Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I wish that, for 2021 only, they could go back to the 1956 format, and let the countries participate with 2 entries, their supposed 2020 entry and a new one.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I wish that, for 2021 only, they could go back to the 1956 format, and let the countries participate with 2 entries, their supposed 2020 entry and a new one.
this gave me an idea of an extended eurovision week

like a fight between those two entries by each contestant on monday and wednesday then on tuesday and thursday they only sing the one that won the fight xheat

crashworld

Veteran
So it's official that the 2020 songs will not be eligible for 2021! Correct decision!

Then I guess we will see some artists drop out. This is such a mess. And we can never see the potential stagings we are about to get for all songs especially for Azerbaijan/Israel/Germany. #thankscoronavirus

Citelis

Then I guess we will see some artists drop out. This is such a mess. And we can never see the potential stagings we are about to get for all songs especially for Azerbaijan/Israel/Germany. #thankscoronavirus
Sorry but it makes no sense to have a mix of new and previous year's songs in 2021. And it's more likely impossible to have every single artist that was on 2020 line-up available in 2021. Artists can come back but with new songs! To me it's fair!

crashworld

Veteran
Sorry but it makes no sense to have a mix of new and previous year's songs in 2021. And it's more likely impossible to have every single artist that was on 2020 line-up available in 2021. Artists can come back but with new songs! To me it's fair!

Nothing is fair. To me, most of the Europe did not know the 41 songs from 2020 competition anyway. And also, we still have yet to see the final staging for all 2020 entries and as we all know staging can make or break a song's qualification/winning chance. I feel this move is very disrepectful to the delegations/artists/people behind the songs. Plus we also have to consider the additional money/resources the delegation has to spend to pay writers/producers to produce new songs and as we know the impact the stupid coronavirus is going to have on the economy and some countries may not have additional fundings/luxury to do such stuff. I can see some countries dropping out from the competition altogether.

Last edited:

Citelis

I agree that this is terrible for everyone who worked for the 2020 entries but this solution sounds the only fair to me.

DanielLuis

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere: I think that EBU should allow the 2020 countries to take part in 2021 without paying the usual entry fees, especially if Rotterdam will still be the host. This would help broadcasters that are/will be in financial trouble and that already wasted money preparing their 2020 performance for nothing

MalagaToledo

Banned
Then I guess we will see some artists drop out. This is such a mess. And we can never see the potential stagings
There will be no withdrawals or artists dropping out. They all can't wait to go to ESC. All of them who were doing good in the odds confirmed they will be back. Victoria, gjon, roop who was affected the most all confirmed. There will be no withdrawals.. They will just have new songs.

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Can I advise mods something?
2021 threads are currently under 2020. For quicker and more efficient browsing it would be better as more and more users start commenting on 2021 threads that it gets above 2020 thread.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Can I advise mods something?
2021 threads are currently under 2020. For quicker and more efficient browsing it would be better as more and more users start commenting on 2021 threads that it gets above 2020 thread.

Do you mean moving those threads here?

MalagaToledo

Banned
Yeah, I think so. Just that it gets hronologically sorted out. 2015 above 2014, 2016 above 2015 and so on. Just to swap 2020 with 2021 cause currently 2020 is above 2021 and ppl will less post on 2020 and more on 2021 as time goes by. We have to scroll down for 2021. But if its not duable, its fine with me.

hijirio

Veteran
This better be the best Eurovision ever, they are the first country to have 2 years to prepare.
Meaningless cold jokes, bloopers, stage invasions will NOT be forgiven.

Marite

Just realized that we won’t see any of the full songs until September. It feels kinda weird knowing a lot of the artists but just not knowing more about the songs they’ll be performing...

A-lister

Veteran
I would really like to see 2021 being a record year with :hu: :sk: :lu: :ba: :tr::ad: :me: :mc: coming back to the contest and :kz: :li: joining and no withdrawals... coming after the turbulent Corona-filled 2020, which effected all countries, I think EBU should emphasize in their invitations to broadcasters that this Eurovision will be extra special, and stay true to the original ideals of Eurovision meaning a continent coming together after a crisis, and maybe even start up a charity to help victims of the Corona virus (both physical victims and their families, but also going to small and medium-sized businesses around Europe that will struggle as a direct economical consequence of this pandemic) with at least part of the income from tickets and the voting going to that charity. Maybe with such a concept, potentially they might convince broadcasters that might opt-out, because who wants to look like someone that wouldn't want to join a charity pan-European event? Maybe EBU could even be slightly more open to skip some of the costs for entering for a change.

I know, i'm being an idealist now, but I think such a Eurovision especially coming after 2020, would really be a good thing. While countries have their specific struggles, this is a pan-European one, and we will definitely need some healing after this as a continent, and Eurovision can be a force which can give some light and feeling of community that Europe will need.

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah, I don't think the line-up will stay the same. I don't expect any withdrawals but I could definitely imagine a :me: or a :hu: returning.

Top Bottom