3 1.6%

8 4.3%

34 18.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Russia-scaled.jpg

tuorem

Ok, when I first heard the leak, I was wavering between three or four points in the poll.

Then, the MV came out and I got hypnotised: I guess the song makes more sense with visuals. I love the vintage atmosphere and costumes. Basically, all they have to do is replicate that presentation on stage: they already have the concept, the attitude and the gimmicky dance moves people will not forget.

"Uno" has neither the strongest composition we've heard nor the best production of the year, let's be real, but it stands out big time and hearing something funnier and less contrived from Russia is refreshing imo. I'd take an off-the-wall/joke entry from them over something try-hard like "What If", "A Million Voices", "You Are The Only One" and whatnot anyday.

I don't know Little Big's discography, but from what I read, this song seems to be in line with their artistic universe (for once!)

What's with all these gorgeous people in the MV though? They all are kinda hot. I LIVE for the super serious female backing vocalist! I need her and the dancer on stage, it's non-negotiable!

Entries like that one are typically not my cup of tea, but I guess there should be exceptions to rules from time to time. The instrumentation is so cheap it's so good. And I think it's got more life than 99% of the so-called "contemporary" songs this year anyway.

8 points from me for now. :)

wtf

The latin + electronic beat mix has been a trend for a couple years now, was about time it reached Eurovision. xdance and to everyone saying it's boring and repetitive, I must be listening to a different song because it's the first song with real replay value this year. Ends way too soon for me.

Uno and Cleopatra are the Toy and Fuego of 2020.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-For what it is, it's got a good (albeit dated) sound.
-It's distinctive. I'll at least give it that.

THE BAD:
-Only one part of the female vocal is memorable. It's not for a good reason.
-The instrumentals are barely noticeable, much less memorable, if at all.

THE VERDICT:
For a Russian entry, it's better than the previous entries, although that's not saying much. This song might be good to listen to for the first few times but after that, I'll be like "Okay, what's next?" As someone has said, this sounds like a rejected Aqua song. I don't particularly care for that sound, to begin with, anyway. It's annoying and dated to boot. This now replaces Italy's song as my bathroom break song because the more I replay that "...uno, uno" part in my head, the more I'm rejecting it, even now. This is a televote grabber for sure, but the juries will bury the song. Oh, well, at least they tried this time. 6 points

wtf

This song NEEDS the audience though. I hope they postpone Eurovision just for Uno. xcheer

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Ok, just kidding, it's a :12: for me xdance It's entertaining as heck. Well done, Russia! Just count to cuatro while I put my flares on.
xyaaay xyaaay xyaaay That's my tuorem! xkiss

FilipFromSweden

:2: it's annoying, the charm isn't enough

Ezio

Veteran
Quirky and adorkable Russians? I am living for it!

After the first minute, I thought, okay, this is in it for the win. Watch out Bulgaria. But the song becomes too repetitive without a build-up. It lacks a final punch, but well done. I would not be upset if it won, but ultimately it is not strong enough. Bulgaria deserves it more.

I don't think that juries are going to butcher it. There is much originality to it.

• Fuego

theditz83

Veteran
I adore Little Big, I really do! I can't help but smile at their expressions and dance moves.

This isn't their strongest composition (would still much rather have had Go Bananas which was released after the cut-off for ESC) but this will be a fan favourite for sure.

8 points for now, with potential to go higher xyaay

• Fuego

tuorem

Tragedy! I just realised there were seven people in the MV... which means my girl won't go to Rotterdam since she's not part of the group :cry: Please someone make me a gif of her at 1:58!

The teddy bear needs to stay, he's just too adorable. 🐻

• La La Love

Alaska49

Tragedy! I just realised there were seven people in the MV... which means my girl won't go to Rotterdam since she's not part of the group :cry: Please someone make me a gif of her at 1:58!

The teddy bear needs to stay, he's just too adorable. 🐻
actually the band is three guys and a girl, and then the chubby dude also stays, so they can keep the other girl and boot the remaining guy. it's what i would do lol.

tuorem

actually the band is three guys and a girl, and then the chubby dude also stays, so they can keep the other girl and boot the remaining guy. it's what i would do lol.

Oh for some reason I thought that the dark-haired one on the side was with them (instead of the blond one). Well, I like him too, he's doing his part, but priorities: the girl and the dancer first, yes :love:xpray

Mrm

Veteran
I'm sorry, but chubby will go it seems...they confirmed two guest from other bands, so it is them 4 + those 2...and chubby bye bye.. xcry xcry xcry

Mrm

Veteran
Very similar poll results like in the Serbian one...a lot of 12s, 10s and 0s.. :lol:

Top Bottom