12 8.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Romania-scaled.jpg

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Best song doesnt automatically mean its the best for Eurovision stage live performing. Alcohol you is good and quality but for most viewers it can be boring on first listen 🤷🏾‍♂️

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I want "Cherry Red" because we don't have many upbeat bop songs right now but that could change too. Roxen isn't the 'dirty dancing' type like Luca or Eleni and I don't think she'd feel 100% comfortable on stage with it. It's more a song for Inna than for her. So in the end I think "Alcohol You" would be the best bet despite this year being quite slow so far. It fits her the best. People called "Arcade" boring too, and look where it got.

I think we would qualify with any of them, they are in another league compared what we got so far in 2020 tbh.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
They can push them but it doesn't necessarily mean they will win. Going back a few decades we always used to use this method and quite successfully as well. Sandie Shaw famously hated her eurovision song that won in a NF just like this one.

That trivia there. I didn't know that.

I guess you're right. At the same time though you can kind of shift things to what you want if you give low effort performances of what you don't want to happen. Not saying that's going to happen here of course, but my gut tells me it's very much what happened last year with Finland for instance (which annoyed me no end as I was so excited for Superman).

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I want "Cherry Red" because we don't have many upbeat bop songs right now but that could change too. Roxen isn't the 'dirty dancing' type like Luca or Eleni and I don't think she'd feel 100% comfortable on stage with it. It's more a song for Inna than for her. So in the end I think "Alcohol You" would be the best bet despite this year being quite slow so far. It fits her the best. People called "Arcade" boring too, and look where it got.

I think we would qualify with any of them, they are in another league compared what we got so far in 2020 tbh.
Cherry red is not same type of song as Fuego or She got me either, its a midtempo dance song and yes it has that Romanian hits feel like Inna, Morandi, Alexandra Stan etc which i personally super love
She can do on the stage Sofi Marinova and it would be enough 😆

njdevils94

Veteran
Cherry red is not same type of song as Fuego or She got me either, its a midtempo dance song and yes it has that Romanian hits feel like Inna, Morandi, Alexandra Stan etc which i personally super love

She clearly doesn't want it to win though. As a result less effort would be put in even if it is unintentional.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

SOLD!

I haven't listened to the songs enough to have an actual favourite, but I did go back to Alcohol You and I think I'm leaning a bit away from it. Alcohol You is such a beautiful composition but it makes me realise how important lyrics can be. They distract me in this song. Furthermore, I want there to be more fun songs. Most of the entries I love this year already are ballads (in fact, they all are besides Samanta Tina).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That trivia there. I didn't know that.

I guess you're right. At the same time though you can kind of shift things to what you want if you give low effort performances of what you don't want to happen. Not saying that's going to happen here of course, but my gut tells me it's very much what happened last year with Finland for instance (which annoyed me no end as I was so excited for Superman).

Yeah from 1964 till 1976 and then from 1992 to 1994. In those years we got some of our best results ever.

You're right and Finland last year that was suspiciously the case, but I don't think a proper established artist would intentionally damage their reputation on live performances by intentionally being bad in order to advantage certain songs. We'll have to wait and see though, TVR are hardly a model for fairness when it comes to eurovision NFs.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I believe every singer when releases an album has own fave tracks but if they do a tour they perform all songs giving the best they can and actually encore performances usually those songs public loves the most, not singer

hunty73

Alcohol You has to be the choice.It will look and sound superb at ESC.Imagine the LEDs with Roxen on her own on stage.Utter magic.
At first i thought what a fantastic group of songs,but no chance of an ESC winner.Now im not so sure.If delivered right the jury win is within reach.Then you have the fact we have a fantastic young woman here,with an incredible, orchestrated song that might just connect with a very large demographic.Roxen is hugely attractive,yet not threatening,not out of reach.Thats a potent mix.
Above all,and this is key,Roxen and the song,you can relate to it.From 14 years old to 100,we have all been where she is in the song.

aef

Okay so this is obviously very good stuff.... Each song is a safe qualifier, no doubt about that. By now I'm not completely sure about which song is grabbing me the most though. Alcohol You is my #1 for now. It would be a pretty solid choice for Eurovision but it doesn't blow me away somehow. The big change/ final is missing. I mean it keeps building in the same direction and something is missing.

I guess Cherry Red is my #2. I'm quite surprised about this actually because normally this wouldn't fit with my taste of music at all. It doesn't feel completely fresh though, more like 2017-18. I'm pretty sure Romania will choose Cherry Red.

# 3 goes to Colors, #4 to Beautiful Disaster, #5 to Storm.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
If Israel picks Rakata and then you DON'T pick Cherry Red then i'll have no choice but sue and nuke every part of your country. This is a lyrical cross over we cannot not have at Eurovision. IOTAP

Realest

Israels Rakata is better.
Im wondering because of which Song Romania is at 8% right now.
I think its the Alcohol-Song but not sure.

florinho21

people here in romania already starts to move their vote from cherry red to alcohol you because they are sure israel will send rakata and this will cancel cherry red

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom