Let's dance
Oh-oh
A rockin' romance
This ain't our last dance
Let's dance​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
At the beginning of the video, I almost thought she is going to morph into her Sup3rg!rL form to save the world.
But in the end, they did show her evolution as a teenage girl to a young adult woman.

The song wise, it's actually not as instant as her 2020 entry. Definitely a more mature attempt. And it does showcase her vocals quite nicely, so hopefully she can pull them off 'live'.
It does build up quite nicely but the ending of the song where it just ends abruptly is a little underwhelming.
I am giving this a :6: as I think it will grow on me.

On a side note, the Greek god in the video is xheat.
LRtHSBB.jpg

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
Ok. That snippet really raised expectations further than it should have done. I don't think it's better than Super Girl after all tbh. Going by signature it's obvious I was a fan of that. It had some really great ethno elements to the song for 1. They both have mediocre music videos but that is irelevent considering we wont be watching them in May... Greece are in danger imo given the calibre of the pop hits in the first half of semi 2. I'll give it an :8: as it's still 1 of the better songs this year for sure and I still enjoy it.
I also prefered 2020, even I can say BY FAR..it was totally smth new, that structure was original, this is really mediocre.. :(

FilipFromSweden

I really really like it, maybe even love it. It's 80's pop revamped. I hope they can capture the feeling of the video in the performance :10:

Ali_

Hmm, underwhelmed. I feel the verses and chorus don't go together. Just ok.

AliceEsc

Supegirl was more high-impact for me :(
Still an enjoyable listen. I wonder how they're gonna stage it.

innou

My long-awaited country...

I'm going to focus on the good: amazing verses, they bring on the DRAMA. Her voice sounds amazing on low register, she needs to utilise it more in her songs, cause oof! The song is very up to par with 2020-2021 trends, although there are minor things in the production that kind of throw me off. I can see they definitely took on the criticism regarding the immature mess that was Superg!!!!!rl. It's not the masterpiece of the century, and I'd take Better Love a million times more. But I do understand that one can do wonders with it on stage because it's very open to various forms of staging.

On the negative part: That chorus, a bit weak. Not fond of the lazy lyricism. The music video was fine up until that point she jumped off that building. Then all hell broke loose.

I'm not rating this as I don't want to (possibly) overestimate it.

VikingTiger

FInally a couple of good entries for me today! Both for Switzerland and Greece this is a step up for me compared to last year. Supergirl was fresh, and very suitable for a young singer like Stefania. the song and the video felt like something between JESCish and ESCish. Stefania is a year older, and I think this song caters to a slightly more mature taste - and I love those 80's vibes the arrangement especially in the chorus is giving me (yes I did live the 80s).

Stashio833

Wow. Stefania really brought it this year! Supergirl was a top five song for me and so now is Last Dance. Easy qualifier. I'm excited to see the staging and translation to live! :12: points to Greece!

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Eh, not impressed tbh. Chorus leaves me cold at best, tends to annoy me at worst. With his childishness, Supergirl had some charisma. This one just seems totally unoriginal ?

wtf

The amount of 80s influenced songs this year is crazy (in NFs too). Can't think of any other trends that have become so popular in Eurovision. There was some dubstep influence in 2013-14 but not to this extent?
I can already see everyone looking back 3 years from now and be like "wow that's so 2021". :LOL:

0scar

If it qualifies for the final, I'm pretty sure the 12 televoting points from the Netherlands will go to Greece.

aef

Okay so this is really interesting, the song is leaving me with such mixed emotions! Supergirl was in my top 3 last year and it was probably the biggest grower for me. What I liked about Supergirl was the beat, the development of the song, the ethnic yet absolutely modern vibes combined with Stefania's innocence and beauty - and of course the iconic music video!

Last Dance starts very promising and I expected it to fulfill my exceptions. But in the end especially the chorus left my quite disappointed! The song is also missing more ups and downs and the classic greek ethnic elements somehow. For me this might be the biggest fader among all Eurovision returnees. After all it still feels like a very solid entry, let's see and wait for the live vocals and the staging! For now :7: points - not perfect not bad at all - like so many songs this year.

Top Bottom