4 4.0%

4 4.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belarus-scaled.jpg

mauve

Veteran
Die acoustic versions are just wonderful, would be in my top 10 whereas the original version is in the bottom of my list. Very rare such thing happens.

crashworld

Veteran

For those who didn't catch the Eurovision Home Concerts series (like me), VAL did an amazing cover for Belgium 2015's "Rhythm Inside". Definitely did justice to the song.

tuorem

My review:

BELARUS 2020 - VAL - Da Vidna: "ok, not bad"

Are you gonna like it? Are you gonna like it?

Well, an entire year has passed and I'm still jamming to Zena's song. This new electro-pop effort doesn't hit and thrill me as much, but the more I listen to it, the more I see its strong points. It's not reinventing the wheel by any means of course, but the melody is quite pleasing for what it is, the instrumental choices are fitting and I like the singer's tone and vocal inflexions. Honestly, this is not a bad composition at all imo, I just would have ditched the tired musical breaks, otherwise it carries a slight aerial vibe that I enjoy. And most of all, we enjoy that freaking BELARUSIAN is being showcased and glorified; in English it wouldn't have as much appeal imo.

I remember following the Belarusian NF and not finding anything worth my time, but in hindsight, I'm glad these guys won. Prediction-wise, this was sadly a shoe (if not two) in for a non-qualification: the draw was awful, add to that it comes from Belarus... It would have been forgotten by some, underrated by others. I think the song wasn't memorable enough to survive in this instance anyway. But then again, it was a decent effort and it's always a pleasure to hear national languages, especially in songs that aren't ethno for a change.

Knowing Belarus (a bit), we'll have someone new next year, so I'm hoping for a song that's more competitive and impactful. They don't have it the easy way when it comes to qualifying, but they have the means to send something worth it. And of course my post isn't a subtle invitation to send the sequel of "Butterflies" :LOL: It's been ten years, and yet I'm still wondering what manner of witchcraft made them advance to the final that year.

VirginiaVision

I don't usually post on songs' threads after their respective contest (or lack of contest rip), but I just feel the need to announce that my certification of Da Vidna as an absolute BOP still stands. I also hereby certify Частицы счастья (Pieces of Happiness) as a hella BOP. We stan VAL

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't usually post on songs' threads after their respective contest (or lack of contest rip), but I just feel the need to announce that my certification of Da Vidna as an absolute BOP still stands. I also hereby certify Частицы счастья (Pieces of Happiness) as a hella BOP. We stan VAL

It is indeed a very underrated bop amongst the fan base. Still love it!

Milos-BC

A nice song to listen to, but overall, nothing special. Belarus had better entries.

3 points.

A-lister

Veteran
This will most probably stay the last belarussian entry for some time...

I think this might be the last Belarusian entry in fact (since I'm afraid Belarus sooner than later will become a republic within the Russian federation).

Sammy

Veteran
I think this might be the last Belarusian entry in fact (since I'm afraid Belarus sooner than later will become a republic within the Russian federation).
Unfortunately this could actually become reality...

VirginiaVision

Fellow Da Vidna stans:

Although we mourn the loss of Belarus in Eurovision for the foreseeable future, we at least can enjoy the bops that VAL continues to bring us. They've become the most featured artist on my non-English bops playlist!

Top Bottom