Contact us

Betting Odds 2021

DanielLuis

Nobody thought anything of Cyprus' chances to win until rehearsals started. That includes bookies and fans alike.

crashworld

Veteran
I mean the betting odds predicts the winner of the competition. So that doesn't really mean that a semi-finalist can't qualify to the final even though it's low in the winning odds.

Realest

We finally have 'to qualify Odds':

Semi1:

Surprised that Malta and Sweden "only" got 92%/87%, although they are deadsafe.
Romania and Norway with >70% is also astonishing like Australia only 35%.
The Rest makes more or less Sense.

Semi2:

Here again. Switzerlands Chance is higher than only 89%.
Moldova should be higher as well. Polands Chance is much lower than 48% imo.
Latvia and Czech Republic are probably the most underrated.

Last edited:

Antho

France is getting closer and closer to Switzerland. I'm happy to see that every performance Barbara delivers gives her a kind of momentum. Hope her live performance at the Grand Final will have the same effect !

mauve

Veteran
How can that happen?!? I mean we had no live performance (unless we count Efendi's TV performance in), but ... I will never understand the odds though we shouldn't overrate the odds anyway. Let's see what happens after the first rehearsals ...

Antho

Well that live performance from Efendi was.. mediocre, so it's kinda understandable if it's going down. And Israël is probably still enjoying the momentum it got with the revamp. Btw, France passed Switzerland and is now #2.

crashworld

Veteran
Winning odds are nothing to be honest until the rehearsals start. So I wouldn't worry or pay too much attention. Although I'm happy to see people are willing to place bets on my favourites though. Lol.

Iker

Veteran
Winning odds are nothing to be honest until the rehearsals start. So I wouldn't worry or pay too much attention. Although I'm happy to see people are willing to place bets on my favourites though. Lol.

I never bet on anything but I feel like betting on :ch: and :fi: this year.

Realest

Betting Odds in the Mid of April.

EysAwQsWQAERYwa

heke1988

Wow, I didn't know, Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät was so high in the betting odds.

Citelis

Interesting that Greece is close to top10 every year since 2017 but in all 3 cases the result was way lower.

Shadowfuxcs

There is also a false perception that Greece has a huge diaspora and that Balkan and south European countries have some kind of bias in favor of Greece. All these are false, yes a lot of Greeks live abroad, but the population is not large enough to make a difference like it was with Turkey and Poland, and Greece never received friendly voting apart from Cyprus and to a lesser extend from Albania. These were the only two countries that actually gave points to "Better love".

West European audiences like to perpetuate such stereotypes to justify why masterpieces like the Schooch and Gemini were bombing while eastern Europe was dominant in the 00's. Greece was succesful in the 00's because the broadcaster found the know-how of presenting "ethnic" booty shaking songs with staging based on the stereotypes of bouzouki-opa-dishbreaking that foreigners expect to see from Greece.
Therefore the alleged "Greece enjoys political support from the televote" legend was created and it is still reflected in odds and predictions.

Last edited:

Realest

Top Bottom