2 1.7%

6 5.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ireland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

I like this because it reminds me about the 10s and what I usually listened to and what I listen to these days as well. I really got nostalgic and happy when I listened to the song and saw the music video. I get some Carly Rae Jepsen and Katy Perry vibes from her. 10 points for now :D I hope they qualify

LastDreamer

Banned
This song >>>>> all Kelly Clarkson's discography.

In best case scenario Lesley will get a crown of Eurovision 2020, in worst she will have the first ESC song, which I liked but totally ruined by weird staging or/and weak live performance.

I tried to remember any similar cases from NFs, the most closest is "Ho Ho Ho We Say Hey Hey Hey" from :is: 2008.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@LastDreamer have you decided on a ranking yet for this song? I'm eager to find out what number you'll give it. Earlier on you said you were having difficulty deciding?

FilipFromSweden

I hope people didn't think I meant it is the :1: but that I'm giving it :1: point

LastDreamer

Banned
@LastDreamer have you decided on a ranking yet for this song? I'm eager to find out what number you'll give it. Earlier on you said you were having difficulty deciding?
Possibly it will be the first ESC song without my rate.
:by: Chakras also couldn't have any score from me.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
What if you put generic, generic, generic and generic in a blender. You get ... guess what? Generic.

Carly Rae Jepsen and P!nk...generic?

giphy.gif

(Appropriate gif is appropriate since Lesley sings the Shenom's theme)

Whilst this is a side note and not reflective of the song itself I have to say I really do not like that video, it feels like LGBT+ pandering in a way that just feels cynical and exploitative to me and makes it feel like that they are going to try and replicate that in their live performance, almost as though they are pinning their hopes on the song doing well not of its own efforts but to try and replicate the successes of their performance in 2018 and its staging.

This is the one glaring issue I've had since RTE initially announced that they were searching for an LGBT+ artist and the staging would be done by an LGBT+ group. Conchita is an outlier, but how many people watching last year knew right off the bat that Duncan was bisexual?

It goes from being something organic (choosing an artist because you think they have potential or they've submitted a great song), to something calculated (well, Together was a hit and last year's winner was bi) and that RTE will be sitting around in May like

48f7726ece92137f29472253856bc46f81c5acb9.png

Mainshow

Veteran
I was a teen in the 00s and no, I don't feel the nostalgia.
I have never really liked pop/rock songs, though (Vanilla Ninja was an exception). It's either pop or metal for me but since I grow older, I also enjoy some desperate housiwives-esque music like Coldplay.. so who knows.. maybe I can appreciate the Irish track when I'm 40.

JonnyWest

Ireland SNAPPED xheat loving this Avril Lavigne throwback moment

The 1st half of the semifinal is so good xbow I don't dislike any song and we still have :mk: :ru: :se: to come

Last edited:

Mimmon

Veteran
Carly Rae Jepsen and P!nk...generic?

giphy.gif

(Appropriate gif is appropriate since Lesley sings the Shenom's theme)

This is the one glaring issue I've had since RTE initially announced that they were searching for an LGBT+ artist and the staging would be done by an LGBT+ group. Conchita is an outlier, but how many people watching last year knew right off the bat that Duncan was bisexual?

It goes from being something organic (choosing an artist because you think they have potential or they've submitted a great song), to something calculated (well, Together was a hit and last year's winner was bi) and that RTE will be sitting around in May like

48f7726ece92137f29472253856bc46f81c5acb9.png
I see im not only one wrestling fan here too ;)
My friend showed me that Lesley sang her song...I was blown away...

Iker

Veteran
@Iker Sammy above basically described it perfectly. Also, even if I'm a fan of Serhat's Say Na Na Na, why has that got to make me be more open to a song of an entirely different style that also happens to have a "na na na" lyric? But yes, though. It does annoy me hearing the na na na's here because they come out juvenile like a brat at school who's just tripped you up in the corridor.

Your description of a brat is spot-on I must say. :D

kamc

Actually hate this even more on repeated listens....the “nah nah nah nah” bit is frankly embarrassing.

Remembrance

Well, this is a throwback and a half... in a good way.
Sounds like she's got a good voice, and it's quite a feel good song. I like it.

Good luck, Ireland :)

Mrm

Veteran
She presented it in one gay bar in Dublin last night, dressed in this pink suite...I'm afraid they lost all connections with Reality.. xcry

Mimmon

Veteran
I showed to my mom and she liked it.. At first she said is that Katy Perry...
I yet still show Switzerland and ofcourse Russia...

Top Bottom