I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm

I actually thought the middle finger girl and her mimic provided some hilarious moments on stage but I fear this could end up like Francesco Gabbani's gorilla and just look out of place.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I mean, MAYBE we (as mostly queer people, I assume - not trying to exclude anyone obvs) should be more focused on actually supporting a homosexual artist who receives shitloads of hate (inserted with homophobic slurs as seen a few pages earlier) for just ya know having the audacity to enter Eurovision with something ... let`s call it unconventional. The ESC fandom likes to wear it`s assumed inclusiveness like a badge of honor but in moments like these you really see that at the end of the day you basically get thrown under the bus if you don`t fit in.

Thing is: You don`t have to like everything and you are free to share your opinion (especially on here - it`s a forum after all) but honestly do some people think before they post something?

No I won't support someone just because he is a homosexual or just because he gets hate - is it wrong yes it is, does that make the song and him any less irritating? NO, so why should I support it. :) I can't with this song seriously, and I'm usually quite positive, but this song just throws me off and is one of the few songs ever that I cannot listen to whole, it sounds that awful to my ears unfortunately. And I hate this "be positive", "not everything is serious" blah blah blah. Like I know this is supposed to be fun, but for me it isn't even that, it's pure 3 minutes of cringe. Fun is something like Ewa and Eva are serving in Sweden, that is fun without being cringy (my opinion I know but still). And some ask why do I care so much.. I care because this will probably have damage on the reputation of the contest in Germany - especially if it does well because some people like a joke entry, that's why I care.

harey

Come on, nobody here said that people HAVE TO LOVE the song and / or the artist. Please don't act as if the point of the chat here or in the Norwegian topic isn't to stay respectful and stop sending multiples messages when you don't like a song. Of course everyone is here to express opinions but when you don't like a song is it really healthy to just stay on it during days?

mauve

Veteran
Some people obviously love to spread negative comments again and again. They sound like a cracked record or a repetitive song. :ROFLMAO: Well, if it makes them happy and want to waste time that way instead of supporting artists they love ... we can't change it, @harey. xshrug

rasmuslights

Veteran
yeah i get what you're trying to say @harey and @mauve.. but it's really not because of my hatred for the song that I continue to write negative comments, it's because I feel that this will have negative impact on Germany in the future and that bothers the shxt out of me. :)

Sammy

Veteran
yeah i get what you're trying to say @harey and @mauve.. but it's really not because of my hatred for the song that I continue to write negative comments, it's because I feel that this will have negative impact on Germany in the future and that bothers the shxt out of me. :)
Really? A song? Not corona, the economic crisis, the climate change? You‘re worried for Germany because of a song?!? I must have misunderstood you!
Or do you mean the reputation of Germany in ESC? And you think this song (that has not only a lot of critics but also a huge support) will harm Germany? Did Guildo Horn? Did Stefan Raab? Did the No Angels or Gracia? Did Miss Kisskissbangbang or whatever ist was? I think I can calm you down. This will not hurt Germany in any way and even if it did - what would your postings change about that? ;)

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Really? A song? Not corona, the economic crisis, the climate change? You‘re worried for Germany because of a song?!? I must have misunderstood you!

sorry I should've said negative impact on Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest, I thought it was obvious since we are after all on a eurovision forum ;)

GermanBango

No I won't support someone just because he is a homosexual or just because he gets hate - is it wrong yes it is, does that make the song and him any less irritating? NO, so why should I support it. :) I can't with this song seriously, and I'm usually quite positive, but this song just throws me off and is one of the few songs ever that I cannot listen to whole, it sounds that awful to my ears unfortunately. And I hate this "be positive", "not everything is serious" blah blah blah. Like I know this is supposed to be fun, but for me it isn't even that, it's pure 3 minutes of cringe. Fun is something like Ewa and Eva are serving in Sweden, that is fun without being cringy (my opinion I know but still). And some ask why do I care so much.. I care because this will probably have damage on the reputation of the contest in Germany - especially if it does well because some people like a joke entry, that's why I care.

Uhm ok hun. You really did not understand what I was trying to say. Song aside: The things a lot of Eurovision fans are saying about Jendrik (or anyone who they do not like) are utterly disgusting and it should bother everyone who truly loves this contest. Is this who we want to be? I`m not asking anyone to support him in the contest or all of a sudden love his song or whatnot - I am asking people to have his back and not just look away.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Uhm ok hun. You really did not understand what I was trying to say. Song aside: The things a lot of Eurovision fans are saying about Jendrik (or anyone who they do not like) are utterly disgusting and it should bother everyone who truly loves this contest. Is this who we want to be? I`m not asking anyone to support him in the contest or all of a sudden love his song or whatnot - I am asking people to have his back and not just look away.

agree no one should attack him personally, sorry that I misunderstood the comment :)

harey

I think that many people don't like the song because it's messy and not polished but... it is what I like on it. It has the genuine vibe of something made by a boy with his friends without lot of money, and of course it doesn't sound "clean" but that's why I like it. It just like watching a indie movie, or the videotapes from "Be kind, rewind" : there's something fresh about it amongst all these well produced entries and it gives me the feeling that Jendrik is a boy next door / kind of a friend just doing something he was dreaming about all by himself.

Iker

Veteran
I find this critizism of different sounds/styles in one song highly interesting. Let‘s compare a bit (and I‘m generalizing)

Armenia: Love wave: about 5 different songs in 3 min. sirenes, unidentifiable sounds, lyrics that are so mumbeled you can hardly understand it. Fandom: Slaaaaaay queeeen!

Northern Macedonia: Lost and found: again 3 completely differnt songs/rhythms in one song that don‘t fit together at all. Fandom: Slaaaaaaaay queeeeeen

Azerbaijan: Cleopatra: mix of oriental and egypt sounds, modern elements and buddhist(!!!!) mantra chanting. Fandom: Slaaaaaay queeeen

German guy combines elements like tapdance and brass (quite common combination in the past) with ukulele. Fandom: THIS.IS.ATROCIOUS!!!

I‘m not saying any of these artist was wrong to make these combinations. But the different reaction to these examples makes me wonder if combining „questionable sounds“ is really the cause for the negative feelings the song provokes with some (and I‘m sure these feelings are very authentic).
No, the reason behind my dislike and that of many others is that ... that this song is simply bad overall and extremely childish unlike every other entry mentioned by you in the same post.

Sammy

Veteran
No, the reason behind my dislike and that of many others is that ... that this song is simply bad overall and extremely childish unlike every other entry mentioned by you in the same post.
And the interesting thing is: why do you dislike this kind of childish song whereas you obviously like Laka a lot. I mean - don‘t tell me that wasn‘t also childish. I could also ask myself the same question though because with my taste it‘s exactly the other way round. I haven‘t a clear answer to that, but I find it more interesting than the endless: it‘s great - no it‘s rubbish - exchange (which by the way can get quite childish also. :lol: )

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
The camera work is really horrible :lol:

But I really love his performance, he also looks like a lovely person

I think the camera work was ok (stressing the energy and beat) but the lightshow was very irritating. The stroboscopic effects were keeping me from seeing everything properly.

mauve

Veteran
I think the camera work was ok (stressing the energy and beat) but the lightshow was very irritating. The stroboscopic effects were keeping me from seeing everything properly.
I think the camera should have been on the stage, but instead it was everywhere: on the stage, the audience, the cheerleaders and on Florian Silbereisen. My head was spinning. xstarsI rather would have loved to see Jendrik's moves cause I like them! xheat

Iker

Veteran
And the interesting thing is: why do you dislike this kind of childish song whereas you obviously like Laka a lot. I mean - don‘t tell me that wasn‘t also childish. I could also ask myself the same question though because with my taste it‘s exactly the other way round. I haven‘t a clear answer to that, but I find it more interesting than the endless: it‘s great - no it‘s rubbish - exchange (which by the way can get quite childish also. :lol: )
Laka (that Bosnian entry) was miles better than this earbleeder. Have I ever told you that I like it a lot? No, I have only liked one reply regarding it which is not the same. But yeah it was somewhat childish I concur but those other songs were not. This is borderline a joke entry and I detested all of those (safe for Verka Serduchka maybe).

Top Bottom