Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

hungo

There are several reasons why he isn't likeable among majority of esc fans. His first song attempt alive wasn't received well. His personality also doesn't seem to many fans as something that would draw them to him. His controversy comments.. Etc.. All of it combined doesn't seem to go in his favour.
it is likely that this doesnt really count. think of armenia 2014 and russia 2015. both were bashed by fans and finally ended up with top positions (4 and 2). still the three minutes is what counts.

MalagaToledo

Banned
think of armenia 2014 and russia 2015. both were bashed by fans and finally ended up with top positions (4 and 2).
My dear sweetheart. Armenia was 1st in the betting odds prior to esc but he ended up being 4th and it might have to do with his comments about conchita. Russia has huge support of all soviet countries. Before it even begins count a lot of points to their conto. And on top of that if the song is good, how could these results be surprising when it comes to Russia. I preferred Russian song in 2015 instead of mz. But I still didn't want them to win because there were few better songs that I preferred.

Sorry for off topic, I just had to reply.
Ontopic really looking forward to Austria 2022.

Lindon

Vincent Bueno teases online documentary

Ezio

Veteran
If Iceland wins this year, we should send Thorsteinn Evreyearspeculasonn next year. It would be a big mistake to send Vincent again, because then this thread wouldn't be MalagaTorte-free for another year. And I am on low carb.

Lindon

If Iceland wins this year, we should send Thorsteinn Evreyearspeculasonn next year. It would be a big mistake to send Vincent again, because then this thread wouldn't be MalagaTorte-free for another year. And I am on low carb.
You mean the Thorsteinn with the affidavit confirmed girlfriend? Thank God for Austrian courts. :lol:
Yeah, that would ease MarmageddonTourette.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Austria is one of the countries that can benefit from the cancellation, since their 2020 entry was flat, who wants a dated Justin Timberlake demo with a boring hook? xshrug

Lindon

MalagaToledo

Banned
Austria is one of the countries that can benefit from the cancellation, since their 2020 entry was flat, who wants a dated Justin Timberlake demo with a boring hook? xshrug
I agree with you. Austria and vb profited probably the most from this cancellation.

Ezio

Veteran
Where is the gain in ESC 2020 not taking place and ESC 2021 as planned anyway? I don't get it.

A song has been written, a video has been shot, dancers have been cast, 3 TV shows have been cancelled and so the revenue from ad breaks, money has been spent. But somehow Austria profits?

FRFanESC

Honestly I don't understand why everyone is saying that Vincent Bueno is one of the one who will benefit of the cancellation of the contest. You can not love it but we don't know the result it would've gotten.

I wasn't a fan of it but for me this song had lots of potential with the juries and could have been top 10 in their ranking. Anyway it would've qualified for sure since it was in SF2.

MalagaToledo

Banned
:ROFLMAO: esc fans on twitter are so creative and hilarious.

liv ✨ (@Liv_Liv_Liv__) Tweeted:
vincent bueno isn’t homophobic cause he:
1. has a gay cousin
2. has gay friends
3. comes from musical theatre https://t.co/oife1hcic2 https://twitter.com/Liv_Liv_Liv__/status/1207040782798147584?s=20

мокка (@anticrisisgirl) Tweeted:
vincent bueno when he sees a gay person https://t.co/06BzNIO7Zn https://twitter.com/anticrisisgirl/status/1235630668270297088?s=20

dav ➐ (@davolafsson) Tweeted:
me bumping into vincent bueno at gay pride https://t.co/5gxzqg6dh3 https://twitter.com/davolafsson/status/1212407921671331840?s=20

Tim‘s Tears 💧 (@PikaSchleh) Tweeted:
vincent bueno in his freetime https://t.co/zghFfWoC6Z https://twitter.com/PikaSchleh/status/1243232272800677888?s=20

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Where is the gain in ESC 2020 not taking place and ESC 2021 as planned anyway? I don't get it.

A song has been written, a video has been shot, dancers have been cast, 3 TV shows have been cancelled and so the revenue from ad breaks, money has been spent. But somehow Austria profits?

I think the comment is pretty obvious? xshrug

The gain is obviously not in what you just pointed out, it's just that they had a crap entry which would probably flop in ESC, so from that perspective they can come back stronger next year... that's the "gain" for them... or let's say more for Vincent that has a year to do it "right" this time around...

MalagaToledo

Banned

The gain is obviously not in what you just pointed out, it's just that they had a crap entry which would probably flop in ESC..
Do you honestly think they didn't understand your point the first time that you needed to give extra explanation? Your point was more than clear.

MalagaToledo

Banned

Ezio

Veteran

The gain is obviously not in what you just pointed out, it's just that they had a crap entry which would probably flop in ESC, so from that perspective they can come back stronger next year... that's the "gain" for them... or let's say more for Vincent that has a year to do it "right" this time around...

The result of 2020 has nothing to do with 2021 though. So? That's no gain in comparison.

Did Austria profit in 2018 from their third place more, because in 2017 they ended up 17th? And what exactly was this profiteering? Is it measurable? What would the profit look like if Nathan Trent achieved a 9th place in the year before?

So yeah, the comment is pretty obvious BS in my opinion. What people say on the Internet, already on the verge of irrelevance in the moment it was posted.

marty

Thats a strange discussion, does not really lead to anywhere. :cool:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Fun fact: Apart from Conchitas Rise like a Phoenix and cesars song, I have never listened to any esc Austrian song after esc is finished. What about you guys?

But im glad they are excelling in skiing. Well, maybe not this season because Marcel is retired and they haven't win anything. But im sure better says wait aUstria in esc. Maybe they should bring back Conchita or Cesar again.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Top Bottom