• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Put your middle fingers up
Take a shot, throw it up and don't stop
I'm, I'm, I'm living that life on the dark side

Every psycho in the scene
Hands up and follow me saying (hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo)
Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry, so I gotta get paralyzed
My body is my weapon, so I keep it loaded
'Til I'm all over the place like my head exploded
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Likе the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
I'm, I'm, I'm living that lifе on the dark side
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

I'm in a cave of man-made misery
Digging a grave for myself and my enemies
Of all the dark things that keep me wasted
You're the sweetest I've ever tasted

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry so I gotta get paralyzed
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me​

Last edited by a moderator:

cegs5

Play is a typical background song that doesn’t disturb me, but doesn’t catch my attention either... it’s just there and nothing really happen. I appreciate however there isn’t any odious key-change, so it might probably grow on me.

wtf

Play is Laura's best single in years but it has nothing to do at UMK, let alone Eurovision. I think she needs a break from national finals and come back stronger in the future.

I'm surprised at the amount of Supersonic hype though. I never realised it was a major fan favourite back in the day. Pretty sure it was called repetitive, cheesy and generic too.

mauve

Veteran
Let's see what Aksel will have to offer tonight. Unlike many others here I actually liked "Looking back". Of course, it was far away from being original, but I liked it nevertheless. It was catchy and he had a good voice.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
All the songs so far are a massive letdown and that video preview on Aksel doesn't spell anything different from the beige "Looking back". Laura is definitely not playing enough, but I like her stage presence.

outsynk

All the songs so far are a massive letdown and that video preview on Aksel doesn't spell anything different from the beige "Looking back". Laura is definitely not playing enough, but I like her stage presence.
I don’t find her very compelling to watch usually but thought this video was the one time she was really serving it.

heke1988

These likes and dislikes at Aksel Kankaanranta's Hurt lyric video makes me wonder, where is the world going?

aef

I'm surprised at the amount of Supersonic hype though. I never realised it was a major fan favourite back in the day. Pretty sure it was called repetitive, cheesy and generic too.

This was also her only song I really liked and hyped. Verona has always left my with mixed emotions and it was dead for me with the staging at Eurovision...

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I've put a dislike on Aksel's video as well. Because, if Laura is being universally disliked for I still don't know what kind of reason (well, I actually know it but it's useless to say it), then I don't see why Aksel should get a special treatment.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I can't wait to hear Aksel's song so I can decide between "meh, I don't care about anything else in this selection enough, go ahead & send this" and "oh my god not even in this NF, not even with him entitled to it, this absolutely must be stopped."

Morpheus

Some people have a lump of coal where their hearts should be.
I can't believe some of the things we say to our fellow human beings. All because of a stupid little song contest that doesn't even matter. It doesn't matter.

FRFanESC

People who put dislikes on a video that is not even released are just frustrated people, we're talking about a song contest that everyone should be enjoying, artists shouldn't be put in those ridiculous competitions between some fans who, for most of them, follow artists only during the contest.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Yeah, he went down the same road as before and I'm sadly not feeling it at all. I should like it but... he has such an inoffensive style, maybe if it was more indie-ish but like this, nah, I'm not here for the slowed down discount Avicii songs. I think he will win and should win, since having a NF in 2021 is really disrespectful.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Aksel's song I found very insipid. A smidge better than last year's effort but it goes in one ear and comes straight out the other. I actually feel like that might not be enough. It's cruel how they've put him through an NF like this. He should have just been sent internally.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Lmao the ugly side of the fan community well and truly. If he was super hot you'd be sure it wouldn't be anywhere near as negative. Sadly these sorts of people are around us and always will be, better to rise above their attitude and not feed them.

The song is better than his entry last year for sure, I don't mind it. It's not particularly exciting or life enhancing but it's alright I guess - filler music. Just like this NF as a whole. Finland wont be one to watch this year, that's known for sure.

Top Bottom