Contact us

Last movie you've watched

DenizESC

Banned
Midsommar_Quad_TEASER-1308x872.jpg

Oh boy, oh boy. Ari Aster did it again. I can not believe it. I adored his debut, Hereditary. That crazy horror film stayed with me a long time after I watched it. His second film Midsommar was even more a nuts experience. I had tears of I don't know what by the end of it. It was such a depraved, awkward and yet utterly beautiful experience. I really was super shook by it all. This absolutely isn't going to be for everyone. You'll need a crazy stomach to begin with as things get wild, but if you're up for a shocking time in Sweden then please try this out. It's a beautiful, flowery, sun-kissed nightmare. You won't find anything else quite like it.

I really hated this one XD watched it 2 times in the cinema. It was just funny to me. Also to me it was really forcing to make Sweden this crazy creepy destination with that whole subculture, which I'm sure Sweden is interesting and creepy in ways but this one I didn't feel, the way it brought it was kinda cringe to me and with the Americans gave me typical hollywood 90s vibes in its plot, despite the 'unique' story. I agree there is nothing quite like it and it seemed that's what they were going for so that's a success. Sorry for this hate XD but I remember just having a whole lmao wtf moment even with the random ppl in the cinema on the same row. 1/10 to me. I watched a lot of horror movies this year and it was the worst and least enjoyable one for sure. The worst horror movie of the century probably even.

The sex scene where the grandma pushes the guy in the girl got me most lmao that's a 10/10 though for that. And the majority of people really liked it and it has great reviews so it's probably just me XD once again sorry for going way hard

@DaFlo xheart :love: btw u weren't kidding when u said blue is in show. I'm at 7/26, soon review coming but lot's of positivity loading

Last edited:

DenizESC

Banned
I like unique and weird, but only when it is genuine not unique, weird and crazy for the sake of being unique weird and crazy

DenizESC

Banned
Over Christmas:
A Christmas Carol (1999)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
The Man Who Invented Christmas (2017)
The Polar Express (2004)
Wuthering Heights (1939)

Wow we have common ground :p

3 of those I watch EVERY single Christmas/year ending. A Christmas Carol, HP PoA, The Polar Express xheart 100% feel good movies with lots of positive vibes

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@DenizESC so then my idea for a horror film where tourists from UK and America are invited to Turkey for a traditional lip-sync festival, where they find out the performances are actually ceremonial lip-syncs to the death to give fresh virgin blood to the goddess Banu Alkan, in an effort to keep her eternally young and beautiful... you no likey?

MyHeartIsYours

3 of those I watch EVERY single Christmas/year ending. A Christmas Carol, HP PoA, The Polar Express xheart 100% feel good movies with lots of positive vibes
Yes! So Christmasy. The Philosopher's Stone and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe are good films to watch at Christmas too I think!

Judy

Rene Zellweger is AMAZING in it. The movie is ok...

I also recommend: Honeyland from North Macedonia, 1917 and Marriage Story!

hawadharma

Just watched CLUELESS (Alicia Silverstone, Paul Rudd)

I heard it was a cult classic, so I have high expectation
Falls just below my expectation, maybe I compared it too much to Mean Girls/Legally Blonde

Sammy

Veteran
4848968.jpg

I was extremely touched by the crucial scene in the last third of the movie (which of course I will not spoil here).
And what a great performance or Elyas M'Barek!

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
My February:
68c9e5d2135bd5931d82f6550e7a75383c258d50.png

1. Smashing Time (1967)
2. Night Hawks (1981)
3. Moonfleet (2013)
4. Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter (1974)
5. My Chauffeur (1986)
6. Mr. Right (2015)
7. The Box (2018)
8. Purl (2018)
9. Jupiter Ascending (2015)
10. Living On Tokyo Time (1987)
11. Against All Odds (1984)​

Last edited:

lilka

Anyone else here who has recently watched "Contagion", like me for example?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Anyone else here who has recently watched "Contagion", like me for example?

Yes, gosh what a time to bring that movie up. :lol:

mauve

Veteran
The last movie I saw was a series: season 3 of Twin Peaks. I loved the series before, and this last season was just fantastic, very David Lynch-like. Love all his movies. Full of mysteries, melancholy and nostalgia, combined with unbelievable soundtrack.

Top Bottom