Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

I bims

Veteran
While I‘m not a big fan of the song itself (especially music-wise) the staging is the best part of Norway this year. Just keep it like it is, it’s perfect.
Oh I completely agree. But you can't deny that it is really over the top so it's no surprise some people can't take it seriously. I find it the most entertaining part about the entry. The song in english does nothing for me.

Journalist

sorry but there is no way Tix will be 1st or 2nd with the jury ESPECIALLY if he keeps that cheap staging

Every single thing that I wrote/will write in any ESC thread is in my opinion and my personal thing. I will anounce when something is 'objective thing'. Don't worry about that. 👍

Elina UA

In the 2017, I couldn't believe that Portugal went through the final, and even won! I was really shocked and confused that song like that can win. Once again, he won and I congrats him but for me that song wasn't the best one. You can have your opinion, but respect others as well especially ESC juries and people who voted. This is also comparison how things can be weird for someone.
Any song can win ESC. Sobral was just lucky that his staging & song stood out in that year.
Norwegian people made something great when they decided to send him as their ESC-artist. THEY thought that the TIX is best and he deserved to be the winner. I will repeat, NORWAY decided to choose him and he wouldn't get so many votes in vain and won each region in Norway by televotes just except one.
People didn't vote because they were bored and say "Let's vote for TIX cause we don't have something better to do." That high amount of points showed to everyone how was TIXs performance good.
Exactly.xclap
And all this haters used to say "Ugh, he won just because he's popular. And he's popular because people pity him for his disorders and all the sh*t he's been through. He's bad artist", blah-blah-blah.
But hey! Look at Julia Samoylova. She's disabled singer. She had two songs before Eurovision and after she remains unknown in Russia. And we all know why.
TIX's songs, on the other hand, were bought Ava Max and Flo Rida.
Only because people may pity you for X, Y, Z reasons doesn't mean they will listen & buy your songs.xshrug

Frenchbaguette

I followed MGP very close this year, in fact it is the first year i follow it that close. I was amazed by the amount of good entries, however, you see, i think i have an aversion for Kitsch / over the top performances, it's just not my cup of tea.

When I heard the norwegian song for the first time, it was in norwegian, I didn't pay much attention to it, except that I was happy it being sung in Norwegian, but hell "what are those wings" was I thinking !

As it started to become obvious it would do super well in MGP, and as he changed it in english , I have lot all interest in the song. I have to say, when my spotify proposes it to me, i don't *skip* it, but I know for a fact it's on the bottom of my top.

And it breaks my heart because he's an amazing performer who's worked with some of my favourite artists (ava max) and he's got a very moving story.

But all in all, Norway, I think this year it will be a hecatomb for the nordics, and you will be part of it.

Nevertheless, good luck to you TIX !

2/10

Knowing norway could have has Raylee or Keiino.. ugh

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Tix isn't completely dead in that semifinal. The playing field for Semi 1 is quite open still.

Having said that, if Tix didn't have the fallen angel gimmick I would be more sceptical of his chances. He would struggle to stand out, and indifference is the true enemy of love, not hatred.

crashworld

Veteran
Having said that, if Tix didn't have the fallen angel gimmick I would be more sceptical of his chances. He would struggle to stand out, and indifference is the true enemy of love, not hatred.

With or without the wings, he's going to standout in his semi. He's the only male soloist in the second half of his semi IIRC. The wings and the extra staging ARE going to give him the extra push to be honest.

JollityFarm

Well I didn't know he has Tourette's syndrome, now I feel bad. I bumped my score up to seven points to compensate (and also because I listened to it again and it's growing on me, I might even bump it up higher depending on what comes out next - it is still basic Eurovision stuff with the classic key change and all, but sometimes I like a bit of cheese)

BernadetteCydonia

With or without the wings, he's going to standout in his semi. He's the only male soloist in the second half of his semi IIRC.
That's what I keep telling everyone, afterall, I haven't really seen a similar thing occur for quite a while in Eurovision, if ever.

Yeah sure Go_A and Hooverphonic has members but do they ever sing? KEiiNO would've partially stood out because of, well, being KEiiNO, and also having one singing guy in a duet with a singing lady, but TIX still felt like a standout actwise even more because of being a male soloist.

Iker

Veteran
Just knew that TIX have Tourette's Syndrome, and that kind of affects my feelings for the song.

Is it fair to let my sympathy for the performer kicks in and influence my judgement on the song?
Is this how the Norwegians feel when they vote for TIX?

If his backstory is made known to all ESC audience, I believe TIX will have a high chance of qualifying.
This is not the Eurovision Take Pity Contest though and it should never matter and fortunately never did (see Samoylova's case). Now I wonder whether his nickname TIX has something to do with ticks which are characteristic for Tourette syndrome, I suspect it is not coincidental.

Loindici

Veteran
TIX.

That's the post!

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Now I wonder whether his nickname TIX has something to do with ticks which are characteristic for Tourette syndrome, I suspect it is not coincidental.

He's confirmed in multiple interviews that he named himself TIX because his bullies would call him 'tics' and mock his Tourette's.

Jopi

With or without the wings, he's going to standout in his semi. He's the only male soloist in the second half of his semi IIRC. The wings and the extra staging ARE going to give him the extra push to be honest.
That is so true, all girls are around him. Ladies manxrofl

Top Bottom