Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

MAD20

Boring song, I don't think this have many chances to qualify or to stand out in semi 1. :1: point.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
tumblr_ofpl2uHmB51tb8iyko1_500.gif

This entry... 'You' was great and in my top 10, this is just a massive downgrade all round. In every single direction... This feels like something from The Greatest Showman or whatever. I hate musicals and their songs are nearly always dated and cheesey sounding. Really not here for this at all i'm afraid. What a let down. 1 point

tuorem

rtyTuOA.gif

Oh my, the intro of the MV already lost me... :LOL: If the intent of that effort was to showcase his own voice, then goal achieved, I guess.

Musically, it's a pile of nothingness though. Way too cheesy and Disney for my taste. It's always great to have an orchestra, but it must be used to the benefit of a melody, and I fail to hear one. Sadly, I think the composition is rather uneventful despite the grandiloquence of the whole shebang with the metallic-sounding choir and the drums.

That last note coming out of nowhere scared the hell out of me by the way.

It's kind of a less "catchy" take on "My Heart Is Yours". I have no interest in listening to it again. Not my cup of tea at all.

I felt indifferent towards "You" last year, but looking at the bigger picture, this is a dramatic downgrade. A shame really, I believed he had the potential for more interesting stuff than this.

:1: point for participating.

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
What in the Malta xheat

I honestly don't even know what to say. The best so-bad-it's-good-but-actually-I-secretly-UNironically-enjoy-it entry since "My Friend." Like MF, this is an adorable and hilarious catastrophe. 8 points.

Gitte

My favourite music genres are popera and disney musical songs. Enough said. It isn't *the best* in that category though, so a big 8 (8.2)

Zonne147

What in the Malta xheat

I honestly don't even know what to say. The best so-bad-it's-good-but-actually-I-secretly-UNironically-enjoy-it entry since "My Friend." Like MF, this is an adorable and hilarious catastrophe. 8 points.

This!! I guess this is one of my guilty pleasures of the year xblush I just can't ignore how much I appreciate the melody and the arrangement in some parts.

Mainshow

Veteran
Ok, I had to upgrade this. :1: for the beautiful orchestra sounds and the two different settings in Skopje.

Looren

Veteran
Amazing voice, beautiful song, his singing with his soul

Might be my ESC 2021 winner and my 2nd favorite of this ESC season behind "Fingerprints"

:12: points to this masterpiece

Iker

Veteran
This is something worse than I expected sadly ... I heavily dislike it. It is like something straight from a Disney movie soundtrack circa 1995 and that being a filler type of song there. I also get some stage musical vibes, so this is not my cup of tea at all as a standalone piece of music.

I did like his last year's entry but it was more like a guilty pleasure of mine than something that I would find high-quality.

I give a generous '3' for his undeniably great vocals without autotune.

Last edited:

kamc

I can’t tell if he is taking the pee out of himself or if he is just really that smug in the music video?!
Regardless, the song is a steaming pile of poo and the most obvious NQ of the season. It reminds me of that Icelandic ballad from a few years ago, Our Choice.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
What in the Malta xheat

This entry just screams Lavieenrose's song choice for the Eurovision karaoke competition night.

Top Bottom