Contact us

Current Member Roster & How to join the Waiting List

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
nscroster.png

01 ::adb Adamsburg (NSC 2 - NSC 91, NSC 177 - current)
02 ::aim Aimūlli (NSC 129 - current)
03 ::aka Akatsuki (NSC 219 - current)
04 ::bal Balearica Island (NSC 42 - current)
05 ::beg Begonia (NSC 5 - NSC 48, NSC 122 - current)
06 ::bel Belvist (NSC 5 - NSC 58, NSC 125 - NSC 127, NSC 191 - current)
07 ::bif Biflovatia (NSC 108 - current)
08 ::cal Calypso (NSC 7 - current)
09 ::che Cherniya (NSC 92 - current)
10 ::com Comino (NSC 7 - NSC 17, NSC 27 - current)
11 ::cyd Cydoni-Gibberia (NSC 20 - current)
12 ::dal Dalisska (NSC 24 - NSC 90, NSC 118 - NSC 151, NSC 201 - current)
13 ::dos Denmark of Spears (NSC 90 - NSC 218, NSC 221 - current) has to confirm NSC 226 ◆◆
::doi Doire (NSC 74 - current)
15 ::eff Effiland (NSC 8 - NSC 53, NSC 206 - current)
16 ::elv Elvaci (NSC 102 - NSC 217, NSC 223 - current)
17 ::end Endórë (NSC 209 - current)
18 ::fer Fervorosia (NSC 21 - current)
19 ::fie Fierraria (NSC 218 - current)
20 ::grf Griffin Empire (NSC 204 - current)
21 ::hal Halito (NSC 10 - current)
22 ::ill Illumia (NSC 83 - NSC 130, NSC 153 - NSC 156, NSC 219 - current)
23 ::ins Insomnéa (NSC 96 - current)
24 ::kam Kamandé (NSC 57 - NSC 74, NSC 124 - current)
25 ::kon Konthena (NSC 218 - current)
26 ::slf Kordavian Islands (NSC 109 - current)
27 ::mat MatiMati (NSC 154 - current)
28 ::moi Moisantia (NSC 93 - NSC 117, NSC 150 - current)
29 ::nac New Acadia (NSC 52 - NSC 154, NSC 211 - current)
30 ::nbs New Bander State (NSC 149 - current)
31 ::oos Öösingimäed (NSC 51 - NSC 120, NSC 209 - current)
32 ::ora Orangualia (NSC 56 - current)
33 ::ous Oussou Empire (NSC 101 - NSC 128, NSC 172 - current)
34 ::pap Papendink (NSC 83 - NSC 176, NSC 224 - current)
35 ::pen Pen Island (NSC 219 - current)
36 ::per Perryfornia (NSC 65 - current)
37 ::rah Rahasia-Diati (NSC 148 - current)
38 ::red Redwood Republic (NSC 177 - current)
39 ::rld Reym-L-Dneurb (NSC 1 - NSC 52, NSC 65 - NSC 152, NSC 206 - current)
40 ::ros Roseland (NSC 56 - current)
41 ::rum Rumia (NSC 55 - current)
42 ::sak Sakuralia (NSC 122 - current)
43 ::ser Serenes (NSC 143 - current)
44 ::sla Södermalm (NSC 216 - current)
45 ::svo Svobodnia (NSC 169 - current)
46 ::szk Szimbaya Kingdom (NSC 188 - current)
47 ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor (NSC 188 - current)
48 ::tan Tanoiro (NSC 176 - current) has to confirm NSC 226
::tch Tcher-Racoi (NSC 203 - current)
50 ::taa Tír an Abhainn (NSC 16 - current)
51 ::tro Trollheimr (NSC 105 - current)
52 ::tyb Tybalteva (NSC 191 - current) has to confirm NSC 226 ◆◆
::ugl Ugaly (NSC 4 - current)
54 ::vyl Vylkuzeme (NSC 109 - current)
55 ::wsn Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici (NSC 51 - NSC 168, NSC 222 - current)
56 ::xhu Xhuxhmaxhuxh (NSC 39 - NSC 62, NSC 119 - NSC 153, NSC 219 - current)
57 ::xoc Xochimilia (NSC 219 - current)
58 ::yap Yaponesia (NSC 6 - current)
59 ::yyy Yeto-Ya-Yeto (NSC 55 - current)
60 ::zom Zombira (NSC 10 - NSC 170, NSC 219 - current)

Last update: February 23rd, 2024

Text version of the roster for copy/paste purposes

Clicking on a flag icon will redirect you to the respective country's official thread.
Nations that miss 2 editions in a row will be removed and replaced with the nation at the top of the Waiting List (see below).

RESOURCES

FLAGS || POTS || MAP || WIKI || DATABASE

nscwaitinglist.png

01. Scania (Grand Duchy of Strenci) NSC 226?
02. soundofsilence (Afnia) WLSC 266 NSC 226?
03. Judas (Necluda) NSC 226?
04. Marcos C (Marcobia)
05. MiraShadowMan (Rehi Kaita)
06. Gera11 (Federal Republic of Meridia) WLSC 266, 267, 268
07. Sultana (Bála Kunmenai)
08. pending... (Aclaira) failed to vote NSC 225

Last update: February 23rd, 2024

Nations or members in cyan have entered NSC at least once before.

Waiting list (WL) rules:

• Voting in each final of NSC as part of the waiting list jury is compulsory.
  • Any waiting list nations who fail to vote will be moved 2 places down on the list.
  • Nations who fail to vote 2 finals in a row will be removed from the list.
  • Under certain circumstances waiting list nations can take a break from voting in the finals if a solid reason is given. During that period of time the position of the nation on the waiting list remains frozen and it can move neither up nor down.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX' beside them will debut/return in the next contest.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX?' beside them can send a reserve entry to the next contest.

nscjoin.png

First of all, welcome to NSC! If you have any questions regarding the contest, feel free to post them in this thread or ask one of the mods: @Stargazer, @berlyda or @Veronika.

In order to get familiar with the contest, please take a look at the RULES!

If you want to apply for a place in NSC (or if you want to return), simply send a PM to Stargazer - you'll be added to the waiting list (see above).

Please note that you are probably going to be waiting for a long time as there is a strong demand for spots on the roster. In the meantime, you may enter the Waiting List contest, vote in the semi-finals of NSC and take part in the various spin-off contests if you wish to. Don't forget that voting in the finals is compulsory.

And most importantly: Have fun! :mrgreen:

esc87fan

Looking at the roster, Godric's Hollow is going on break for 182, however it got a PQ spot by finishing in the top 6 in 181. Does that mean whoever finished 7th (which would be my nation) takes its place? Just curious

theditz83

Veteran
Also, just wondering, but what is the longest time that a nation can take a break for? I noticed that one nation is on a break from 182-184. Assuming that the average NSC edition runs for around 4 weeks (1 week confirmation period, 1 week for semis, 1 week for final plus an extra week for preparation of shows/results), this will mean a total hiatus of almost 3 months which seems a little excessive. Life gets in the way at times for sure, but having a dormant nation on the roster for almost a quarter of a year just sticks out to me as a little extreme.

Schlagerman1

Also, just wondering, but what is the longest time that a nation can take a break for? I noticed that one nation is on a break from 182-184. Assuming that the average NSC edition runs for around 4 weeks (1 week confirmation period, 1 week for semis, 1 week for final plus an extra week for preparation of shows/results), this will mean a total hiatus of almost 3 months which seems a little excessive. Life gets in the way at times for sure, but having a dormant nation on the roster for almost a quarter of a year just sticks out to me as a little extreme.

I am sure that there is a perfect explanation to why Redwood Republic is away for so long. I was away an edition or even two during the summers when I was away on trips or when life just took a lot of time and space. I don't know if there is a maximum for breaks, but I believe that it should be on three editions though. Life goes first, always, and a silly little competition on a forum shouldn't force people that have stop living their life.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Yeah, we've always been pretty relaxed about breaks, and trust people not to abuse it. There's technically no limit, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone take a break for longer than 3 editions.

If I saw someone taking a 5-edition break or taking multiple breaks in quick succession then maybe I'd ask some questions, but that has never happened in my experience. People use them sparingly and have good reasons when they do.

theditz83

Veteran
I only brought it up as a potential discussion topic for the future since I think the rules are a little vague with breaks and it's left very much up to individual interpretation as to what is an acceptable break time.

Just to clarify, I don't discriminate and understand everyone's life pressures. No offence intended xrose

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Yep that's fine, it's definitely a loophole that people could potentially exploit, so I understand the concern

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Three editions is a lot, but not unreasonable enough to not warrant it if it's really needed at a particular time in any member's life and isn't abused or done repeatedly. But I think anything beyond three editions should be heavily discouraged.

theditz83

Veteran
Three editions is a lot, but not unreasonable enough to not warrant it if it's really needed at a particular time in any member's life and isn't abused or done repeatedly. But I think anything beyond three editions should be heavily discouraged.

I'd agree with this and from what @berlyda said, it appears he is of a similar opinion. Perhaps we could look into whether we might want to have a maximum break time permitted over the course of a calendar year? I understand however if it's a rule that the majority don't want to make definite. I just think any areas of the ruleset that are currently open to interpretation or potential abuse to the detriment of others should be looked at more closely.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I'd agree with this and from what @berlyda said, it appears he is of a similar opinion. Perhaps we could look into whether we might want to have a maximum break time permitted over the course of a calendar year? I understand however if it's a rule that the majority don't want to make definite. I just think any areas of the ruleset that are currently open to interpretation or potential abuse to the detriment of others should be looked at more closely.

I'd be open to that. Feel free to open a discussion thread in the private forum if you want to get the ball rolling

Top Bottom