2 1.8%

9 7.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
The-Netherlands-scaled.jpg

EscGeek

Veteran
"Don't take it personally, don't be offended, but it ain't what i thought it would be." :ROFLMAO:

But it's strangely mesmerizing, so i'm keeping my hopes up and i'll restrain from giving low points.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I've just heard it through my ways, and...wow. What a warm, poignant song. Was actually tearing up.

12 points.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I really hope the ways somehow weren't that super extreme potato audio I sent you on Facebook a few hours ago. That really doesn't do it justice. Then again, I know you'd so 12 that potato.

Fear not, those were indeed not my ways; my ways were Cher's favorite social media platform

mauve

Veteran
Ugh. I don't know. So far it' not so memorable. But I will wait for the official release and then judge it. But ... it's okay, but rather underwhelming okay if something like this exists.

0scar

yeah.. alright

Not too fond of it honestly. The idea behind it is cool, some parts are absolutely beautiful, but overall it doesn't leave a or the right impression. Jeangu seems like a really nice guy though.

Oh well!

Schlagerman1

Oh...so that is the dutch entry 2020...
I like it, it is very different, can't recall I've heard anything similar in the contest lately. Think it might not work fully, at least not with the televote, but is a nice home entry that could definitely grow (lol) on me. :mrgreen:

dezbee2008

Not bad, actually. I don't like having too many ballads either, but honestly, this is one of the better ones. 7 points

VikingTiger

Jeangu has a good and warm voice - very suitable for a ballad. I really like the start of the song, it sets the mood. I get a bit Christmas-vibes (not sure why I get that feeling). But I am not too fond of the last part when the gospel sound kicks in

Ezio

Veteran
The first 90 seconds I was praying to not get bored, then it started to become promising and intriguing but ultimately it led to nowhere.

aef

I honestly want to feel the quality here but it's just one big snoozefest. I'm sorry, 2 points from me. This is almost on :fr: level

Mrm

Veteran
I just cant this year any more... I simply can't... xcry

Zonne147

This is calm and pleasant to listen to, it doesn't leave an impact on me like :ch: did for example, still two very different songs...
There are parts of the song I like, others are flat and just going nowhere...
Well, no personal appealing here but it's still a decent effort from The Netherlands, too average but maybe my favorite song from a host country since 2017 ("If I Were Sorry" was probably the only entry from a host country I really enjoyed last decade).
:5: / :6: , I still have to decide

CPV4931

Waiting the whole song for the song to really start.... only 4 points in the poll

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
A very cosy, soulful and tasteful home country entry. This song emanates optimism and positivity. I can see it used in a presidential campaign ad, because for me it's very motivating and heart-warming. Thank you, The Netherlands, you have given me a gift. Other countries, please take notes, this is how you do moody slow songs, it doesn't have to be ripped right from the year of our lord 2001.

Maybe the theme is a bit cliché, but it doesn't do any damage to the entry itself to me. I was already sold to Jeangu Macrooy ever since I've heard one of his songs in another contest. It's one of those artists I would listen late at night when I'm chilling. Happy to see this has a place at Eurovision too. It's about time we stop shoving songs into little boxes and chastising those who are not "Eurovision-y" enough.

Whew didn't mean to write an essay. When I pressed play I didn't expect to like it this much. But here we are! :12: points.

EscGeek

Veteran
top comment on youtube: xrofl

Wonderful marvelous Taylor
51 minutes ago
Eurofans pretending this is their first time listening to this song

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom