Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
I think they just need to bring what they have in the video to the stage and it should be fine.
I actually like the video and the colour scheme of it. I would imagine there will be fireworks involved.
For what it is and by UK ESC standards, at least it's not a trainwreck, so I am pleased with the final package.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I think they just need to bring what they have in the video to the stage and it should be fine.
I actually like the video and the colour scheme of it. I would imagine there will be fireworks involved.
For what it is and by UK ESC standards, at least it's not a trainwreck, so I am pleased with the final package.

Actually given the music video is fireworks central at the end, it's probably a fairly decent chance it will also be like that in the staging. Apparently last year they had some big elaborate staging planned with Ice etc, I'll look for the sample graphics later. They definitely should translate the music video to staging in regards of it looking fun, exciting and uplifting - but not too much as to make it look like a parody.

Chrisiam

I really like it, probably my favourite UK track in a long time. I've not heard any of the other tracks this year to compare it to but on its own merits its a fun track that, as was stated a few posts back, you can tell Newman has put a lot of effort into. I feel that what will make or break it in the Finals is the staging but we'll soon see about that.

Its a really pleasant song to listen to. One that I feel has a great spirit and energy to it. Its not quite as epic as maybe I was hoping for. But I am certain it will do respectably well on the night. It won't win. Absolute best case would be landing just shy of the top ten. I really cannot see this at the bottom of the table. Hell, I might be daring and say that if it is going to be in any 5 this year its more likely to be in the top 5 than the bottom 5.

FilipFromSweden

Finally the UK sends something that represents their pop/dance music scene and showcases their strengths as a music country, it's a feel-good party banger :10:

Zonne147

xheat

Thank you :uk: - this very much the kind of stuff I usually listen to.

Going straight to my 3rd place, :10: points

Don't know (and don't care) if it will work live or not but I love this, welcome to my playlist!!!!

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Actually given the music video is fireworks central at the end, it's probably a fairly decent chance it will also be like that in the staging. Apparently last year they had some big elaborate staging planned with Ice etc, I'll look for the sample graphics later. They definitely should translate the music video to staging in regards of it looking fun, exciting and uplifting - but not too much as to make it look like a parody.

I mean with the song being named "Embers" and a feel-good uptempo, it will be a missed opportunity not to involve fireworks.
My gut feeling tells me the staging may elevate the song further.

cripesdude

Offfft mixed for me!

Not bad, but not in serious contention for the win.

Like:
- credible upbeat pop
- contemporary
- feels genuine to the artist

Dislike:
- trumpets sound a bit cheap/cheesy
- I can’t sing it back to you
- needed a second listen

It will trouble my personal top ten, but in competition as usual the UK is just hoping for ‘left hand side’...

I think... it’s just... can we have something *sincere* for once?

Still... happy for this to grow on me!

Onwards and upwards UK!

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
It's an uptempo feel-good song they said... and yeah they didn't lie.

For sure the best UK entry in years, but idk there is something missing in this, can't see what.
But surely it will appeal to some, this is classic radio-friendly catchy tune.
For some reason i think James will deliver it live, don't see a bottom 5 for this tune, that's already a good thing for UK !

Overall, i'll give it :7: by now.

Last edited:

Kaz

Honestly it’s good and a well produced track, but here’s exactly what’s gonna happen like every single year:
1. Good but unmemorable UK entry is released
2. UK fans on social media become disillusioned, “it’s better than last year and finally the UK will finish in the top”
3. The song is outshone in the grand final by being generally unremarkable and lacks either a strong jury, or televote, or both.
4. UK fans on social media: “everyone hates us, our song was the best but it’s all because of Brexit, Eurovision is trash and i don’t know why we still compete, we wouldn’t win even if we sent [insert celeb]”

This exact chain of events has occurred every single year since 2013. Like jfc get over it and just send something stunning.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Honestly it’s good and a well produced track, but here’s exactly what’s gonna happen like every single year:
1. Good but unmemorable UK entry is released
2. UK fans on social media become disillusioned, “it’s better than last year and finally the UK will finish in the top”
3. The song is outshone in the grand final by being generally unremarkable and lacks either a strong jury, or televote, or both.
4. UK fans on social media: “everyone hates us, our song was the best but it’s all because of Brexit, Eurovision is trash and i don’t know why we still compete, we wouldn’t win even if we sent [insert celeb]”

This exact chain of events has occurred every single year since 2013. Like jfc get over it and just send something stunning.

I mean that would make sense if it was actually true. ;;

The only entry i can seriously think that applies to is Molly. Outside of the OGAE bubble the rest have by and large had a rather lukewarm reaction. Closest to that then being Lucy who did actually get a jury top 10.

crashworld

Veteran
Anyway, the song is now out on Spotify.

Adding it to my own ESC playlist (surprising I have already put it inside my top 10).

VikingTiger

Yet another artist that has actually taken advantage of the fact that they have had a looong time to prepare their entry. This is certainly a big step up from last year's effort from James. And in general a huge step up for UK.
It's not quite my style, but even so I liked it on the first listening. Or am I influenced by the fact that I had absolutely no expectations to this? Anyway - good job.

Kaz

I mean that would make sense if it was actually true. ;;

The only entry i can seriously think that applies to is Molly. Outside of the OGAE bubble the rest have by and large had a rather lukewarm reaction. Closest to that then being Lucy who did actually get a jury top 10.
I'm referring to how these entries were received on social media by Eurovision viewers, not so much the Eurovision fandom specifically. We know the UK always sends mediocrity, and you do you boo. But every single year without fail, there are Brits on the Twitterscapes having a rant about how Europe doesn't appreciate their music. And it even goes further back than I initially thought - with the exception of Engelbert, I would actually say that this has been the typical response ever since Blue failed to crack the top 10. I think that was the nail in the coffin that really sold the UK population into believing that they would never find success in Eurovision as a result of them simply being the UK...despite placing 5th two years prior to this, and sending mediocrity every year subsequently afterwards.

Top Bottom