Contact us

Which country should win ESC 2021 ?

Who is your personal winner of ESC 2021 ?

• Switzerland : Tout l'Universe

• France : Voila

• Bulgaria : Growing up is getting Old

• Lithuania : Discotheque

• Malta : Je me Casse

• Finland : Dark Side

• Italy : Zitti e Buoni

• Iceland : 10 years

• Cyprus : El Diablo

• San Marino : Adrenalina

• Romania : Amnesia

• Greece : Last Dance

• Sweden : Voices

• Have we seen the live performance yet ?

• Others

• Ukraine: Shum

Results are only viewable after voting.

heke1988

At this point my wish: :ch: :gr::hr:

tkris

At this point my wish: :ch: :gr::hr:
Croatia and Moldova were the closest in my assessment of the possible contenders to win who didn't make my poll list. Albina and Tick Tock had a lot of momentum in the fandom when she won Dora , but it hasn't held as strong . That's what I feel is the reason she is not high in polls or odds.

The question in the thread title is difficult to properly answer because of how vague and subjective it is. Everyone has their own opinions on why a specific country should win for a ton of different reasons which some people never will agree upon.

Which countries should win this year because of economic-political reasons within the EBU? Which countries should win because they are underdogs? Which country should win because the said country has the best song or overall package?

No one will completely agree with any answer... So I'm going full bias mode and vote by what the poll actually asks, my personal winner. I would vote for :fr:.

1. "Voila" is the best song in my opinion.
2. The staging and Barbara's live performance in the NF is one of the most compelling this year so far.
3. "Volia" would be the first French song to win since 1988.
4. France hasn't won since 1977 and would also be the first of the Big Five to win since Germany in 2010.
5. A French victory might influence Luxembourg and Monaco to return.

Even though Switzerland's entry is very solid and would be a great winner too, "Tout l'Univers" doesn't have the same spark for me as what "Voila" does. "Voila" is similar to "Love Injected" in a lot of ways, a phenomenal song that could break barriers and the struggling broadcaster can progress forward when actual ambition is put into the overall package, even if the country doesn't have to win.

midnightsun

Veteran
I‘m not talking about my favourites right now, I‘m just answering the question which country should win the ESC.

I‘m assuming these countries above are in for the win and objectively spoken they do have the biggest chances as of now - so do reflect the betting odds as well.

Out of these countries I‘m torn between Switzerland and Finland. I‘m leaning towards Switzerland and I tell you why.
Either songs are in my top 3 so subjectively it’s no question, I love both with maybe Finland a tiny tiny bit more at the moment.

Why Switzerland then?
First of all, I think Gjon is a brilliant artist. I won’t go further into it here other than it’s really impressing how mature he is at his age.
Secondly, he delivered high quality two years consecutively and was a contender for victory already last year.
Furthermore it’s always a better feeling when someone wins a big part of the voters is agreeing with. That’s why I accepted Salvador Sobral though I strongly disliked the song but think it was a bit unfair that Duncan won in 2019 although I loved the song. I guess more people could accept Switzerland over Finland.
And last: Switzerland hasn‘t won in a while, it‘s time again! :)

/edit: I should add that I would be happy with almost all of the songs above! This year is so strong and I love so many of the songs; they are basically (almost) all on my top 10 and I‘d be happy for everyone of them!

tkris

I didn't like Amar pelos dois at all. Still don't. Voila in a lot of ways gives me the same vibe. But I'm ready to accept that a song that's not necessarily liked by me can still be liked by the majority. I do believe Switzerland is the least alienating song of all the possible winners. No one would be disappointed in it winning.

tkris

The question in the thread title is difficult to properly answer because of how vague and subjective it is. Everyone has their own opinions on why a specific country should win for a ton of different reasons which some people never will agree upon.

Which countries should win this year because of economic-political reasons within the EBU? Which countries should win because they are underdogs? Which country should win because the said country has the best song or overall package?

No one will completely agree with any answer... So I'm going full bias mode and vote by what the poll actually asks, my personal winner. I would vote for :fr:.

1. "Voila" is the best song in my opinion.
2. The staging and Barbara's live performance in the NF is one of the most compelling this year so far.
3. "Volia" would be the first French song to win since 1988.
4. France hasn't won since 1977 and would also be the first of the Big Five to win since Germany in 2010.
5. A French victory might influence Luxembourg and Monaco to return.

Even though Switzerland's entry is very solid and would be a great winner too, "Tout l'Univers" doesn't have the same spark for me as what "Voila" does. "Voila" is similar to "Love Injected" in a lot of ways, a phenomenal song that could break barriers and the struggling broadcaster can progress forward when actual ambition is put into the overall package, even if the country doesn't have to win.
Though I don't like Voila much , I do see it's got a special charm and makes it stand out. It's definitely in it to win it.

tkris

I'm surprised at no votes for Romania , certain YouTube simulations showed it to be quite an early favourite

Ezio

Veteran
Hometown by Molly Sandén

lasse braun

the last lithuanian mohican here.xdance2

have voted for lithuania but there are of course fine options - the winner should be from following countries with ranking:
:lt::it::lv::fr::ua::pt::ru::ge:

tkris

Why everyone hate 🇳🇴and🇸🇪 they could be top 5 imo
I don't think People hate Sweden , it was 4th fav in polls in Sweden , most see it as a decent yet "the same old formulaic song " by Sweden which will be "overrated by juries and have a much lower televote " for the third year in a row.

For Norway , there is absolute hate for TIX. The Song was not in the Top half of MGP songs for most people , people see it as a NQ . The only reason he won is cause of his name. That's why his entry is hated. But the bookamkers still believe in it.

tkris

You like entries that are "different and stand out " and that's really cool. He he
I just dislike Portugal out of these . The rest are all good/decent. ☺️
the last lithuanian mohican here.xdance2

have voted for lithuania but there are of course fine options - the winner should be from following countries with ranking:
:lt::it::lv::fr::ua::pt::ru::ge:

esc87fan

I am heavily leaning towards Switzerland right now. Not a lot of Eurovision songs these days give me goosebumps (aside from "Amar pelos dois" and "Arcade), but "Tout l'univers" pulled me in right away. For someone so young, Gjon's vocals are out of this world! Switzerland's come so far in the semifinal era, and this could be the year they finally put all the pieces together to get their first victory since 1988

Though I also be happy with France winning. "Voilà" is so authentically French and Barbara delivers it beautifully. The country is already coming off its big win at JESC (which Barbara was also part of), so it must be a huge boost of confidence going into ESC 2021

lasse braun

Why everyone hate 🇳🇴and🇸🇪
it has in my opinium nothing to do with "hate" - people only have a different music taste and that's all.
we have in germany same discussion about jendrik and his song.(we have it every year :mrgreen:)
in that well known german blog some users write very often "hating" or "hater" if you dont like that song.
when i dont like something i can decline it,mocking around, be ironic,be sarcastic ect. there are a lot of options also in combination something not to like without any true hate feelings.

Top Bottom