Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
I am genuinely appalled you took my words for sarcasm because I have been 100% real with you here. But well, apparently you dwell in all that negativity, so please proceed enjoying yourself here. Who am I to take away your toys.

As expected, sarcasm... oh well, I guess I got a bit naive for a while there.

Ezio

Veteran
I could be wrong, but I think he referred (the same as I did) to the musical style of the song (not the appearance or performance style).
Tix is obviously a young charismatic male singer full of amazing energy but unlike boybands he is a genuine artists and doesn't serve other composers's song nor concepts. For me, he is closer to female provocateurs of pop, but boyband, no.

Fallen Angel has a very unusual and surprising build-up and progression, his voice is off the charts. I could see Gaga perform that. And hustling demons, I mean, c'mon.

Ezio

Veteran
As expected, sarcasm... oh well, I guess I got a bit naive for a while there.

As I said. I don't want to take away your toys. And twisting words must be your favourite one.

A-lister

Veteran
Tix is obviously a young charismatic male singer full of amazing energy but unlike boybands he is a genuine artists and doesn't serve other composers's song nor concepts. For me, he is closer to female provocateurs of pop, but boyband, no.

I haven't heard anything else by the guy, I hope this entry isn't a representation because then he should challenge all of that (what you refer to as "charismatic full with amazing energy close to female provocateur") into his music as well, because sonically speaking there is nothing of this here.... and I can't see it in his stage persona or performance either, are you sure you're not mixing him up with Lil Nas X or someone? xshrug

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Still learning, you're a good teacher how to play that game.
I totally love the way how you perceive me. That doesn't mean you get me, but I'm fine with that.

Jopi

I haven't heard anything else by the guy, I hope this entry isn't a representation because then he should challenge all of that (what you refer to as "charismatic full with amazing energy close to female provocateur") into his music as well, because sonically speaking there is nothing of this here.... and I can't see it in his stage persona or performance either, are you sure you're not mixing him up with Lil Nas X or someone? xshrug
He definitely is charismatic performer, he sells the song 100%

A-lister

Veteran
I totally love the way how you perceive me. That doesn't mean you get me, but I'm fine with that.

That makes us two then, neither of us know the other person so naturally we can agree on that.

Remisan

It seems to me that this discussion reached a dead end a day ago.

This song reminds me of 00s ballads (although I'm not sure what exactly boysbands or individual performers). My beloved and my friends agree.
But I have not found compositions on YouTube that can be sufficient proof. The music and melody there are completely different, so I did not argue.

Perhaps the fact is that all of us (for whom it looks like 00s) at that time heard all these boysbands only by chance and in the background (I honestly admit, I cannot distinguish by ear most of the songs that were cited in this topic, this is not snobbery, it is just a blind spot).

When I tried to analyze why we see this likeness, I came to the conclusion:

- Something in the manner of singing / style (God knows what to call it, I'm not a musician)

- he sings very evenly (monotonously), he does not play with intonations, his emotions look the same throughout the song (for me). I know his real feelings are in the song, but I don't hear them in the singing. It's very neutral to my ear, like a lot of 00s pop songs. People from my environment agree with this.

- the lyrics of the song, the imagery that he uses (I already said that at 2000s the comparison with the fallen angels was so popular that it became a cliche, like cigarettes with menthol and a cup of coffee in describing melancholy)

- some elements of visual style

Last edited:

Remisan

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just a few hours away ... and the discussion continues ...!

tenor.gif

Sorry. I wanted to explain possible reasons why we hear it this way. (and because I considered it dishonest to remain silent, when A-lister isn't the only one who has the same assotiation)
I do not pretend to be objective.

At this point, I propose to end this dispute. It really doesn't make sense.

Ezio

Veteran
The dispute is far from settled. We need to wait for my favourite to show up and slay.

I see a little too much analysis in this thread and I think I understand why. This is my impression xqueenbitch

I consider the songs of Sweden and Norway to be almost on the same level. Perhaps, technically, Tusse's "Voices" is better. However... Norway will certainly enter the final while Sweden run the risk of not qualifying xshock1:

It is inconceivable for A-lister, he is partly right, to see Norway easily qualify with a song no higher than Tusse's xgaahA-lister, the elegant cat, has understood that, with all the flaws and references of "Fallen Angel" to the music of the 90s and early 2000s, TIX has managed to insert many more emotions, emotions that are part of TIX's life baggage. The life baggage of TIX, as it happened for Sobral, can move and conquer the public xangelxcry

Ok but ... why bother only about TIX? xangry Simple. TIX takes away a place for the final from Sweden, Norway will not be allied and ... the first semifinal will be very difficult. It is not impossible that televoting and juries will play a bad joke on Sweden. The world is this "When the opponent is in trouble ... does anyone help him? xkiss No, he hits him harder xpunish" Some nations that usually struggle to access the final, this time they can play for a prestigious opportunity xqueenbitch

Now what should I expect from A-lister? xthink Will he hit me with his terrible emoticon? xshrugxshrugxshrug I swear there is nothing scarier!xshockxfaint

Jopi

I see a little too much analysis in this thread and I think I understand why. This is my impression xqueenbitch

I consider the songs of Sweden and Norway to be almost on the same level. Perhaps, technically, Tusse's "Voices" is better. However... Norway will certainly enter the final while Sweden run the risk of not qualifying xshock1:
Nooo, you just did not say that lol

Nooo, you just did not say that lol
Dear H.P. Lovecraft always says things frankly xqueenbitch I said what many Eurofans hold in their hearts so as not to antagonize the Swedish public and what the Swedes fear. My words are similar to waxing. I'm a painful tearxrofl

However, my words are never "against anyone" xkiss I tell the truth. Since attending this forum I have discovered the strategy behind the Big Brother (I predicted the elimination of Lithuania and Norway), I have noticed the strange increase in registrations resulting in strange votes in the Ranking Game (if I'm not mistaken, after reading what I wrote, Pal Nordhal started asking questions xthink) and ... I always understood what the words of the eurofans were hiding. Music lovers cannot make certain comments... xthink

Mmm ... I'm the fusion of Sherlock Holmes and Sheldon Cooper ... "BAZINGA, Watson!" xrofl

Top Bottom