Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowfuxcs

I find this to be the funniest entry of the year. Unfortunately no one is this music video seems conscious about that. I sorely miss that little wink of eye from Vasil that will let me know he's in on the joke. What I am getting now is a gay tycoon who lost his mind going round in circles in his mansion during the lockdown so he just hired an orchestra and keeps them captive to help him flex his vocal cords. If he pulls some of those faces on the main stage he will achieve some Koit Toome - level of memeness.

As much as I did not get his entry last year, that was undeniably a song. This is just vocal flexing over an amalgamation of the most common lyrics and string arrangements from previous musical theater inspired - esc entries. I am not rating this as of yet because I am having a mix of feelings - it could easily end up at the bottom or close to the top of my ranking.

I was - and still - hoping that N. Macedonia would have a glow up a la Bulgaria after the 2019 result (but with more emphasis on local talent). I am just craving to see several Balkan countries being top contenders again. Hopefully next year.

MalagaToledo

Banned
LOVE this song so much. What an epic masterpiece. Way better than last year. What a beautiful, powerful vocal, what a beautiful orchestra and instrumentation. Omg, i got goosebumps. Ohh, and i loved matt's reaction. So sincere, emotional.

This is a dark horse and i love underdogs. This might be second macedonian victory in a row with the jurry. Very impressed.

It's not a type of sleepy lullaby ballad like suisse or bulgaria. This is epic, this gives goosebumps.:love::12:xheatx12pointsxyaaayxhixmusicxbowxbow

Ezio

Veteran
Delusion! Convince yourself, queen!

VikingTiger

On the positive side: Vasil's vocal abilites.
On the negative side: Pretty much everything else about this song.
People claiming this is Disneyesque are not doing Disney justice. This song would NEVER be accepted in Frozen, Pocahontas, the Little Mermaid or any other of my beloved Disney movies.
Sorry Vasil, last year your song was on my top 3 - this year it has the potential of ending in my bottom 3.

Ali_

On the positive side: Vasil's vocal abilites.
On the negative side: Pretty much everything else about this song.
People claiming this is Disneyesque are not doing Disney justice. This song would NEVER be accepted in Frozen, Pocahontas, the Little Mermaid or any other of my beloved Disney movies.
Sorry Vasil, last year your song was on my top 3 - this year it has the potential of ending in my bottom 3.
He absolutely has a great voice but I feel like this song tries to force the listener to recognise that: look at me look at what I can do. Strategic choice for juries perhaps.
I don't get the Disney comparison - doesn't hold a candle to Disney songs. All I get is cheesy musical theatre.

Iker

Veteran
LOVE this song so much. What an epic masterpiece. Way better than last year. What a beautiful, powerful vocal, what a beautiful orchestra and instrumentation. Omg, i got goosebumps. Ohh, and i loved matt's reaction. So sincere, emotional.

This is a dark horse and i love underdogs. This might be second macedonian victory in a row with the jurry. Very impressed.

It's not a type of sleepy lullaby ballad like suisse or bulgaria. This is epic, this gives goosebumps.:love::12:xheatx12pointsxyaaayxhixmusicxbowxbow
Bless your bad taste.

I bims

Veteran

MalagaToledo

Banned
They had the simple task of sending a better song than last year and somehow they failed.
Agreed to disagree.. this is ballad that gives you goosebumps, like molitva that engages you and makes you appreciate orchestra, his vocals and instrumentation.

It's not a type of ballad like bulgaria, sleepy, slow, boring, never ending lullaby.

I bims

Veteran
Agreed to disagree.. this is ballad that gives you goosebumps, like molitva that engages you and makes you appreciate orchestra, his vocals and instrumentation.
This is nowhere near Molitva imo. The raw emotion and passion Marija brought to her performance was very powerful. Vasil is just standing there, hitting the notes. But I don't feel any emotions in his performance. No passion. Very bland and replaceable.

"Amen" by Slovenia is more like Molitva and I think Ana will overshadow Vasil's lacking presence.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Ok, when i read posts like poli Genova would say Na Inat and when i see profile Pic, i have no choice but to add one more username to ignore list.

Ontopic, PS here i stand might even be mkd best esc result of all times.

Top Bottom