And hold me before the morning comes

Let's dance
Oh-oh
A rockin' romance
This ain't our last dance
Let's dance​

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnArg

ERT's committee that will select Stefania's song for Eurovision 2021!

rasmuslights

Veteran
anyway I like the title (it's much better than Superg!rl - not hard to achieve that but still). I like the fact that it is 80s inspired, don't have that much hope into the song-writing team, I rarely like their work, and if like it's always out of my top 10... we'll see

crashworld

Veteran
Habemus song. 'Last dance' is the title and from what eurovisionfun.com reports, it is gonna be an upetempo song in 80s style.
Hm...xthink

The 80s style if done right could see her become one of the fan favourites. I mean North Macedonia did with "Dance Alone".
Plus Dua Lipa's current album is filled with 80s influenced sounds and it is one of the best albums in 2020. This sounds promising.

EscGeek

Veteran
I can't wait xcheer

But I'm mentally prepared for the absolute flood of the songs in the last 10 days before the deadline. Even more so than usual because of all internal selections.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ugh. 80s sound. I really can't stand this 80s reborn era we're in at the moment, hopefully it's going to be good but this is really not encouraging at all.

Mainshow

Veteran
The 80s style if done right could see her become one of the fan favourites. I mean North Macedonia did with "Dance Alone".
Plus Dua Lipa's current album is filled with 80s influenced sounds and it is one of the best albums in 2020. This sounds promising.

We all know that this will neither sound like "Dance Alone" nor like anything like what Dua Lipa is releasing right now :D

rasmuslights

Veteran
We all know that this will neither sound like "Dance Alone" nor like anything like what Dua Lipa is releasing right now :D

yep.. if it was Borislav Milanov behind the songs - I'd be excited. But the "Dream Team" - they haven't send anything modern to Eurovision since forever, all of their entries rely on cheesy staging and artists themselves (who are usually great)

Mainshow

Veteran
, all of their entries rely on cheesy staging and artists themselves (who are usually great)

I mean, their songs even sounded dated back in the late 00's - I don't mind them creating some trashy bops (as long as it's more like Russia 2016) but in general, they lack authenticity, creativity and originality. I'm not even surprised they try to hop on the "80's Dua" train right now... I know that I repeat myself but I miss 00's Greece (which used to be one of my Top 5 countries in that decade... the last one, however, was more like bottom 5 material).

Loindici

Veteran

Well we can also blame the huge success of Blinding Lights on this one. 80s revival (most of the time) screams tacky choices.

Schlagerman1

Oh look, ESC again not making the trends but trying to copy them

Well we can't expect all countries to make new trends, it is hard enough for ESC-songs to get the reputation they deserve...
Really intrigued by Stefanias explanation of the song, being someone that like 80s sound. Still wonder if she is strong enough as a sole performer, but guess we'll get to know that eventually.

Mainshow

Veteran
Unlike other artists, Eurovision artists are in no position to come up with trends (in general) since the songs basically get released/produced almost half a year BEFORE the actual event.

I don't expect Eurovision to set trends but IF countries/artists want to rely on trend-chasing...please do it in a professional way. I'm not here to hear a half-baked idea to recycle Dua Lipa's sound whilst facing lazily-written rhymes like "fire", "desire" and a cheap and trashy beat produced by "the DreamNightmareTeam"

crashworld

Veteran
yep.. if it was Borislav Milanov behind the songs - I'd be excited. But the "Dream Team" - they haven't send anything modern to Eurovision since forever, all of their entries rely on cheesy staging and artists themselves (who are usually great)

Oh, now that you guys have reminded me that it's the "Dream Team" behind her entry, my hopes of an entry similar to "Dance Alone" or Dua Lipa's current sounds are dashed. LOL.

Nicholas123

Well we can't expect all countries to make new trends, it is hard enough for ESC-songs to get the reputation they deserve...
Really intrigued by Stefanias explanation of the song, being someone that like 80s sound. Still wonder if she is strong enough as a sole performer, but guess we'll get to know that eventually.

I think Stefania is just fine, i ended up liking her. She seems charismatic and with a cute voice. The weakest link here is obviously the songwriting team. :( Hopefully they've got sth stronger under theri belt for this year.

Top Bottom