Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Synergise

To be honest, I'd be pretty happy with any of Eric / Dotter / The Mamas winning, as I like all three songs. Just not Tusse please. I get that he's got the story and is seemingly the one being pushed for the win, but the song just isn't very good, and it's not being lifted up by great staging / vocals.

I think it's pretty likely Tusse has this though - he's got a clear story that is very easy to buy into, and the other favourites don't. Without it though, I don't think we'd even be considering him as a potential winner :/

A-lister

Veteran
To be honest, I'd be pretty happy with any of Eric / Dotter / The Mamas winning, as I like all three songs. Just not Tusse please. I get that he's got the story and is seemingly the one being pushed for the win, but the song just isn't very good, and it's not being lifted up by great staging / vocals.

I think it's pretty likely Tusse has this though - he's got a clear story that is very easy to buy into, and the other favourites don't. Without it though, I don't think we'd even be considering him as a potential winner :/

Agree, and yeah it's sad that such a mediocre forgettable song (which frankly doesn't even have a somewhat good performance to go with it as the performance is equally bland other than an interesting outfit) is being talked about as a winner on the basis of a background story. Swedes will be stupid to let that cloud their judgements, this local hype won't work in Eurovision because it's truly local with no substance (like a good entry hello!?) to it so yeah, we might NQ for a second time.

Mrm

Veteran
Tusse, Tusse, Tusse, Tusse, Tusse, Tusse, OK, leave that poor guy alone, at least one hour.. xcry

Preuss

I so hope that Sweden doesn't select André Harris. It's bland and not anywhere near the standards we're used to seeing from Sweden. Sweden usually sends a good combination of both song and staging. André's got neither

FilipFromSweden

I mean I take such stats with a grain of salt but it proves my point that people aren't so much into Tusse's song but more driven by his story... which might be interesting if it was "Eurovision Biography Contest" but it's not :lol:

No no no, this happens almost every year, that the televote winner doesn't win the Spotify ranking. In 2017 Nano was the clear televote winner but he wasn't close to being #1, Wiktoria and Robin Bengtsson were in battle for that spot. If I remember correctly, Benjamin wasn't in the top fight either on Spotify in 2018.

I think it''s because older people don't use Spotify as much as younger people, I believe Tusse will be ranked #1 by the 4 oldest age groups, and maybe the classic telephone group.

aef

Voices has really grown on my, I wouldn't mind seeing this at Eurovision. But PLEASE give him a different outfit for Eurovision!! All in all this is the weakest MF in years for me though. Erick Sade back with his super annoying voice uff...

Looren

Veteran
I catched up to the songs of this MF and here is my ranking :

1. Nathalie Brydolf "Fingerprints" (20/10) My favorite song of this ESC season
2. Clara Klingenström "Behöver inter dig idag" (10/10)
3. Patrik Jean "Tears Run Dry" (10/10)
4. Frida Green "The Silence" (9/10)
5. Lovad "Allting Är Precis Likadant" (9/10)
6. Arvingarna "Tanker inte als ga hem" (8/10)
7. Lillasyster "Pretender" (8/10)
8. The Mamas "In The Middle" (8/10)
9. Anton Ewald "New Religion" (7/10)
10. Jessica Andersson "Horizon" (7/10)
11. Alvara Estrella "Baila Baila" (6/10)
12. Elisa "Den Du Är" (5/10)
13. Emil Assergârd "Om Allting Skiter Sig" (5/10)
14. Eric Saade "Every Minute" (4/10) way better that "Popular"
15. Tusse "Voices" (4/10)
16. Dotter "Little Tot" (4/10)
17. Paul Rey "The Missing Piece" (4/10)
18. Efraim Leo "Best Of Me (4/10)
19. Julia Alfrida "Rich" (4/10
20. Kadiatou "One Touch" (4/10)
21. Klara Hammarström "Beat Of Broken Hearts" (4/10)
22. Mustasch "Contagious" (3/10)
23. Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos "Rena Rama Ding Dong" (2/10)
24. Charlotte Perrelli "Still Young" (2/10)
25. Sannex "All Inclusive" (2/10)
26. WAHL feat Sami "90-talet" (2/10)
27. Tess "Good Life" (1/10)
28. Danny Saucedo "Dandi Dansa" (0/10) and 0/10 is still too much

Loindici

Veteran
I so hope that Sweden doesn't select André Harris. It's bland and not anywhere near the standards we're used to seeing from Sweden. Sweden usually sends a good combination of both song and staging. André's got neither

Ooh, I get the joke now.

e6b235140d25f55cfefdf85374b12a89.jpg
814da9ed-905b-4246-89a6-121604e45b8c.jpeg

A-lister

Veteran
No no no, this happens almost every year, that the televote winner doesn't win the Spotify ranking. In 2017 Nano was the clear televote winner but he wasn't close to being #1, Wiktoria and Robin Bengtsson were in battle for that spot. If I remember correctly, Benjamin wasn't in the top fight either on Spotify in 2018.

I think it''s because older people don't use Spotify as much as younger people, I believe Tusse will be ranked #1 by the 4 oldest age groups, and maybe the classic telephone group.

That's true, but the point I wanted to make was not necessarily that the most streamed track will ultimately win, more that it shows what song is actually more popular with the general public when they decide to simply listen to a song and not care about different background stories and hype that eventually (and unfortunately) will impact in the live vote. Last year we saw The Mamas winning, but Dotter, Anna and Anis Don Demina were the actually more popular if one combines streams + radio play + sales.

I am not sure older will vote for Tusse, my dear mother is old and she directly said that Eric Saade is the best :lol: But maybe her taste differs because she's not from Sweden.

i anixi

I personally know nothing of Tusse's backstory and care less. The song, though, was the only one to lift me up from lethargy all through the 4 semis. Granted, I enjoyed and admired both Danny's and Saade's stagings but the songs themselves left me cold.
Voices may not be particularly original or new, but it certainly's got life all over it and does wake up the audience. It's my absolute favorite and one of the best Swedish songs/acts since the 2017 Robin

Last edited:

i anixi

Swedish media already decided on Tusse and the sheep follow the sheep follow the Shepherd xshrug
Jeez, it's been a long time since i came here last and the first thing I see when I peep in is you complaining about the system in much the same words as before, years and years ago. All these theories ... don't you ever get tired?
Came here as I found Tusse´s song so uplifting and thrilling amongst a very tiresome and unexciting field as MF2021, never expecting it to be the favourite because of course I am never that lucky, and what do I find? The song is the favourite, but fans hate it and A-Lister is launched on a brand new cruzade against only he knows what. We all love the song here in my place and can you guess?, we haven't got the slightest clue what the Swedish media is on about, and never have. But maybe I'm just an enemy agent in disguise? :rolleyes:
Conspiracy theories are always so annoying...But you are a man of causes no doubt. Can't you find more worthy ones at least?

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
That's true, but the point I wanted to make was not necessarily that the most streamed track will ultimately win, more that it shows what song is actually more popular with the general public when they decide to simply listen to a song and not care about different background stories and hype that eventually (and unfortunately) will impact in the live vote. Last year we saw The Mamas winning, but Dotter, Anna and Anis Don Demina were the actually more popular if one combines streams + radio play + sales.

I am not sure older will vote for Tusse, my dear mother is old and she directly said that Eric Saade is the best :lol: But maybe her taste differs because she's not from Sweden.

uuh where is she from? :)

FilipFromSweden

Andra Chansen week is always the longest of the year

FilipFromSweden

There is only one song this year in AC that I care for (Behöver inte dig idag) but she has no chance in the finals anyway... So I don't even know if I will bother to watch.

Everyone I've spoken with is 50/50 whether it will be Clara or Eva and Ewa so I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet

JensJohan

There is only one song this year in AC that I care for (Behöver inte dig idag) but she has no chance in the finals anyway... So I don't even know if I will bother to watch.
To me that song is one of the few ones I cannot stop listening to and did so just when I read your message. I cannot agree more.

A-lister

Veteran
Jeez, it's been a long time since i came here last and the first thing I see when I peep in is you complaining about the system in much the same words as before, years and years ago. All these theories ... don't you ever get tired?
Came here as I found Tusse´s song so uplifting and thrilling amongst a very tiresome and unexciting field as MF2021, never expecting it to be the favourite because of course I am never that lucky, and what do I find? The song is the favourite, but fans hate it and A-Lister is launched on a brand new cruzade against only he knows what. We all love the song here in my place and can you guess?, we haven't got the slightest clue what the Swedish media is on about, and never have. But maybe I'm just an enemy agent in disguise? :rolleyes:
Conspiracy theories are always so annoying...But you are a man of causes no doubt. Can't you find more worthy ones at least?

Exactly, you haven't got the slightest clue, you're not from here after all ? xshrug

Anyways why you're coming for me? Did I insult you or something? xshrug I simply tried to give my explanation or analysis as to why Tusse is so hyped here to people who were puzzled about the hype. Now, coming from here I think I have an understanding of my country and the social, cultural and political context I live in.

Of course, if someone likes the song then good for them, did I say people aren't entitled to like it or something? Of course there are people who genuinely like it, but let's not pretend hype has no effect and how media can build hype. I dunno, maybe in Portugal you're all immune to that?, again I am no expert on your context, but I know my country pretty well though and think I can tell without it being labeled as "conspiracy theory" or a "crusade".

Last edited:
Top Bottom