Contact us

Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uto

Veteran
Well, you were consistent enough to kick our asses twice during the last two years :ROFLMAO:
Fair enough, but die Mannschaft isn't in the best shape at the moment and we really struggled during those games even though the results were good.

Realest

Oh no, :mk: was my least Favourite.
Well... Congrats I guess.

JamieBrown

Congrats :mk: xclap

Crossing my fingers for Iceland and Scotland tonight, hope it works, even if I'm not following the matches

Realest

:is: is officially back to Irrelevance.

ShoeFlo

They will qualify for the next Euros. Hamren was far too reliant on a small group of players and will proably leave the coaching role.

I think Hamren was a coward in a way that he didn't have the courage to renew the team and to remove some of the "heroes" of the 2016 squad who are appearently past their peaks. Probably the appreciation for the golden Generation has been too big, but a coach sometimes has to make brave decisions. Iceland doesnt have plenty of promising talents but there are at least 3 or 4 that would have deserved to play a bigger role in the national team in the last 2 years and I hope they will do in the future.
I am not worried about the future of Iceland, there are new good talents to step up in a few years

Schlagerman1

I think Hamren was a coward in a way that he didn't have the courage to renew the team and to remove some of the "heroes" of the 2016 squad who are appearently past their peaks. Probably the appreciation for the golden Generation has been too big, but a coach sometimes has to make brave decisions. Iceland doesnt have plenty of promising talents but there are at least 3 or 4 that would have deserved to play a bigger role in the national team in the last 2 years and I hope they will do in the future.
I am not worried about the future of Iceland, there are new good talents to step up in a few years

It is very typical of Hamrén... I mean, he almost destroyed Sweden when he coached them, making the team around Zlatan Ibrahimovic, something that the team wasn't used to, which is why we only reached Euro 2016 and failed miserably when we competed there. So yeah, he is among the worst coaches in Northern Europe if you ask me and Iceland should kick him out before he makes even more harm to them.

Schlagerman1

I have made once again how Euro 202One will look like if the most recent results between the teams where counted, using this site. If the most recent match in the playoffs ended in a tie, I go with the winner of the 2nd most recent match. Here is what the tournament would end.

GROUP A:

GROUP B:

GROUP C:

GROUP D:

GROUP E:

GROUP F:

Round of 16:

Quaterfinals:

Semi finals:

Final:

Realest

That would be a Dreamfinal.

ShoeFlo

It is very typical of Hamrén... I mean, he almost destroyed Sweden when he coached them, making the team around Zlatan Ibrahimovic, something that the team wasn't used to, which is why we only reached Euro 2016 and failed miserably when we competed there. So yeah, he is among the worst coaches in Northern Europe if you ask me and Iceland should kick him out before he makes even more harm to them.

They don't have to kick him out, in a press conference today Hamrén announced his resignation right after the two remaining Nations League matches against Denmark and England.
Good news for Iceland! Let's see who will become their new coach

Romeo

Clearly the current set up isn't viable curing covid so I think with only a few months to go they need to make a decision as to which country will host. Travelling to a million different countries throughout the pandemic isn't happening. Anyone heard anything other then the Russia rumour?

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clearly the current set up isn't viable curing covid so I think with only a few months to go they need to make a decision as to which country will host. Travelling to a million different countries throughout the pandemic isn't happening. Anyone heard anything other then the Russia rumour?
I've heard in the last couple days that it could be UK - Russia, France and Germany are the only other countries capable of hosting with no notice. France and Germany have ruled it out and Russia has its own logistical difficulties (plus the WADA drugs ban which would probably discourage UEFA)

JamieBrown

I've heard in the last couple days that it could be UK - Russia, France and Germany are the only other countries capable of hosting with no notice. France and Germany have ruled it out and Russia has its own logistical difficulties (plus the WADA drugs ban which would probably discourage UEFA)

I never seen political/anti-doping reasons discouraging FIFA or UEFA to do anything, but maybe the pressure's too high on this one...

Also, with the current situation I can't see a fast decision for the UK happening, but let's see when they will decide actually

ESCConor

I never seen political/anti-doping reasons discouraging FIFA or UEFA to do anything, but maybe the pressure's too high on this one...

Also, with the current situation I can't see a fast decision for the UK happening, but let's see when they will decide actually

I think its becoming more and more likely that UEFA will revert to a single host for the euros this summer, despite the fact that they wont say it publically yet.

Its becoming harder and harder to see how the Euros in the current format will go ahead given how behind the EU is in terms of vaccination rates.

If UEFA do opt for a single host, its looking certain that the UK is the only viable place to hold it in given the vaccination rates here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom