Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinch

@Iker @mauve @Jopi

Eurovision = 2% good songs, 98% clownery imo.
I watch it every year w/my friends or family because of all the cringey, funny and dated things it has and we make fun of them all.
Drinking games go really well with this contest xrollinglol

I didn't think people would ACTUALLY listen to those songs :oops:

I bims

Veteran
@Iker @mauve @Jopi

I watch it every year w/my friends or family because of all the cringey, funny and dated things it has and we make fun of them all.

This post has "I'm british" written all over it.

mauve

Veteran
@Iker @mauve @Jopi

And I thought a Grinch would be like

original.gif

Seriously:

Eurovision = 2% good songs, 98% clownery imo???

Okay, it's official we live on different planets! xrofl

Chalphon

Katya Ocean feat. Daz Sampson- Give you love OR Danny Shark & Emtiar & Bridgy- Kiss n' gun for Belarus. That would have made me a very happy camper...

hijirio

Veteran
Not here for 00s bashing by Gen-Z kids.
Those were the best years of Eurovision for me, before everything turned into plastic with the arrival of juries in the past decade.

hijirio

Veteran

Iker

Veteran
Not here for 00s bashing by Gen-Z kids.
Those were the best years of Eurovision for me, before everything turned into plastic with the arrival of juries in the past decade.
I remember watching it as a kid in those times and even then I noticed that 3/4 of entries were crap. And my (good) taste was not yet formed by then. I mean years 2004-2007 were well ... (yuck). I watched it for some trashy entertainment and because of the exciting aspect of various countries competing. Not to mention that the songs were largely very similar to each other, now actually we have more variety unlike what some like to claim and less clown acts.

midnightsun

Veteran
I have to agree with ESCTurkey to the extent that thees years weren’t all that bad. It was actually really fun, maybe more than nowadays because most countries didn’t take it too seriously! So there were 4-5 songs who really wanted to win (and one of them won), two songs that didn’t intend to win but accidentally made it high up in the scoreboard (we know our crazy ESC bubble ;)) and you didn’t have to think about the others, it was mostly eye candy (I‘m a straight woman so I wasn’t attracted to the short skirted big boobie girls but I‘m always in for good dancing performances because that‘s called entertainment).
Today there are sooo many good and serious efforts to win that it‘s sometimes exhausting to have that many potentially good songs because you can’t decide.

However, what annoyed me more back then: that masses of obvious NQ‘s or songs that would have ended last made it top 10 due to diaspora votings. And I‘m not talking about the cheap dance entries, not even about Dima Bilan. All of them were rightfully there.
So we have to have juries, that’s unavoidable, but the way they‘re doing it now doesn’t solve that problem.

Romeo

The eu is a political union. Trading partners. That’s like saying uefa have Kosovo in footy so the ebu should have Kosovo in esc. (I’m a huge supporter of Kosovo in esc) but the eu and ebu / uefa are opposites
But how EU can be equaled to EBU at all?
Serbia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia etc etc.. That is not EU.. xshrug

Top Bottom