Veteran
5 new songs. xyaaay

My playlist liked this :cool:

Loindici

Veteran
COME THROUGH GO_A!!

AlekS

Veteran
Former Vidbir participants YUKO, Constantine, ex-member of Panivalkova, Serhiy Babkin, [O], KRUTЬ shot a music video in support of LGBTQ equality xhug

The song is produced by the former Vidbir juror (and ONUKA's husband, and "1944" sound producer) The Maneken:

Headlined by Alina Pash who was about to submit her Vidbir 2020 entry but changed her mind in the last moment.
I wish Go_A could be there as well. They certainly don't mind LGBTQ.

Last edited:

Kam2

Any Idea whats the planned National Selection will be called ?
or will stay as Vidbir or something....

Vidbir is just a general Ukrainian word which means selection.
Internal selection, for example, in Ukrainian is внутрішній відбір (vnutrishniy vidbir), which has already took place when GO_A were announced as our 2021 representatives.
Knowing all that I think it’s safe to assume that it will be called Vidbir pisni(selection of the song).
Although I think that all they should do is just to release the songs and a google form where everyone could vote for their favorite entry.

Mimmon

Veteran
Vidbir is just a general Ukrainian word which means selection.
Internal selection, for example, in Ukrainian is внутрішній відбір (vnutrishniy vidbir), which has already took place when GO_A were announced as our 2021 representatives.
Knowing all that I think it’s safe to assume that it will be called Vidbir pisni(selection of the song).
Although I think that all they should do is just to release the songs and a google form where everyone could vote for their favorite entry.
Thank you for Explanation :)

Laepo1

I'm excited for this! Solovey was one of my favorites this year and we'll get five brand new tracks.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Ukraine is one of my favourite esc nations but please bring aida to esc if you want another win.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
They are shooting some Solovey video today at the glass bridge in Kyiv.
They also published a little snippet from the studio of her singing 1 word of the new song, probably finding tonality. The vocals are on point.

ps. Congrats to Jamala for giving birth to a 2nd baby
hb6riT2.gif
xlove

AlekS

Veteran
PBC finally paid Euronews an old Yanukovych debt (10.5 mil. €).
"Thanks" to Swiss & Ukrainian bureaucracy it took almost 10 years.

tenor.gif

The EBU will unblock our 15 mil. € bail for ESC 2017 and give it back to the government by the end of the year. Hopefully some of these money will be compensated to PBC (tho I highly doubt that).

AlekS

Veteran
Go_A attended ESC songwriting camp in the beginning of July.
They worked with Polish producer who wrote "Friend of a Friend" and a dude who wrote 2 songs for Eurovision: You Decide in 2018
YVJYVRq.gif
I don't imagine them altogether at all :lol:
If I understood correctly they also worked with people who co-wrote the Swiss 2020 entry (if so, I'm happy for Katya - she was fangirling over Gjon and his song, not romantically).
They recorded a demo instrumental and some parts of the lyrics in English. This demo material will be re-worked by the band in Kyiv.

This 1 (bilingual, or most def in Ukrainian) song is in the preliminary list for Vidbir. They confirmed once again that there will be 5 songs. Go_A are recording the new album currently, so imho they will introduce more than 5 songs to PBC.

The streets are talking that they will collaborate with some Ukrainian composers as well. Not sure if Kvinta will be involved.

Last edited:

WhoKnows

I'd be most curious to hear a song with the people who worked on the Swiss entry. Looking forward to their album though.

AlekS

Veteran
I'd be most curious to hear a song with the people who worked on the Swiss entry. Looking forward to their album though.
They worked mainly with the Polish & British dudes. The song will be in Go_A's style tho.
I want a song from The Maneken/ONUKA. Katya didn't like Kvinta's version of Solovey, but I bet that he will be involved one more time.

Kam2

dude who wrote 2 songs for Eurovision: You Decide in 2018
YVJYVRq.gif
and Hooligan for Melovin which is imho better than Mel’s Eurovision efforts.
they also worked with people who co-wrote the Swiss 2020 entry
Based on the Eurovision songwriting camp Instagram stories they briefly posted at the beginning of July I think they only worked with Unified songs Edinburgh(Run with the lions, Universo) while Respondez moi was produced by Unified songs Brussels.

AlekS

Veteran
and Hooligan for Melovin which is imho better than Mel’s Eurovision efforts.
They're on the same level to me xshrug
I don't imagine such style for Go_A at all. Neither lyrically nor musically. In any case this material will be re-worked in the end. It's not even guaranteed that this song will get shortlisted.

Based on the Eurovision songwriting camp Instagram stories they briefly posted at the beginning of July I think they only worked with Unified songs Edinburgh(Run with the lions, Universo) while Respondez moi was produced by Unified songs Brussels.
I've heard it from Taras himself on the radio. I suspect that he was talking about the whole company in general, but if they had online collaboration then why not both studios? ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom