So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

tkris

Oh dear... xthink

I'm upgrading from 8 to 12 though - it took me like 5-6 listens but this is really good and is on my Spotify now
Many people do this , just to become conformists. Eurovision is based on first impressions!

Preuss

I mean, I always upgrade the scores of many songs every year though

And at first, I gave Destiny an 8, which is still a respectable score. SJB is doing the staging for this one, so let's see what happens... xmad

I bims

Veteran

Iker

Veteran
I would be so damn butthurt you can't even imagine :ROFLMAO:

So many good reject songs are picked up while the quality of Melfest itself has been dropping a lot.
Maybe people that are responsible for Melodifestivalen lack taste or you need some good connections to stand a chance?

I bims

Veteran
Maybe people that are responsible for Melodifestivalen lack taste or you need some good connections to stand a chance?
I think it boils down to Branding. They want Schlager and clean pop, that's the "brand" that they are following. Establishing a brand is important and it has worked to establish their current reuptation internationally so they stick to it. And everything follows a certain formular as you can clearly tell every year. And it's not surprising they rejected Je Me Casse because it doesn't fit the brand. It has Swing elements and a french chorus, that's not a sound Sweden is known for.

Iker

Veteran
I think it boils down to Branding. They want Schlager and clean pop, that's the "brand" that they are following. Establishing a brand is important and it has worked to establish their current reuptation internationally so they stick to it. And everything follows a certain formular as you can clearly tell every year. And it's not surprising they rejected Je Me Casse because it doesn't fit the brand. It has Swing elements and a french chorus, that's not a sound Sweden is known for.
But doesn't it make Melodifestivalen more boring, samey and repetitive? I swear like sometimes 10 random MF songs blur into one in my head. If they want to win the Eurovision again they likely need to change their approach.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran

Both, to get into MF it seems to be mostly about connections and the team who picks the entries are basic as hell it seems.

A-lister

Veteran
LMAO. What's up with countries selecting internally Melfast rejects? This trend has been going on for many years already.

I really find this trend annoying as hell, I miss the days when entries actually represented their countries and were done by locals, for the past 10 years or more it's just shop-around.

I bims

Veteran
But doesn't it make Melodifestivalen more boring, samey and repetitive? I swear like sometimes 10 random MF songs blur into one in my head. If they want to win the Eurovision again they likely need to change their approach.
I think so too.
But that they blur together just proves that they are going for one clear sound that makes them recognizeable. But it hurts them after a while as we see now because it's predictable and they push away great worthy artists. Now that Björkman stepped away from Melfest we might see more diversity again. I can imagine that he tried to play it safe so close to his departure so he's remembered as bringing good results.

i really am afraid that it won’t do particularly well with the public and poor Malta hasn’t got any friends whatsoever
If the televote would be so heavily influenced by neighbors and country size that would in turn mean Germany would never get 0 points. But it happens a lot. So I would not count them out just because they are a small country.

That being said... I can totally see Je Me Casse somewhat flop. I don't think people are as excited as the bookmakers are.

Who even said its Je me casse? Could be any from favorites included Cyprus and San Marino
I mean she said ON top which sounds like she is meaning the first place. "In the top" would sound more like something in the Top 10 like San Marino.

midnightsun

Veteran
You can easily google the composers of a song and only in „Je me casse“ there is a Malin involved (with another surname but could be an alias).

Carlkva

I think so too.
But that they blur together just proves that they are going for one clear sound that makes them recognizeable. But it hurts them after a while as we see now because it's predictable and they push away great worthy artists. Now that Björkman stepped away from Melfest we might see more diversity again. I can imagine that he tried to play it safe so close to his departure so he's remembered as bringing good results.

If the televote would be so heavily influenced by neighbors and country size that would in turn mean Germany would never get 0 points. But it happens a lot. So I would not count them out just because they are a small country.

That being said... I can totally see Je Me Casse somewhat flop. I don't think people are as excited as the bookmakers are.

I mean she said ON top which sounds like she is meaning the first place. "In the top" would sound more like something in the Top 10 like San Marino.
I mean the televote is influenced by it, Germany does get placed higher in our neighbouring countries, and when we send a competent song like in 2018, our neighbors tend to place us higher than countries that don't border us, so yes the televote makes it more difficult for Malta to get good results.

tararaaam

I disagree quite much. Finland won, Cyprus almost won, Iceland-Malta have had second places. Of course, if you are Sweden or Italy it’s much easier to get a good place, but nowadays, in the internet odds and memes era, hype and trend are the things that count the most. I would say that controlling the odds is much bigger advantage -as a self-declared prophecy-, than if someone is a part of the Scandi or the ex-Soviet block.

Preuss

I mean the televote is influenced by it, Germany does get placed higher in our neighbouring countries, and when we send a competent song like in 2018, our neighbors tend to place us higher than countries that don't border us, so yes the televote makes it more difficult for Malta to get good results.

i suppose this is the case for all countries in Eurovision, but the tradition of rewarding each other points is much stronger wirhin some blocks, resulting in 12s every year. This ain’t the case for Germany

there’s certainly no bias/block when it comes to the commonwealth countries either, so Malta doesn’t get any extra (tele)points that way

it’s a bit unfair, but it won’t result in massive changes on the scoreboard I believe, but it could save you from completely flopping - see Cyprus 2019, Tamta. 12 points from Greece, 12 points from Georgia, 7 points from San Marino (and those aren’t really televote points) and 1 single point from the UK lol. So basically one point, though funny how UK and Cyprus are commonwealth countries so maybe there’s something there...

Top Bottom