• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
I'll just copy-paste my comment from another thread about what he said:

A certain Salvador comes to mind, at least he didn't outright call it a "shitshow" but the attitudes towards the show itself wasn't too different... well no one is forcing anyone to take part now do they? xshrug You can't have it both ways really, if you really believe it's shit, then please, save yourself from the pain and do withdraw then!.. funny how this "shit" is probably your only chance of any sort of career? xshrug

The rest of this comment though, like what a douche! It's like Silvia Night (Iceland 2006) but without playing a character... yikes!

midnightsun

Veteran
(As I already wrote in the other thread too...)
... waiting for a correct translation.

Of course itā€™s a bit disappointing to read these lines from him - IF they are true. Maybe thatā€˜s why it took them so long to release the song.

Doesnā€™t matter I love the song! I can listen to it outside of Eurovision so thatā€™s fine with me. He sounds like Richard Ashcroft trapped in the sixties. Really like the combination!

Loindici

Veteran
Why do half the artists I let into my heart have to say/do things to get them disliked by people? Not that I think he's committed some kind of super crime here but if the translation "shitshow" thing holds some weight, and it was aimed at the contest itself and not something else being referred to in his post then that isn't very nice. At the same time it's also not very nice as an artist being delivered such harsh words about your work on social media. I feel Tornike. I don't feel his response. I think I'd probably be worse if it was me responding to criticism. As @HayashiM mentioned I hope being at the contest will change any negative opinions Tornike might have. That's only going to happen though if people give him a warm welcome. We can make him change his mind.

*prays for Belarus to drop their new song now so the attention quickly diverts*

Oh no, Papa noticed!

Good thing his replies are still as sweet as usual :cry:

harey

But "shitshow" is written "shitshow" and not shitshow, which means that he is referring to something someone else have said, no? šŸ§

J'en ai marre de cuisiner de la merde is different from j'en ai marre de cuisiner "de la merde" because in the first case I really should stop cooking but in the second case I just should eat alone.

To me the message sounds like "I'm tired to have to do PR to people calling it shitshow, anyway thanks to people involved in working on it and f*** you if you don't like it".

Last edited:

Schlagerman1

It is hard to understand what Tornike means at this moment, since what has been written is translated in many ways at this point. But when I see the post, it sounds like he had been drinking some of that yummy georgian wine, saw a few of the negative comments to the official vid and thought he would write a few thoughts about it. Yeah, it is not good to do that and say some these words, but we all have written stupid things online, going over the line, letting our emotions go over reason and said dumb things. That is why I don't mind what has been written or not, since it just feels like a burst of thoughts that might have been posted in the wrong place.

*turning on the microphone* "Ehem, Can the drama students go back to the belarusian page, where the real drama is happening in ESC 2021, thank you?" :mrgreen:

Sunwell

Sadly translation is correct, he declared ESC as "shitshow" and "whoever says something negative about us, f*** their mothers" translation is correct

He is attacking fans who criticized song and it's not good for his career

People in Georgian is very sensitive to Georgian ESC entries since winning this contest is very important for country and participant is financed with our money, so people has legit right to express their opinions about song/video.

He will get legit backlash as he should

BorisBubbles

Veteran
He might be refering to the Georgian selection procedure, not the contest itself.

Though like... Calling it a shitshow when you yourself um... applied to be on the show? and then accepted to go again this year? What's your game here, Tornike Turnpike, tell us!!

harey

But it's really strange, as he posted positive comments about other contestants (France, Ukraine), why would he call it a shitshow? If he thought so would he put attention to others song and congratulate foreign artists who take part?

ag89

Is someone here from Georgia who can properly translate this explaining the context? Maybe there is something behind we don't actually understand? And as someone already said, I don't mind if people call ESC shitshow, freakshow or whatsoever... The fact they still decide to participate tells me they appreciate and understand the relevance of the contest anyway. Of course, it's not nice to hear such things, but many things that have happened at ESC give those people full right to call it this or that... Also, let's not forget many artists love ESC too. But it is somehow mainstream to call it freakshow or similar...Just check the media during Eurovision week.

Giiio

Hi guys.Iā€™m Georgian and my English is not good Iā€™m sorry, but I canā€™t not say this: not all Eurovision fan get meaning of this shameless post right, becouse of google translate... thatā€™s why so many ppl in Georgia šŸ‡¬šŸ‡Ŗ are outraged and mad. We are many euro fans here in Geo, and we donā€™t deserve disresptful thinks like this what he said. He says that his song is too many good for Eurovision and Itā€™s sad to PR song like this in shitshow like Euro. After that he added: ā€œyou guys donā€™t watch Music Video and all ppl who donā€™t like it i f**k your momsā€. And he thanks certain ppl in his post + National broadcaster, but not Eurofans, here was national selection. We chose him, i voted for him in Selection and Iā€™m upset.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Is someone here from Georgia who can properly translate this explaining the context? Maybe there is something behind we don't actually understand? And as someone already said, I don't mind if people call ESC shitshow, freakshow or whatsoever... The fact they still decide to participate tells me they appreciate and understand the relevance of the contest anyway. Of course, it's not nice to hear such things, but many things that have happened at ESC give those people full right to call it this or that... Also, let's not forget many artists love ESC too. But it is somehow mainstream to call it freakshow or similar...Just check the media during Eurovision week.

He can think what he wants about Eurovision, but I do disagree that he shouldn't be called out for it. This is a person that uses Eurovision as a platform for self-exposure, he is not a random person out there calling it a "shitshow", so yes it's much worse coming from his mouth. If he doesn't like the contest, no one is forcing him to use that platform right? xshrug

Elina UA

Hi guys.Iā€™m Georgian and my English is not good Iā€™m sorry, but I canā€™t not say this: not all Eurovision fan get meaning of this shameless post right, becouse of google translate... thatā€™s why so many ppl in Georgia šŸ‡¬šŸ‡Ŗ are outraged and mad. We are many euro fans here in Geo, and we donā€™t deserve disresptful thinks like this what he said. He says that his song is too many good for Eurovision and Itā€™s sad to PR song like this in shitshow like Euro. After that he added: ā€œyou guys donā€™t watch Music Video and all ppl who donā€™t like it i f**k your momsā€. And he thanks certain ppl in his post + National broadcaster, but not Eurofans, here was national selection. We chose him, i voted for him in Selection and Iā€™m upset.
Wow. This guy is about to ruin his whole career.

Giiio

We waited for this song 2 years Georgian fans (and ofc all Eurofans) get reply like this. I think itā€™s not better than SilviaNight. She was bit funny u know.. and she donā€™t insulted Icelandic ppl. Iā€™m surprised that certain Eurofans are supporting him tbh, but everyone has opinion... here many ppl say that he need to be cancelled if he respects herselfšŸ˜Œ

A-lister

Veteran
Ah, I understand. So I better support Jendrik who REALLY loves ESC and supports it wholeheartedly. :whistle:

I understand the irony, but I think one can be able to separate the two. I would still support an entry (if I liked it) even if the person who sings it has a bad attitude, and I wouldn't support an entry (if I dislike it) even if the person had the best attitude in the world... but with that said, this type of douche attitude should be called out.

Top Bottom