So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
O my God, I didn't expect an entry wrecking my top 10 this late. I'm a sucker for the 80's and their epic synths sounds (Depeche Mode being my favourite band of all time :lol:) and I love this revival that's been going on lately. Feel like it's a specialty of Eastern Europe, seeing as they produced a lot of great 80's inspired remixes over the past years, Imany's "Don't Be So Shy" by Filatov & Karas being one example.

So amazing job here, this is right down my alley xlove The melody is a bit stale, but easy 10 points from me.

Klaas - How far can we go

The song reminds me of it (minus a bit lesser bass).

/edit: Depeche Mode! 😍 Big fan too although I‘m more into Duran Duran.

VikingTiger

... And I like this! Not a big favourite of mine though... But this is the most authentic 80s sound I've heard in quite a while! This could easily have been an old 80s tune, this would be perfect in the Stranger Things Netflix series as a very nice tune from the 80s... that hasnt really passed the test of time...

Franzilein

Klaas - How far can we go

The song reminds me of it (minus a bit lesser bass).

/edit: Depeche Mode! 😍 Big fan too although I‘m more into Duran Duran.
:ROFLMAO: And that one reminds me of this timeless classic

Love it when songs go full retro

Yoozek

Somewhere on this forum, possibly in Samanta's topic - I've stumbled upon the term "ear cancer". I think it suits his vocals perfectly.

Also, now we know why Clue#2 was that he was INTERNALLY SELECTED. Quite literally I'd say. He's working in the very same building where the committee picked a song for ESC.

tuorem

Poles apparently are turned off by that choice, which I can understand.

I don't know Rafal, so based on the overall package, he is the weak link imo. He does not have a voice at all, which cheapens an already not-so-modern song. Musically, it's got an early 2010's dated feel on top of the voluntary throwback 80's sound, it's not reinventing the wheel, and the lyrics are basic BUT I can't deny it's an ear-worm. Personally, I think there are much less convincing uptempos on offer this year.

And Poland sending a danceable track is uncommon, which is noteworthy.

Is it the song of the century? no. But I definitely enjoy and connect with it better than "Empires" last year. The delicate part will be how it will translate live, because that voice is giving the Danes a run for their money.

It's an :8: for me. It's got good replay value.

simonPL

He is very hard to be liked. I've just watched interview with him for eurowizja.org and, omg, what a vain dude! "International level of the video", "the best quality of the song", "Alicja? Sanah? They are young, they can wait"... he is simply the best. :sick:

crashworld

Veteran
He is very hard to be liked. I've just watched interview with him for eurowizja.org and, omg, what a vain dude! "International level of the video", "the best quality of the song", "Alicja? Sanah? They are young, they can wait"... he is simply the best. :sick:

I guess that's what happened when he's the poster boy of the local TV broadcaster. Perhaps this Eurovision experience will humble him down.

Pål Nordahl

Honestly, the song is an :8: for me. It has an authentic retro feel, as opposed to a "wanna be retro" feel, and I love that. But the vocals are extremely boring!! It's also worrying that he seems to be getting a lot of help from the production team on this track. Such a shame. In the end I give it :6: in the poll.

Romeo

It's very Danny Saucedo circa 2007. Luckily I am a fan of Danny's 2007 style! I think it could go either way... Really good result or a flop... Like I say: A risk is always worth it in Eurovision

Iker

Veteran
He is cocky, and that could be part of the reason why his entry is so hated.

Iker

Veteran
Honestly, the song is an :8: for me. It has an authentic retro feel, as opposed to a "wanna be retro" feel, and I love that. But the vocals are extremely boring!! It's also worrying that he seems to be getting a lot of help from the production team on this track. Such a shame. In the end I give it :6: in the poll.
Yeah ... compared to James Newton from the UK his vocals are very empty and lacking genuine quality.

Mainshow

Veteran
What is actually this letter "Ł" in Polish language?
It used to be a phonetic representation of the "dark l" sound which you can find in the English language as well (for example in words such as circle) . However, the sound of the dark l has basically completely been expunged in the Polish langauge (at least, I have never heard my (great-) grandparents produce that sound...however, over time, the sound has vanished but the phonetic representation (ł) continued to exist.

I actually think that replacing ł simply with l in Germanic languages is misleading because the produced sounds are very different. Actually, you have to pronounce it more like an English [w] like in warm or water.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I've just read somewhere else that the song is extremely similar to September - Party In My Head. And it indeed it is, I get genuine plagiarism impression from 'The Ride' actually. Wow! The melody in the beginning is so eerily similar as is the production, but September's voice is much better.

Last edited:

Martyman

Jeez - I've just heard the Clara Rubensson version. It's amazing the difference a proper singer makes to this. It is far better with Clara's vocal.

Clara Rubinsson - The Ride (Link)

bazinga

Somewhere on this forum, possibly in Samanta's topic - I've stumbled upon the term "ear cancer". I think it suits his vocals perfectly.

Also, now we know why Clue#2 was that he was INTERNALLY SELECTED. Quite literally I'd say. He's working in the very same building where the committee picked a song for ESC.
Lmao thanks for quoting me

Top Bottom