "Musical! Die Show" time and nowadays. In contrast to the past, obviously English is spoken a lot more in the family than it was the case earlier in the 2000s, which is understandable with an American wife.

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
this one is hard to evaluate because it's all about the angles

but it's still my least favorite song of the semi so I hope it doesn't surprise qualifies :'( sorry guys

Lindon

Ezio

Veteran
Portugal, who is virtually tied at 10th to qualify right now with Austria, is said to have had a magical rehearsal.

Portugal is one of the countries to watch when they announce the qualifiers, when we would not be called yet.

Although of the countries that are at shorter odds to qualify than both Austria and Portugal, I would suggest that Greece and Moldova still may flop.

It's still about impact, and at the end of the runthrough, Austria could be forgotten, especially, if other calm songs create more magic. But the 5th slot in the running order is probably the best one we could get.

Just checking the odds to qualify:

Portugal is improving their odds rapidly, Austria is hovering between 10th and 12th. The other country is Denmark. I think Denmark is a sure bet, also Portugal received a lot of praise. On the other side, Albania and Moldova faltered, so let's hope we can get past them.

The four countries in contention against us hereby are: :pt: :dk: :al: :md:

The 6 to 8 safe qualifiers would be: :ch: :bg: :il: :fi: :sm: :rs: (:gr:) (:pt:)

I wish the conventional wisdom would be that Austria is a surefire non-qualiifier so I can relax more. I am tired of biting my nails since 2016.

Last edited:

Juliette

I want to like this song and normally would, but something in it just strikes a chord in me (personal issues) and I can't. :(

Lindon

Top Bottom