Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
@Citelis

You were right, Iceland goes high in betting odds now.. :D

Iker

Veteran
It is funky and very cool. Dadi was one of my favourites in these preselections so I am happy that he won.

Uto

Veteran
Iva posted on Facebook that the soprano in their group was without a working microphone. Yadda yadda, couldn't be helped the organization said. I had thought that the final part sounded a bit lower but assumed this was a choice, not a technical issue. Given all the other strange circumstances this fits a pattern. I'm not saying Dathi bought his way into Eurovision, he's a pawn at best, but I know exactly where to look when a Fortnite DLC gets dropped with Dathi's dances.

ESCREGION

It's very strange because i don't know if i i like it or not.
:5: points for now but i can easily upgraded to :12: and downgraded to :0: next days

MooseShoes

I really, really, liked Iva's song and thought it would have no problem winning but...

...then I watched Daði og Gagnamagnið's Final performance and absolutely loved it. It put a big smile on my face it's now battling it out with :lt: for my no1 spot.

:12: points!

ESCConor

Do Iceland have any Indoor Arenas to host next years event?

This could well win the whole thing given how viral it has got.

hijirio

Veteran
I don't know what people find funny in Iceland's song, and why so much potential is seen in it to go viral online.
I like the song just because it's fun, uptempo and enjoyable. But i fail to see anything humorous in it. If anything, i'd call it 'awkward' and 'weird'
Definitely out of my sense of humor.

kaarendew

Do Iceland have any Indoor Arenas to host next years event?

This could well win the whole thing given how viral it has got.

Depends. Does anyone know which country/year had the smallest venue, and how many people were able to fit in there? We've got venues but I'd say 16,000 is the most we can fit inside it (without declaring it as true). But the consensus is that we don't want to win. Never ever never.

DanielLuis

I don't know what people find funny in Iceland's song, and why so much potential is seen in it to go viral online.
I like the song just because it's fun, uptempo and enjoyable. But i fail to see anything humorous in it. If anything, i'd call it 'awkward' and 'weird'
Definitely out of my sense of humor.
I like it, it's quirky and cute. But in now way is it a Eurovision winner, nor is it anything that would organically go viral.
All those random accounts sharing the song in twitter with weird captions that have nothing to do with anything is just weird. Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure Netflix will try their hardest to use this song and it's potential success in may to promote their movie. It's no coincidence they're investing in Iceland's participation this year.

Uto

Veteran
May 7st or so, Fortnite DLC with Dathi's dances. I'm telling you. We're being played. Netflix has worked with Epic Games a couple of times before and Eurovision is virgin territory with huge potential for ploys like this.

aef

Obvious :12: points from me. This is so well thought out. Everything in the live performance, from the outfits, the blue hair of one of the women to the camera angels and the fake instruments is 100% spot on. I think top 10 is guaranteed, I'm afraid of calling it a safe top 5 entry though for now... Let's wait for all the songs first. As for the whole package its still beneath :lt: for me though.

Fluke

Unbelievable how big this got, and so quick, literally everyone is talking about it online. Of course that doesn't necessarily translate into actual success, Lordi and Jamala is probably the only winners who were the most talked about acts. Conchita, Salvador Sobral and Netta weren't quite the most talked about. The likes of Cezar, Conan, Hatari etc. went viral but didn't do that well, so it's not a sure measure of the actual result.

Top Bottom