Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Ugh, this is below average. Vasil has a good voice but the song is just so flat.
The gospel choir also is a let off, doesn't sound authentical. The song overall seems a bit... fake ?

Imma put it :4:.
Which pisses me off a lot be cause he had Sudbina on the other side, which was an awesome track.
It if was the entry it would have been in my top for good.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
How did they go from a masterpiece like "Dance Alone" to this lousy crap? Colour me shock!
Not even a dance remix to lure the yaskweens' votes will save it.

rasmuslights

Veteran
How did they go from a masterpiece like "Dance Alone" to this lousy crap? Colour me shock!
Not even a dance remix to lure the yaskweens' votes will save it.

well it was Borislav that did Dance Alone hahah. Vasil unfortunately has zero star potential and can only have a decent career in Macedonia..

tararaaam

This song feels just...unnecessary. Its not even that its THAT bad, it just feels like there is no point for it to exist, it doesn't go anywhere. North Macedonia being North Macedonia all over again...I guess its a 3

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
I was really skeptical about Australia's chances of continuing their 100%-qualifying strike, but Belarus and now North Macedonia will definitely be helpful for Montaigne. I even prefer Slovenia... and, worse, I even prefer "You" to this cheap Disney-style not-so-gospel thing.

Loindici

Veteran
Okay, I've listened to the song. It reeks of cheese, but it is in no way bad in terms of arrangement. I'll be cautious of it possibly (actually) qualifying because of the juries and the older people and also the little children.

opinionsigotem

Okay, I've listened to the song. It reeks of cheese, but it is in no way bad in terms of arrangement. I'll be cautious of it possibly (actually) qualifying because of the juries and the older people and also the little children.

Kobi Marimi got 0 jury points and this is in the same wheelhouse so let's hope for consistency.

Loindici

Veteran

I bims

Veteran
The longest three minutes of my life. That was really hard to get through. It's very musical, very Disney and I usually like that but not this. These songs need to tell us a story but all we get are loooooooooooooooong notes which feels like it draaaaags ooooon aaaaaand oooooon.

I'm waiting for the day a country can make a more musical/disneyesque song work at eurovision. I think that's very much possible those songs are appealing to the masses. But I get it's hard to make it work within three minutes and the lacking context of an overarching storyline.

This will only qualify if the jury drags them through and I really hope they won't... It's a :1: for me.

Mainshow

Veteran
The longest three minutes of my life. That was really hard to get through. It's very musical, very Disney and I usually like that but not this. These songs need to tell us a story but all we get are loooooooooooooooong notes which feels like it draaaaags ooooon aaaaaand oooooon.

I'm waiting for the day a country can make a more musical/disneyesque song work at eurovision. I think that's very much possible those songs are appealing to the masses. But I get it's hard to make it work within three minutes and the lacking context of an overarching storyline.

This will only qualify if the jury drags them through and I really hope they won't... It's a :1: for me.

I honestly think Ukraine 2013 and Spain 2014 were borderline "Disney-musical-kitsch" but well-executed.

This one is a pile of sh*t - I think that :1: of yours is very generous.

I feel sympathy for Vasil, he has some great ethno-bops under his belt and his entry from last year was a low-key bop but this is just torture. WTF were they thinking. - Just adding long notes doesn't make you compose an entire track.

Top Bottom