0 0.0%

1 0.9%

5 4.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Malta-scaled.jpg

VikingTiger

Destiny has a good voice. The production I guess is professional enough. But the good things stop there for me. This style is not my cup of tea, and this song is not the best of it's genre... Far from.
Wasnt this supposed to be able to be fighting for the top positions? :unsure:

Ezio

Veteran
This looks like the jury winner. Overall I am impressed by her vocals but not so much by the song. Her voice could teach the Mamas some lessons.

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-Her vocals are the highlight of the song for me.
-I like that the song is inspirational, yet it is also a good-time song.

THE BAD:
-The chorus is a bit repetitive, even towards the end.
-If it weren't for the vocals, this would just be another paint-by-numbers pop song.

THE VERDICT:
While I like the song, it does sound similar to other Eurovision entries of the past. One that comes to mind is "Children Of The World" from 2014. It's still a pretty good song, but it's just a change or two short of being a great song. This is now a tough field with what seems like every country (with the possible exception of Armenia) putting out something good, but I think this song will qualify for the Final. 8 points

BorisBubbles

Veteran
and destiny is in a bad eurovision year everything connects ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Cirie made the final episode. Michaela the second last one. Game Changers was a good season, yw.

And um this year isn't entirely shit either, I guess. it's a bit heavy on the ballads, which is precisely why I think Malta should have it in the bag.

hijirio

Veteran
Decent effort. Just like most other songs this year. I'm tired of giving 7-8s. Not a winner, maybe a jurywank.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
ESC 2020 >>> Survivor Ghost Island and Game Changers
sis but ghost island isn't a good competition lbr

Cirie made the final episode. Michaela the second last one. Game Changers was a good season, yw.

And um this year isn't entirely shit either, I guess. it's a bit heavy on the ballads, which is precisely why I think Malta should have it in the bag.
i'm not saying game changers is bad though!!!!!!!!!!! just esc 2020 (and you just exposed the reason in the next five words but I GUESS YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THAT FROM ME DID YOU)

Fluke

Sorry, this really doesn't connect with me in any way. Malta's pretty much never been one of my favorite countries, but i expected this to be slightly better.

DaFlo

Banned
This sounds so much like a brand commercial song, can totally see a company picking it up in a few years as their new theme lol

It's pretty decent, 8 pts ^^

Kaz

At least it's one of the few songs which I instantly remember the melody to! I'm interested to see whether Malta and Sweden cancel each other out in the semi...

Uto

Veteran
I gave it a couple of extra listens and I conclude that it's strong. Main issue is that we have heard stuff like this before, it isn't fresh at all. Last year both Arcade and Soldi felt pretty fresh, this Maltese song is something I hears pretty much every time I turned on the radio three years ago. That isn't a bad thing per se, but it does hurt its chances when there are viable alternatives that do sound fresh and they exist. Still, strong entry, should be in the dark horse bracket. I like that it almost completely nullifies Sweden. Dotter was the right choice, you infidels.

• Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
I gave it a couple of extra listens and I conclude that it's strong. Main issue is that we have heard stuff like this before, it isn't fresh at all. Last year both Arcade and Soldi felt pretty fresh, this Maltese song is something I hears pretty much every time I turned on the radio three years ago. That isn't a bad thing per se, but it does hurt its chances when there are viable alternatives that do sound fresh and they exist. Still, strong entry, should be in the dark horse bracket. I like that it almost completely nullifies Sweden. Dotter was the right choice, you infidels.
Im gonna find you in May in The Netherlands, I swear.. Watch out!! xqueenbitch Corona virus wont stop me!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mrm

Veteran
Two things:

- Why?
- Can you clean my house? I will pay 10 euro per hour.
1. Because you praise THIS and burry my Mamas, my 2020 winner who will eat this for breakfast! xqueenbitch
2. SHAME ON YOU..you think I come from the 3rd World country.. :mad::mad::mad:

:lol:

• Say Yay
Reactions: Uto

Romeo

PDdGY.gif

I was hoping for greatness
I was praying for greatness
I was needing greatness

DESTINY DELIVERED GREATNESS

Zonne147

This is a song for me, you would expect me to love this.
I'm not impressed by now tbh. I don't see it winning or getting a Top 10 either...
But Destiny is amazing so this will help Malta in Rotterdam...
:6: / :7:

Top Bottom