RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Playlist missing Mars Agro - Losing You and Eartha Kitt - I Love Men

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

@RainyWoods
I am sorry for you and your struggle and I hope things are gonna turn out well for you. If you like to pour your heart out to somebody privately, I am there for you, even though you obviously have closer friends here in the community (whose English is also better). People say I am a good listener (or in this case: reader) so that's something, I guess. And ofc I also hope that Corona guy stays away from you. Hopefully he is not into long-haired men. :( ;)

At the moment I've got a hard time deciding for my entry. Actually I had everything planned for this edition a while ago but since I unexpectedly got a PQ, I rejected my plans and got out some of my special songs, including a few potential flop treasures that otherwise would not qualify. So far I didn't came closer to a decision as the pro and con arguments for each song balance each other out. I'd need a decisive reason for one of the songs and I think you give me this reason. I will simply choose the song that I think you will enjoy the most so I hope I can touch you emotionally and make you forget about Corona and any other problems... and eventually you should realize that joining this edition was a good decision.. it's always a good decision! :D

I can't offer cheese, though. :( The song I consider is more like... bittersweet, I guess.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
tenor.gif

Gosh, everyone here is so kind. Bless your souls.

Anna is right it could serve as a good distraction, and you know how much of big part of this community you are. :D We'd all miss you for the edition for sure, but at the end of it though, you do what is best for you. xheart If your heart isn't in it, then take the break. We all completely understand. But if you decide to keep taking part, then even better.

Yes, that's what I thought and it's also what we spoke about a while back when we messaged privately. At first it was just family stuff that had got me down, but now with this whole virus situation getting really serious, it's that added on top, ruining all my spring plans. I was sad and angry. But I've got nothing else much to do, so I'll take part, even if I'm miserable as can be the entire time xheart You all helped drag me back, so thank you.

@RainyWoods
I am sorry for you and your struggle and I hope things are gonna turn out well for you. If you like to pour your heart out to somebody privately, I am there for you, even though you obviously have closer friends here in the community (whose English is also better). People say I am a good listener (or in this case: reader) so that's something, I guess. And ofc I also hope that Corona guy stays away from you. Hopefully he is not into long-haired men. :( ;)

At the moment I've got a hard time deciding for my entry. Actually I had everything planned for this edition a while ago but since I unexpectedly got a PQ, I rejected my plans and got out some of my special songs, including a few potential flop treasures that otherwise would not qualify. So far I didn't came closer to a decision as the pro and con arguments for each song balance each other out. I'd need a decisive reason for one of the songs and I think you give me this reason. I will simply choose the song that I think you will enjoy the most so I hope I can touch you emotionally and make you forget about Corona and any other problems... and eventually you should realize that joining this edition was a good decision.. it's always a good decision! :D

I can't offer cheese, though. :( The song I consider is more like... bittersweet, I guess.

Aw Flo. I consider you one of the people I'm closest to here actually, and just knowing you're ok with me messaging you means a lot. You are indeed a very good listener, I have noticed xheart And your English ist wondrous, ja. I don't know who Corona is into to be honest. I might have to disguise myself if I see him glancing.

You should follow your heart with your PQ decision. It's a rare gift that doesn't come often, so think what you'd most like to share. I do wonder though what this song is that you believe I will enjoy. I have an idea or two. There's music from a certain film I love I'm eager for you to send one day but I think would likely struggle. Gosh though, it's literally a nightmare when multiple people send stuff specifically to please you. I guilt-trip with myself enough when deciding my points in an average edition. I prefer it when everyone sends stuff I hate
daydreaming.gif

ShoeFlo

@RainyWoods
I believe I know what movie and what composer you are refering to and the songs of that soundtrack would indeed make good PQ entries since they probably wouldn't make the final otherwise. However, since already my last entry was a movie-related song I didn't want to send another one right afterwards. But obviously Iceland have (and had...) amazing film composers and now and then I will submit some of their pieces even though most of them are hard to sell in WV (cause they work best in synthesis with the movie theyve been made for). I think it is definitely important to present this side of Icelandic music scene as there is so much talent, but I decided to choose a different approach for this edition.

And... you told me to follow my heart so I eventually did not send the entry that I think you would love the most. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure you'll be satisfied with my choice. By the way, I wish you good luck with your nostalgic 90s garage rock/pop thing xbow

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
EFIKTeX.png

Mars Argo is the persona of Michigan singer-songwriter, Brittany Alexandria Sheets. Before Poppy was weirding Youtube audiences out with her surreal videos, Mars Argo had Grocery Bag TV. It was a satirical channel, much in the same vein as the videos her at the time partner Titanic Sinclair would later make with Poppy. Both artists have now parted ways with Sinclair on what were unfortunately difficult, unpleasant terms.

The music of Mars Argo takes heavily from the genres of garage rock and the melodic joys of power pop. These are two of my most favourite things, so straight away I had a soft spot for Using You and its nostalgic sound. It always makes me feel quite wistful whenever I go back to Mars Argo's stuff as it's totally my world. Even if the sugar levels are through the roof, I just adore her kind of joyful garage rock. Brittany is supposedly returning to music soon after a long time away, but until then I hope you enjoy my favourite Mars Argo blast from the past 🖤

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Thank you for helping Mars Argo qualify xheart xheat I probably would have been weirdly wistful had this one failed, and I think that's why it's taken me so long to let go of it. I've often had it as my backup entry and have even contemplated placing it into an NF multiple times.

I'm really grateful now how some of you guys nudged me to stay. I mean, I was happy even before the qualification after deciding to take part. WorldVision really is a good thing to help take your mind off of difficult things going on, even if it sometimes comes with its own stresses.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
tumblr_px28hsb8dB1wwmmejo1_640.gif

2nd in Semi 2 with 98 Points / 18th in REJU with 17 Points
7th
in the Grand Final with 109 Points

I never expected this Mars Argo song to do so well (in fact, I've always been puzzled with regards to its chances). I knew it was super catchy but I couldn't in my head imagine just who would like it. I've sent songs similar to Using You in the past, but the sugar levels weren't as high (I worried people might have had problems with the vocals). It makes me happy to see that people were charmed by it, after holding onto the song for so long. Two 7th place finishes in the space of three editionsxheat This United States journey has got off to a really nice start. Thank you xheart

:12: :cy: :pome:
source.gif

:10: :al:
:8: :lond:
:7: :sobr:
:6: :am: :za: :susa:
:5: :fi: :it: :uk:
:4: ::berl :jp: :west:
:3: :pl: :sc: :seou: :se:
:2: :pe:
:1: :es:

I'm weirdly excited right now thinking about next edition, probably partly cause Amir is hosting. I haven't decided what or who I'm sending just yet, but I'm at this early point leaning towards one of two returnees. Both gentlemen who have long hair. Just who could they be? It did go through my mind to hold a Songs Lavieenrose Would Hate NF before his grand return the edition after this next one, but I've left it a bit late and I'm probably doing quite a good job of upsetting him musically speaking during his absence anyway x

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
A5JgmTS.png

4LvPzQB.png

Andrew W.K. returns to WorldVision! Ooh yeah! Way back at the 95th contest I shared his anthem Music Is Worth Living For. This time he performs the stirring You're Not Alone from the 2018 album of the same name. A big power metal ballad with encouraging lyrics in true Andrew W.K. style. He always makes me smile and I thought there was nothing more fitting for this current moment in time when I want someone like Andrew to deliver me some much needed energy and positive vibes. Hope he delivers the good stuff your way too.

9ZjV73B.png

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Bless you for finally sending this gem! xlove xheat

I was trying to hang on as Andrew is supposedly releasing a new album this year, but It feels very much the right moment for the particular message of this song. Just have been really feeling it. I did place it into my Mid-Atlantic States Icons NF a couple of years ago where it came second from last, but I don't think the NF had the correct audience for it (+ it was a sizzling hot selection if I do say so xheat). Did you notice I edited the video as well? The original was shot in negative which I don't mind but always thought might have been a bit off putting and creepy for some. I reversed it and messed around with the contrast xyes

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Thank you for voting Andrew through to the final again xheart

To show my gratefulness I will each day from now until the results deliver you beautiful inspirational words from the man himself. He may be a goofball but I believe he truly has a light in him that's able to help others out whilst raising a smile. That's part of why I love him so much. Let me share with you my favourite Andrew W.K. pearls of wisdom.

ac2b8f3045af110e5c719d5452820a46.jpg

DAY 1

anigif_original-21650-1426270887-14.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Day 3

16684335_10155733108475329_6660648298414983194_n-e1497667239206.jpg

If you don't have a furry friend available right now I suggest you get the family member or friend you're self isolating with. And hey, if you're on your own that does not mean that the party can't happen. Look in the mirror and gently tug on your own cute cheeks.

I hope Andrew doesn't mind me adding a lil' extra onto his tips, seeing as the situation we're in right now might make it more difficult to safely find a cat or dog. I do suggest though you think of your neighbourhood strays at this time. Our community of cats here for instance relied on the local fish & chip shop that would feed them every day, and that's currently closed. A few of those cats have been travelling down to my garden and we've been feeding them. When I can get out I'll be taking a bag of biscuits down to the gang.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Party tips and a friendly reminder for our local strays. xheart

Luckily there isn't any strays in my local area, there was 1 that past through a couple of weeks ago but it's often spotted all over the north part of town. You're doing gods work feeding your local strays.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Party tips and a friendly reminder for our local strays. xheart

Luckily there isn't any strays in my local area, there was 1 that past through a couple of weeks ago but it's often spotted all over the north part of town. You're doing gods work feeding your local strays.

Yeah, we gotta think of our lovely free-roaming cat population during this time (and dogs too in countries where they live on our streets). Straight away when this whole lockdown thing happened my mum was like "what about the cats up the road?", bless her heart. There's literally about twenty of them. We believe now that's where our Weenie (AKA Valentino) must have come from. We found him in a drain close to our house and he probably got separated from the others. It's funny cause there's a black cat in this gang that looks identical to him today :D

It's kind of the fish & chip shop to have looked after them like they did. It's a big ask to feed that many cats. At the end of each evening they'd give them what was left from that days cooking. I hope your one local stray is doing well, and your two angels as well. Don't forget to follow the tip above today (with video or it didn't happen x).

tenor.gif

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yeah, we gotta think of our lovely free-roaming cat population during this time (and dogs too in countries where they live on our streets). Straight away when this whole lockdown thing happened my mum was like "what about the cats up the road?", bless her heart. There's literally about twenty of them. We believe now that's where our Weenie (AKA Valentino) must have come from. We found him in a drain close to our house and he probably got separated from the others. It's funny cause there's a black cat in this gang that looks identical to him today :D

It's kind of the fish & chip shop to have looked after them like they did. It's a big ask to feed that many cats. At the end of each evening they'd give them what was left from that days cooking. I hope your one local stray is doing well, and your two angels as well. Don't forget to follow the tip above today (with video or it didn't happen x).

tenor.gif

I recall you telling me about it before, Valentino surely come from there. He got lucky then for sure, while his siblings remained on the streets. Have they been trapped, neutered and released? To stop them breeding more. It is nice the chippy feed them, it's probably why they've hung around so long. It's better they give it to the cats anyway, if they didn't they'd just bin it. You'll probably find now you feed them they'll move down to your way more. Especially with the lock down being 3 more weeks. You'll have the chippy people at your door next for taking their strays.

People post on our local lost cat page a lot about it, but I haven't seen anything for a week or so. It's fur is a bit matted, but being a stray it just runs when people gets close. They're both doing fabulous. Noodles is too much of a sass queen to allow her cheeks getting touched, if i'm lucky I can observe her from a distance. Tilly is just her normal goofy self so she'll love a good cheek smush. I hope your little moggie moos are doing alright. xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I recall you telling me about it before, Valentino surely come from there. He got lucky then for sure, while his siblings remained on the streets. Have they been trapped, neutered and released? To stop them breeding more. It is nice the chippy feed them, it's probably why they've hung around so long. It's better they give it to the cats anyway, if they didn't they'd just bin it. You'll probably find now you feed them they'll move down to your way more. Especially with the lock down being 3 more weeks. You'll have the chippy people at your door next for taking their strays.

People post on our local lost cat page a lot about it, but I haven't seen anything for a week or so. It's fur is a bit matted, but being a stray it just runs when people gets close. They're both doing fabulous. Noodles is too much of a sass queen to allow her cheeks getting touched, if i'm lucky I can observe her from a distance. Tilly is just her normal goofy self so she'll love a good cheek smush. I hope your little moggie moos are doing alright. xheart

Noodles receiving your love xheart

EnchantedFlashyFoxterrier-small.gif

I believe the strays on our street were all neutered. A few of them were adopted by neighbours, but still so many of them live at the back of the fish & chip shop. It's quite funny when you go down there seeing them all hanging around. I'm glad they're coming down to ours now but it's kind of upsetting our three, and one of them got into a nasty fight the other week and hurt his ear which has thankfully healed up now.

My moogie moos are all doing their usual thing. The one thing we have gone a bit crazy with in terms of stockpiling is the cat food. I think that was always our main concern. I don't mind living off of dust but I don't want to run out of cat food.

Top Bottom