T'thirra por sot nuk kam
Lotët mbledhur në dorë
Të ndryshkur janë​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran

lowyby

Arilena cannot participate for 2021 - good news

What's the reason? I didn't care about the sterile song anymore after the revamp so I don't think I'll miss her too much honestly.

hijirio

Veteran

njdevils94

Veteran
What did they specify as the reason for this decision?

She can't compete with Fall From the Sky for 2021 of course but RTSH could still select her internally or she could enter FiK again. That post above is false.

That person is just bitter Arilena was more popular with the Albanian juries and won last year.

Gentleman

If Albania chooses Arilena again, I support Gjoni. Arilena’s victory was a fraud.

Mimmon

Veteran
UPDATE ON ALBANIA
https://www.rtsh.al/lajme/nisin-pergatitjet-per-festivalin-e-59-te-kenges-ne-rtsh/?fbclid=IwAR2LBXrn-4iYQMP4EMRWXvwnsWyXaSCXOVZoppXaKsb4jIX3lpq2mnOT06E
Its official that FIK 59 IS OFFICIAL TAKING PLACE.
Translation:
Preparations for the Fest 59 began today. Despite the situation created by the coronavirus, it is certain that the biggest song event in the country will be held this year as well.
The Deputy General Director of RTSH, Martin Leka, held today the first consultative meeting with the creators, who have left their mark on this festival, musicians and songwriters.
Issues related to the quality of the festival were discussed at the meeting, due ranging from the establishment of an evaluation committee for the selection of songs to the criteria for participation.
In September, the creators are expected to present the songs that will be selected for the 59th edition of the Song on ART.
There is no information if Arilana is invited to partipate which is likely she will..But there is no guaranteed place in final if she accept the invite

Gentleman

RTSH and the Festival need a "Refresh".

hunty73

I dont agree Fik needs a refresh,it just needs a little nudge.Juries over the last few years have been destroying countries entries,so im not sure an international jury is any answer.Juries are left wing,most viewers are centre or right wing.Not the fan base,most viewers.
Albania has been let down by sterile re-vamps of winning songs.If they want a sterile song to win,then vote for it.Instead they have gone for ethnic,quality numbers mostly then taken away everything that made them good.Top 4 at ESC isnt worth selling your soul for,or ruining one of the classic selection shows.

Gentleman

I dont agree Fik needs a refresh,it just needs a little nudge.Juries over the last few years have been destroying countries entries,so im not sure an international jury is any answer.Juries are left wing,most viewers are centre or right wing.Not the fan base,most viewers.
Albania has been let down by sterile re-vamps of winning songs.If they want a sterile song to win,then vote for it.Instead they have gone for ethnic,quality numbers mostly then taken away everything that made them good.Top 4 at ESC isnt worth selling your soul for,or ruining one of the classic selection shows.

Maybe Kosovo can fix an Albanian song. Kenga Magjike has the better songs.

Sammy

Veteran

I fail to see the connection between political position and musical taste here.

hunty73

I fail to see the connection between political position and musical taste here.
Juries have drifted far away from the public in most countries.Its started to be a huge problem withing ESC and is actually the biggest danger to the event itself.A woke minority deciding what the majority who dont hold their views should see/hear.I dont agree Kenga Magjike is better to choose a song.In many ways thats a very poor show.Everyone has their own opinions of course ,but i think its a sad day when Fik stops being the selection route.I agree it needs some changes,but its still a fantastic show.Its very difficult for smaller countries to find a song to get high places at ESC and even more so if new rules come in where backing singers can be added to backing tracks and not be live.That just adds to the advantage of manufactured songs.

Sammy

Veteran
Juries have drifted far away from the public in most countries.Its started to be a huge problem withing ESC and is actually the biggest danger to the event itself.A woke minority deciding what the majority who dont hold their views should see/hear.I dont agree Kenga Magjike is better to choose a song.In many ways thats a very poor show.Everyone has their own opinions of course ,but i think its a sad day when Fik stops being the selection route.I agree it needs some changes,but its still a fantastic show.Its very difficult for smaller countries to find a song to get high places at ESC and even more so if new rules come in where backing singers can be added to backing tracks and not be live.That just adds to the advantage of manufactured songs.
I still don‘t see what political opionion and musical taste have anything to do with each other.

Looren

Veteran
I really hope that Arilena will come back in 2021 ! She's my favorite singer and for me Fall from the sky is the best song of the history of the Eurovision

Mimmon

Veteran
I really hope that Arilena will come back in 2021 ! She's my favorite singer and for me Fall from the sky is the best song of the history of the Eurovision
She is really good just the way how they presented and people turned sour because they robbed Me Tana...If she comes back I want something like Last Train to Paris but little bit modern but not so modern (We don't need another fuego)....

Top Bottom