Contact us

Country Elimination Contest V - Rules & Confirmations - DDL 23/02/20 23:59 CET

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's been five years, and reboots of old successful shows are all the rage these days, so it's time to bring it back - welcome to the Country Elimination Contest V!

How does it work?
Long-running participants of NSC may remember, but the basic premise of the Country Elimination Contest is as follows. 32 nations are allowed to sign up and send one song, and only one song. This song will be your competing entry through all rounds, should you progress further.

After the initial confirmation period, when fully fledged nations and those on the Waiting List can enter, the songs will be randomly split into one-on-one battles, separated into two 16-song halves. Nations must vote in their half, in all of the battles except their own, selecting which entry in each duel they want to progress to the next round. The winning song from each battle will proceed and the loser will be eliminated. Following the first round, the 16 winners will be drawn into new duels, with all 32 participants voting once again on each round.

IF YOU ARE ELIMINATED, YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO VOTE IN EACH ROUND. PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND BEFORE ENTERING.

How many songs in each round?
Round 1
- All 32 songs compete in two halves
Round 2 - The 16 winners from Round 1 compete against new opponents
Quarter-Finals - The 8 songs to win two rounds will compete once again
Semi-Finals - The 4 remaining songs will be pitted against each other once again.
Play off - The two losing semi-finalists will battle for 3rd place.
Final - The two winning semi-finalists compete to win CEC V!

All 32 participants are required to vote in every round.

Which songs can I enter?
Any song that didn't already compete in the Eurovision Song Contest or a selection round can be entered. Previous NSC entries are allowed but NOT encouraged. Likewise, CEC entries can later be used in NSC, but this is also NOT encouraged. Be creative! It is also advisable you do not reveal your song before the battles begin, as this adds a new tactical layer to the contest.

What do I do next?
Send me (Sean) a private message with the following format:

Nation Name:
Artist:
Song:
Link:

The deadline to confirm your entries is Sunday 23rd February 2020 at 23:59 CET.

Any of the roster nations OR Waiting List nations are eligible to enter.

Good luck, and choose wisely, as your one song must be considered worthy enough to carry you through to the title! Start confirming now!

Confirmed Nations:

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH nice idea. Now the hard part will be chosing a song strong enough to win all rounds. Should I go for the risky choice and risk a song I like a lot flopping in the first round or go for a safer route ? :unsure:

Schlagerman1

Yeah I really like this, going through my songlist to see if I can find a song to put here instead of NSC or WLSC. xthink

Sean

Admin
Staff member
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH nice idea. Now the hard part will be chosing a song strong enough to win all rounds. Should I go for the risky choice and risk a song I like a lot flopping in the first round or go for a safer route ? :unsure:

Risky choice, always! ;)

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I don't think I have any songs on my NSC list that can go the whole way here, so I'll probably take the opportunity to pick one of the cover versions that I'm not allowed to enter in the regular NSC. ;) Besides, half of the field will be knocked out after the first round anyway, might as well be prepared. :p

Sean

Admin
Staff member
13 songs so far... would love to make it to 32 to make the game work properly so send your entries in!!!

theditz83

Veteran
13 songs so far... would love to make it to 32 to make the game work properly so send your entries in!!!

Really hope you can get the numbers Sean as it's been tough getting interest in the side contests recently for sure. Maybe a tag for people not registered before the weekend comes around? ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'll try to take part, i'm just looking for a song that I'm happy sending, hasn't been in NSC and I don't intend on sending there.

Top Bottom