Contact us

UEFA Champions League and Europa League

JamieBrown

I'm not hyped by the final this year, maybe I won't watch it. We'll see

Btw. the Pots for the Allocation Draw next Year:
If Sevilla wins the EL, Ajax can still be drawn into Pot 2, depending on the qualification performance of Benfica. just saying

ESC94

Bayern Munich has won!! xcheer

Even though I´m not the biggest fan of football I´m always cheering for them. They also have some handsome players, but that´s a completely different story. ;)

DutchSuomiFan

So guys, what do we think of the qualifying rounds games?

This week we've got :nl: AZ v :cz: Viktoria Plzen. AZ are probably the favourite here, but their form has been pretty bad during these pre-season friendlies. Hope they can make it to the group stage of the Champions League. It would be great to have a second Dutch team in the Champions League alongside Ajax.

Edit : i just found out that AZ will play against Benfica, should they advance to the next qualifying round. Good luck with that:ROFLMAO:.

njdevils94

Veteran

This week we've got :nl: AZ v :cz: Viktoria Plzen. AZ are probably the favourite here, but their form has been pretty bad during these pre-season friendlies. Hope they can make it to the group stage of the Champions League. It would be great to have a second Dutch team in the Champions League alongside Ajax.

Edit : i just found out that AZ will play against Benfica, should they advance to the next qualifying round. Good luck with that:ROFLMAO:.

Your burying the lead of the big Europa League Clash between :fi: Ilves and :ie: Shamrock Rovers :lol:

Anyway they haven't lost anybody yet so I think AZ can progress to the 3rd qual. round.

njdevils94

Veteran
Oh look I did a match report.

HT :rs: Red Star Belgrade 0 :al: KF Tirana 0

Is their a shock in store in Belgrade? :O

Despite having more of the ball Emmanuel Egbo's KF Tirana have had the better chances. Aleksandar Katai went on a mazy run towards the box and dragged his shot wide as Red Star Belgrade came out strong but as the half went on they found it increasingly difficult to generate opportunities. On the break for the visitors Ernest Muci had a half chance bending his effort to the far corner just wide.

:br: Elton Cale also with a long range effort forcing :ca: Milan Borjan into action to save. The best chance for the Tirana came off a free kick in dangerous territory when left back Erjon Hoxhallari looked to catch the keeper out and napping at his near post and nearly did. Borjan just about got back in time to tip the ball behind for a corner. At the other end Ilion Lika has looked secure enough in goal for the visitors without facing too many chances in the first 45.

ShoeFlo

and what a Drama that was … :eek: didnt watch it, but I've read AZ scored the Equalizer literally in the last Minute and then turned their tide in their favour in the exta time.

Nice to see Albert Gudmundsson being the match winner with two goals, especially after a long time of injury. Hope he takes the next step and becomes a starting player for AZ this season. Their attack looks very competitive though (Boadu, Stengs...)

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Celtic already out of the Champion's League. But thankfully, Aberdeen and Motherwell are through to the 2nd round of the Europa League.

Citelis

And as i predicted Olympiacos did it while PAOK lost and gone to Europa League. I guess that AEK has no chance against a Bundesliga team so that's it for now.

njdevils94

Veteran
@pjelacki @pjelacki @pjelacki @pjelacki @pjelacki

I told you Marsch could do it. :D Finally at the 12th time of asking Salzburg have managed to get to the UCL Group Stages through qualifiers. Last year they were in directly due to the Austrian Bundesliga having a high enough co-efficient.

:za Patson Daka with a double. He now has 9 goals in all competitions this year and an excellent :hu: Domink Szoboszlai penalty sending Salzburg into the group stages.

Realest

Any Wishes for the Draw? As always I hope for easy Groups:

Gladbach-Lazio-Donezk-Porto
Leipzig-Budapest-Ajax-St.Petersburg
Dortmund-Sevilla-Krasnodar-Midtjyland
Bayern-ManU-Olympiakos-Rennes

pjelacki

@pjelacki @pjelacki @pjelacki @pjelacki @pjelacki

I told you Marsch could do it. :D Finally at the 12th time of asking Salzburg have managed to get to the UCL Group Stages through qualifiers. Last year they were in directly due to the Austrian Bundesliga having a high enough co-efficient.

:za Patson Daka with a double. He now has 9 goals in all competitions this year and an excellent :hu: Domink Szoboszlai penalty sending Salzburg into the group stages.

haha I stand corrected

it was yet another extremely underwhelming performance in a champions playoff but this time round the result finally turned out good ^_^

Top Bottom