Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gitte

there's a reason why 'generic' became 'generic' in the first place. People like it. If the whole world adored metal so you'd hear metal everywhere you go and every radiostation would play metal metal would be generic.

Elina UA

I get irritated when joke entries are justified by "but Eurovision is supposed to be fun! Juries bad!" Like...no. Songs don't have to be jokes to be fun. There are many great fun songs, and juries rewarded many great fun songs. And I absolutely agree, juries saved Eurovision. I don't think we'd have about 40 countries participating each year now if it wasn't for the re-introduction of the jury.
Joke entries are not just fun. They're deep, deeper than serious entries, because they're self-aware. And the jury just killed them. xdiablo
"But...but...we have many generic songs now." Also no. Since when a good pop song equals to "generic"? The term "generic" is way overused in the fandom. And I absolutely agree, juries saved Eurovision.
Yes, thanks to the jury for saving us all by turning it into Eurovision 40 Radio-friendly Pop Song Written By A Swedish Composer With That One Ballad Winning Contest. IOTAP
At the same time, songs in underrepresented genres are almost automatically given the "awesome" rate, even when they're a weak(er) example of their genre.
True. Finland 2021 is an example. So many 2000s rock clichés, i can't. Do you know why it sucks? Because it's unoriginal. xpunish

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
All of you talking about 2007 and 2008, but let's not forget how elite the 2005 final was though. One of the best winners this century and a final full of absolute ethno bangers. xbow Even the UK went ethno. Easily one of the best finals.

You can tell who the new fans are as they always bash the old years, or worse yet don't even bother to listen. You all need to chill, not be serious and just enjoy some good music. Not everything has to be super serious and meaningful.

Mrm

Veteran
And Belarus will pick the entry, when exactly? In May? :lol:

vavera4ka

Somewhere in parallel universe this is Belarusian entry under w-r-w flag

Top Bottom