• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Phew.. so it's a false alarm due to georgian noodle alphabet. :LOL:
I think he was just expressing his disappointment with the Georgian broadcaster that doesn't seem to be that interested in Eurovision. And he was complaining that he's the one having to promote this entry, i guess... xthink
nope the translation is correct, you can check the comments from Georgian fans who demand an apology and want to disqualify him.. :)

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm not bothered he has such opinion, what is sad is that he is still using the contest for his promotion and it's looking very unthankful. It's like I would trash my parents but continue to spend my money and live in their house.

DanielLuis

I saw another slightly different translation with the phrase being
"It's so sad that therefore existing reality we have to use eurovision "shitshow" to advertise our work like this. i will put it here, it's on you to watch music video and also everyone who say bad about us ill f*ck your mothers"
xheat

Oh and that last iconic phrase was followed by "thank you very much for being alongside me" :lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
I know some users will roll their eyes at me being on the defending side again, but maybe it's a georgian expression? :LOL:

You have no idea how confused i was when i learned that "break a leg" means "good luck"
and I know what you're thinking, and yes, it was indeed in 2011xrollinglol

rasmuslights

Veteran
I know some users will roll their eyes at me being on the defending side again, but maybe it's a georgian expression? :LOL:

You have no idea how confused i was when i learned that "break a leg" means "good luck"
and I know what you're thinking, and yes, it was indeed in 2011xrollinglol

no haha I mean I believed that it's because of the translation, but Goergian people are hating on him because he said that esc is a shitshow

HayashiM

Veteran
In any case, I am not mad at Tornike. Plenty of artists have a negative opinion about Eurovision before actually going there. It was the same story with Lake Malawi, they had thought the show was a creepy shitshow for years, and only changed their minds once they actively participated. Perhaps Tornike could be on a similar trajectory...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Why do half the artists I let into my heart have to say/do things to get them disliked by people? Not that I think he's committed some kind of super crime here but if the translation "shitshow" thing holds some weight, and it was aimed at the contest itself and not something else being referred to in his post then that isn't very nice. At the same time it's also not very nice as an artist being delivered such harsh words about your work on social media. I feel Tornike. I don't feel his response. I think I'd probably be worse if it was me responding to criticism. As @HayashiM mentioned I hope being at the contest will change any negative opinions Tornike might have. That's only going to happen though if people give him a warm welcome. We can make him change his mind.

*prays for Belarus to drop their new song now so the attention quickly diverts*

mauve

Veteran
In any case, I am not mad at Tornike. Plenty of artists have a negative opinion about Eurovision before actually going there. It was the same story with Lake Malawi, they had thought the show was a creepy shitshow for years, and only changed their minds once they actively participated. Perhaps Tornike could be on a similar trajectory...
Lake Malawi didn't like ESC? That is new to me actually! Their song was in my top 10 ... what anearworm! :p

Well, I neither want to condemn Tornike nor defend him, but who knows what is behind the story? And nevertheless, I still love his song and support him.

HayashiM

Veteran
Lake Malawi didn't like ESC? That is new to me actually! Their song was in my top 10 ... what anearworm! :p

Well, I neither want to condemn Tornike nor defend him, but who knows what is behind the story? And nevertheless, I still love his song and support him.

Yeah, I saw Albert mentioning it in several interviews, they really only started loving the contest once they were there / once they started touring the pre-parties... One really can't blame them, most of our musicians apparently have the same opinion. Luckily that is changing fast, 6 years ago we had pretty much zero Czech-written entries submitted to the broadcaster; last year there were plenty of them.

Anyway, I obviously hope this shitshow gets somehow fixed very soon, preferably with :ge: beating their odds and eventually making it to Rotterdam's final :)

Top Bottom