Contact us

JESC 2020

EscGeek

Veteran
2020 is a crazy year: I declare this ballad as my winner: Maybe @Mrm will be glad to hear this :mrgreen:

:de: Germany!

:by:Belarus, :pl:Poland, :es:Spain, & :fr:France conclude my top 5.
Kazakhstan and Georgia are nice too.

Realest

My Ranking before the Show:

12 Poland
10 Spain
08 Kazakhstan
07 Ukraine
06 Belarus
05 Germany
04 Russia
03 Netherlands
02 Georgia
01 France
00 Serbia
00 Malta

I think Poland, Spain and Kazakhstan will again reach the Top3 while Netherlands and France will end up as 4th-5th Place and Malta as last Place.

FabiESC

My Ranking for this years JESC:

01 :rs:
02 :ua:
03 :de:
04 :nl:
05 :es:
06 :pl:
07 :ge:
08 :by:
09 :kz:
10 :fr:
11 :mt:
12 :ru:

NemesisNick

I've just seen, from the JESC Website, that the JESC 2020 performances are being pre-recorded.

Is there any reason why they can't have each artist singing live from a TV studio in their own country, via a satellite link to the TVP studio in Warsaw? During the ESC each May, the spokespersons appear live by satellite when announcing the jury results, so I'd have thought TVP could link by satellite for a live performance of each song in the planned order.

Kam2

Poland, Spain and Kazakhstan
After working on stage since 2010 Oleksandr will very likely replace one of them by land sliding the jury vote on his professionalism alone, also I think that Solea won’t have much support when spaniards realize that she isn’t Melani and sounds rather dull without auto tune applied(based on the two videos of her live performances that I found ), and judging by Karakats NF performance she has problems with holding pitch when singing live which will not be appreciated by the jury like Yerzhan was.

Looren

Veteran
Here is my final ranking before the live show :

:12: :pl: I think she is the best female singer of the contest, very good song too
:10: :by: I don't like the rap part but her voice is really amazing and the singing part is wonderful
:8: :ge: I love the song and the chorus in Georgian gave me goosebumps
:7: :kz: Really cute song and good singer
:6: :ua: The song is a little bit meh but the singer omg, he's by far the best singer of the contest
:5: :ru: Beautiful song, hater stfu
:4: :de: Beautiful ballad
:3: :rs: Cute song haha
:2: :mt: It can be really good, but honestly I find the singer meh, but totally it's not bad
:1: :nl: I don't like this type of song
:0: :fr: Mainstream shit
:0: :es: My ears are bleeding

Romeo

Right...

Spain was the song I loved. But I am now listening to France a lot more! I am feeling the power of Kazakhstan and the rap from Belarus captures my attention.

If the Polish fans don't come out in strength I think it will be Kazakhstan, Spain, France top 3 with Belarus not far behind. Malta and Germany will be fighting for last place

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Just finished watching the sneak and so far it seems to be a spain x kazakh when it comes to staging. poland seems too uninteresting so i don't know if polish fans will be enough to make her win again

Zonne147

:love:
1. :by: Belarus (This just did it for me since the very first listening. Can't wait to see this on stage, epic, epic, epic!!)
2. :ru: Russia (Russia being criminally underrated for once :cry: I'm not usually a fan of this stuff but I love the melody)
3: :es: Spain (A latin bop xheat We were needing this. So fresh, radio-friendly and contemporary)

:D
4. :pl: Poland (Good one, very much my thing. It didn't grab as much as "Superhero" though)
5. :ge: Georgia (Very beautiful and overlooked, the chorus is powerful and memorable. A grower)
6. :rs: Serbia (Probably too solid and won't leave much of an impact for most of you, but for me the song is very enjoyable)
7. :de: Germany (Probably too solid and won't leave much of an impact for most of you, but for me the song is very enjoyable)

:)
8. :kz: Kazakhstan (Lovely and touching verses/instrumental parts but I'm not a fan of the chorus)
9. :ua: Ukraine (Another grower, I slowly got into the song and into his superb voice. But I think it's pretty forgettable)
10. :nl: The Netherlands (This is just not my stuff. Catchy and memorable but don't like the harmonies)
11. :mt: Malta (I think there is quality here but I couldn't remember the chorus after a few listens)

:unsure:
12. :fr: France (I find the chorus pretty annoying and there is too much going on for me)

I really love my top 3 in the same way. I'm waiting for the live to see which one I like the most.
:es: :by: :ru: will definitely get my vote today, we'll see if the live will change anything.
I think it's very difficult to say who is going to win - but Poland, Spain, France and The Netherlands will definitely get lots of points from the online vote.

Last edited:
Top Bottom