Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonter

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GIVE 12 TO THIS ALREADY :'(

Gjon's Tears xheart

Mainshow

Veteran
I prefer his 2020 entry. This one is still vocally impressive and it seems to be more radio-friendly due to the more energetic arrangement in the chorus but I wasn't touched at all. I seriously feel nothing. It's a well-crafted song though.
I'd probably give it :7: or :8: for now.

Top 5 Material, for sure.

FilipFromSweden

Better than 2020! It's a great entry, the problem is that his voice is more interesting than the song :8:

Loindici

Veteran
There's something missing in it.

The choruses have a great arrangement, they bang with a gradual buildup of energy. They are also pretty well-written and tidy from what I've heard, and I am obsessed with that use of CMaj7 (i just love CMa7 in general)! Ironically, the whole song is arranged as if they're made for a National Geographic show like COSMOS, very academic in flavor. The nerds will love this.

However, and a BIG however, I feel this is harder to emotionally engage to than Repondez-moi. The first verse is the weakest part of the song, when it should've been the strongest part to captivate audiences. I literally yawned at the first verse, unfortunately. I cannot lie that it caused me fatigue.

Compared to Repondez-moi, it's also harder to sing. I feel Gjon needs to be aware that he's singing in falsetto that needs a substantial amount of energy for it to work. Duncan might have pulled that in 2019, but Arcade's high note is literally AAAAAH WOOOO while Gjon's are packed with lyrics -- automatically making it more complicated. If he didn't pull it well it might turn off some viewers from voting him.

For the staging, I feel there's a chance whoever is designing it will slap a generic space-and-stars background as an option. However, this is not something you can throw random spotlights at: there should be precise calculations on what shots to use and what kind of visual effects should highlight parts of the songs. They might possibly pick Dietmann again, which might be a hit or miss especially since he also worked on several other stagings this year. EDIT: I've been told by Rasmus that it's SJB, might be more succesful as long as she will work on Switzerland only.

Oh, also Arcade 2.0? Most likely.

I'll give it a :7: mostly because that first verse is a total drag, and I don't think it's a song easy to translate at the stage.

Last edited:

Realest

Well done Neighbours, this is the Direction ESC should step forwards to. 12 Points.

rasmuslights

Veteran
There's something missing in it.

The choruses have a great arrangement, they bang with with a gradual buildup of energy. They are also pretty well-written and tidy from what I heard, and I am obsessed with that use of CMaj7 (i just love CMa7 in general)! Ironically, the whole song is arranged as if they're made for a National Geographic show like COSMOS, very academic in flavor. The nerds would love this.

I feel this is harder to emotionally engage than Repondez-moi, though: the first verse is the weakest part of the song, when it should've been the strongest part to captivate you. I literally yawned at the first verse, unfortunately, it made me tired. I cannot lie.

Compared to Repondez-moi, I feel Gjon needs to be aware that with a chorus that high he's singing in falsetto but with energy. Duncan might pulled that in 2019, but Arcade's high note is literally AAAAAH WOOOO while Gjon's are packed with lyrics. This is the risk element of the song and if he didn't pull it well it might turn off some viewers from voting him.

For the staging, I feel there's a chance whoever is designing it will slap a generic space-and-stars background as an option. I doubt it would work that easy, this is not something you can throw random spotlights at. I feel there should be precise calculations on what shots to use and what kind of visual effects should highlight parts of the songs. They might possibly pick Dietmann again, which might be a hit or miss especially since he also worked on several other stagings this year.

Oh, also Arcade 2.0? Most likely.

I'll give it a :7: mostly because that first verse is a total drag, and I don't think it's a song easy to translate at the stage.

they have Sacha Jean Baptiste tho - so no worries.

Mainshow

Veteran
I will give it a 7 for now, but am not that impressed tbh. Jury will love it, but will the televoters go crazy with this song?
I settled for :7: as well. I gave Ukraine and Finland 8 pts and I enjoy them a little bit more.

Dunno, it depends on his vocal performance. So much falsetto can put off most televoters, especially if he's not about to hit all of these notes.

Loindici

Veteran
they have Sacha Jean Baptiste tho - so no worries.

now that you mentioned SJB, she either will do wonders or drag the thing down to the grave with her. As long as she's only working on Switzerland this year, Gjon might succeed.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I've never understood hype over him Last Year. This song is so so so boring, it seemed like it was 10 hours long and it will never finish. His falsetto and whistle vocal gave me headache.
I didn't like him last year, i don't like him nor his song this year.

0 point. And i think he will struggle to qualify. It's just boring, not a winner vibe material and cheap Copy of last year. This is toilet break for me. :sleep::0:xexcusemexwall

Sorry not sorry..

Top Bottom