3 1.6%

8 4.3%

34 18.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Russia-scaled.jpg

popavapeur

I have to say that I was expecting a lot from Little Big.

Actually we didn't know a thing about the song but I was sure Little Big would deliver and Russia would win this year : SKIBIDI is awesome GO BANANAS as well and I have to say that UNO is not as interesting as the other two IMHO and i'm not sure AT ALL, Russia is taking the trophy this year.

Loindici

Veteran
Eh.

I don't even have to bother rating it.

Iker

Veteran
Okay, so even for the "genre" this is inanely repetitive and simple. The composition and arrangement is flat and uninspired, nothing really happens in the song except for predictable breaks and then the exact same chorus over and over. Not even a key change, which i almost saw coming!

The staging is just the kind of ironic, intentionally uncool kitsch that everyone got sick of in the late 90s, even the lyric hooks are overused - why didn't they throw in some Russian instead?!?

So what is the outlook for this.... i think final is pretty much likely anyway, it's Russia we're talking about and this being a uptempo joke entry, it can't really fail the same way "I Won't Break" did. Left side maybe possible, but it's basically competing with a number of highly superior kitschy / weird dance numbers, and i think they're very much aware of it.

Overall, i can kind of appreciate what they try to do, bring back a type of joke entry we haven't seen for many years, but they really could have done it a lot better. Not in my favorites this year, but i'm gonna be curious to see it on stage and how it'll do!

I think it escapes though being cliched owing to this lack of key change. :D Its repetitiveness and fast pace is actually refreshing for me, and it's some sort of asset in itself. It's flat on purpose too.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Iker

Veteran
Aqua meets Die Antwoord. Does anyone else agree? :D

Miles ahead of all the other overhyped joke entries we have to suffer this year. Still, I'd rather have something else winning.

:7: for now.

Hopefully the juries will bury it. But I am partial to it so 7 in the poll from me too. Either way, easily my favourite entry from Russia since Polina Gagarina.

Last edited:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Oh wow, I had hoped for something great from these chaps based on how they were being feted, but this... Urgh, terrible. I get the Aqua comparisons, but, for me at least, only in parts of the vocals. It sounds like something you'd have on a CBeebies show... :cautious: There are vague moments that I kinda like, but the overwhelming feeling for me here is disappointment.

Hey ho, at least we can celebrate having all the songs now xcheer

Iker

Veteran
:nervous::nervous::nervous:
No... No... Noxwall
I'm so sad.... I've never...ever liked Aqua bandxstars

It's actually more difficult to compose a good fun song of this sort than to create a good song of different kind I've read.

Uto

Veteran
I really liked you and always praising you as the best newcomer here and a fantastic user..but I really don't like this comment.. xcry
This Russian entry feels, sounds and looks like mockery. Does Dathi feel like that? No. The Roop? Certainly not. Azerbaijan? That's a great banger with some solid musical twists and some cheese to go with it. Buying into this Russian entry requires me to be willfully ignorant. I can't do it and I'm amazed that some can.

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

tsegaye

This will be AMAZING to see on the Eurovision stage, I wonder however how they will sound live... It feels like it's the wacky versus the serious ballads this year, it's impossible to imagine the juries and televoters having the same favourite. It'll be exciting to see who's favourite winsxheat

luli

It's actually more difficult to compose a good fun song of this sort than to create a good song of different kind I've read.
Yes it is. I just don't like that sound. Her voice is the same as voice of Aqau singer.
Belive me. I'm sooo sad. 😭😭😭

Top Bottom