The storm’s relentless
But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ali_

I would be intrigued to hear her do an uptempo song. I've only seen her perform ballads - Eurovision and a couple of random performances I've come across on youtube - but maybe she has uptempo performances out there.

Iker

Veteran
I am praying for it it to NQ. Lol. I have a gut feeling it will Q, yikes. Sure if everyone else will sound & look awful or mediocre even with some additional help this year then I won't be so bitter, but still I would be 'mah' with this making through that bloodbath semi.

I just know, way too well from my own past Eurovision experiences that if it will then some of my faves will not, ugh.

:ua:, :ru:, :au: - you in danger, gurls. One of them is about to flop I'm afraid. All of them are brash (that is why - among other things I love each of them).

The power of Amen (or her smooth vocals) can easily sway the juries into Ana's favour and maybe even to my surprise the televote can be lured with the right staging / performance / draw. The song this year for Slovenia is pretty bad & bland in my view. I liked 'Voda' more but it was even more chanceless realistically speaking.

theditz83

Veteran
Is there any sign of a proper live performance of this yet? I think we know that Ana should have the talent to carry this song off live, but I feel that it's very difficult to properly judge a song's chances for qualification (even in the death slot) without a live performance.

Ali_

Is there any sign of a proper live performance of this yet? I think we know that Ana should have the talent to carry this song off live, but I feel that it's very difficult to properly judge a song's chances for qualification (even in the death slot) without a live performance.
Here's a link to the live performance she did on EMA https://www.rtvslo.si/4d/arhiv/174757178?s=tv

Iker

Veteran
If this somehow qualifies for being what it is from the death spot in the bloodbath semifinal I will be howling.

theditz83

Veteran
Here's a link to the live performance she did on EMA https://www.rtvslo.si/4d/arhiv/174757178?s=tv
Yeah so that confirms what I suspected, she can fully carry this off live. This one more and more is keeping me in mind of :cz: 2016 which of course managed to qualify but in my head it qualified from 2nd spot and was saved by the jury which I think is a bit of confusion at my end since it was the final where Gabriela performed 2nd.

But yeah, the comparison stands in my mind and that's probably the best result that Ana can hope for - just qualifying and then finishing at the bottom end of the scoreboard. Personally, I still really enjoy the melody and her performance of this song, but it's old-fashioned styling and composition will probably turn a lot of public voters off.

Ezio

Veteran
It's only 16 songs, and although Amen comes early, it got a unique selling position. They would be worse off if they were back to back with :mk:. Also, no one needs a toilet break just yet. That is when :mk: performs.

:at: qualified twice from the dreadful 2nd position. 2011 with a very slow ballad, 2017 with a slow pop song.

crashworld

Veteran
The only way she is going to get her qualification is that the Christian community in the voting countries of semi 1 mass vote for her.

Can someone send a message to the conservative Christian group in Cyprus and inform them to organise a campaign to save Ana so they can repel the devil song?

Iker

Veteran
The only way she is going to get her qualification is that the Christian community in the voting countries of semi 1 mass vote for her.

Can someone send a message to the conservative Christian group in Cyprus and inform them to organise a campaign to save Ana so they can repel the devil song?
Imagine if 'Amen' qualifies but 'El Diablo' don't - lol. But this scenario is not gonna happen for 99.9%.

rasmuslights

Veteran

lowkey think the christian group actually might save her, no joke. The title sure helps it and we should not undermine the fact that countries like Romania, Croatia, Macedonia, Italy, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus are all still very religious and the fact that this is the only religious song in the contest hm.. it might actually help her.. all she needs is one point from each country (televote) - and we already know that Croatia and Macedonia will give Slovenia at least 6 points, because the juries will surely place her in the top 6 at least.

Iker

Veteran
lowkey think the christian group actually might save her, no joke. The title sure helps it and we should not undermine the fact that countries like Romania, Croatia, Macedonia, Italy, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus are all still very religious and the fact that this is the only religious song in the contest hm.. it might actually help her.. all she needs is one point from each country (televote) - and we already know that Croatia and Macedonia will give Slovenia at least 6 points, because the juries will surely place her in the top 6 at least.
Please, better not. I dislike this entry so much.

Kaz

I think people are overexaggerating the running order. 2nd isn’t even the worst position for qualification - 3rd, 8th, and 11th are all worse statistically.

Plus, we all know Ana is going to get the vast majority of her points from the juries. She hasn’t got any televoters to lose.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

I prefer "Voda" over this one, but none are really my cup of tea, although both ballads are quite ok as far as Eurovision ballads go and compared to other ballads this year, "Amen" is still one of the better ones. I see people comparing it to North Macedonia's "Proud" in 2019 but I think this one is a far more competent song and less clichéd than "Proud" however (although with that said I still think this should be no place near the top). I don't know really what to add here, it's decent I guess, I don't care for it too much but it still manages to sneak into my top. 25.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • Now this is a Song! Notice the capital "S".
  • She has great vocals to match.
THE BAD:
  • A couple of the lyrics keep this from being a 12 for me.
THE VERDICT:

If this song isn't in the Final, it'll be an injustice. Slovenia made a great choice this year. For me, this is Top 10 in the Final material, if not Top 5. Who knows? It might even sneak in a win after it's all said and done. 10 points

Shadowfuxcs

THE GOOD:
  • Now this is a Song! Notice the capital "S".
  • She has great vocals to match.
THE BAD:
  • A couple of the lyrics keep this from being a 12 for me.
THE VERDICT:

If this song isn't in the Final, it'll be an injustice. Slovenia made a great choice this year. For me, this is Top 10 in the Final material, if not Top 5. Who knows? It might even sneak in a win after it's all said and done. 10 points
You think Slovenia can win but on the Swiss thread you mention that Switzerland cannot win because it is too sad and relies on vocals alone?

Iker

Veteran
I think people are overexaggerating the running order. 2nd isn’t even the worst position for qualification - 3rd, 8th, and 11th are all worse statistically.

Plus, we all know Ana is going to get the vast majority of her points from the juries. She hasn’t got any televoters to lose.
Yup, I think the running order would be more potentially harmful if this entry was primarily a televote magnet. I've never thought about this from this perspective, but now it makes sense to me. Either way the running order significance in the semifinals is overrated.

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz
Top Bottom