Contact us

Nation Song Contest 177 ‣ Semi Final Results Show

Karhu

Thank you so much for the qualification! xcheer It's nice being back in a final again xheart

::ser NQ votes:

12p
10p Uferbruht
8p Ugaly
7p Cherniya
6p Solentoya
5p Redwood Republic
4p Fervorosia
3p
2p
1p

There were exactly seven songs in this semi I absolutely adored, so the fact that only one of them qualified is... upsetting :( To be fair I am REALLY excited about my 12 qualifying; ironically it was one of the ones I definitely didn't think would make it :lol:

Aww I have to say I am rather disappointed with this failure, I thought it was a beautiful song and would have had a good shot at getting to the final.

I feel the same. It's indeed a beautiful song and I also found it quite a competitive entry as well, so I'm not sure what happened :( I hope it's at least some consolation that you were able to get a lot of support from some atypical Solentoya voters. I know I always get unusually happy when I get points from countries that rarely vote for Serenes :lol:

Territrius

Oh God, why did I have to be kept for last, I almost had a heart attack :lol:

Thank you so much for letting me qualify again!!

Territrius

Aww I have to say I am rather disappointed with this failure, I thought it was a beautiful song and would have had a good shot at getting to the final. No matter, these things happen. Thanks for the points I did get, and well, at least both of my 12s made it.

You were my 12, I'm really sad you didn't make it :(

Yoni

Eh, I'm glad the last one was at least between me and Aimulli (even if my score was far from actually qualifying lol)
Thank you for all the points!

10 MatiMati
08 Hypjo
07 Svobodnia
03 Ugaly
02 Tuzi
01 Redwood Republic

dogmeat

Wow, awesome results show. And awful results... Especially Redwood Rep would have been great to see in the final. It was such a bold entry to debut with xheart

12 Jemmuise
8 KM
4 Sakuralia
3 Kadis
2 Arva

12 Redwood
10 Ugaly
4 Cherniya
3 Uferbruht
2 Fervorosia
1 RS

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
So I'm finally at a computer and I can see the qualifiers calmly. Delighted both my 12 made it. xheat

reju semi 1

:10: ::lac
:6: ::jem
:5: ::cyd
:2: ::per

regular semi 2

:8: ::mat
:5: ::che
:4: ::tuz
:3: ::hyp
:1: ::ugl

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I feel the same. It's indeed a beautiful song and I also found it quite a competitive entry as well, so I'm not sure what happened :( I hope it's at least some consolation that you were able to get a lot of support from some atypical Solentoya voters. I know I always get unusually happy when I get points from countries that rarely vote for Serenes :lol:

Yes the same for me, It feels like an achievement when I've managed to please and receive points from someone who usually wouldn't vote for me. Probably because after a while I sort of "expect" points from certain people I know will typically enjoy my entries, so anything from someone else who usually blanks me is a huge deal. :lol:

You were my 12, I'm really sad you didn't make it :(

xlove thank you. Happy you liked it and to see I was favourite of a few of you in this semi at lease. :D

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Yes the same for me, It feels like an achievement when I've managed to please and receive points from someone who usually wouldn't vote for me. Probably because after a while I sort of "expect" points from certain people I know will typically enjoy my entries, so anything from someone else who usually blanks me is a huge deal. :lol:

xlove thank you. Happy you liked it and to see I was favourite of a few of you in this semi at lease. :D
It's always nice when we're able to give points to someone we rarely or never give any points to. (Unlike some voters may think) We can't change our taste, it is what it is. But it pleases me a lot when I finally can give points to those voters. There are always bridges that connect you to someone who has a very different taste from you. It's not a black or white kind of thing. It's just like the situation when whose taste is very similar to ours and you usually give high points to, suddenly they send something you didn't expect and really don't like it. That's the fun part of it. Nothing is 100% predictable. :D I don't feel exactly happy not being able to vote for those I usually don't. I always think "maybe this time they will send something I love". In some cases it eventually happens. xclap And I never mix personal feelings with the songs. Of course there's the "awww I really can't give points to this person's choice whose taste I love" :lol: It's complicated xthink but that's what I feel.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I always think "maybe this time they will send something I love". In some cases it eventually happens.
This is how I feel as well. I always think before listening to songs from nations I might not vote for very much "maybe this is the edition they'll send something that I'll enjoy", and it's always really great when that happens. Likewise, it's always a bit sad when a nation you typically enjoy sends something you don't like very much and you have no choice but to give them low points or no points at all. But regardless whether it's nations I normally enjoy songs from or nations I normally don't enjoy songs from, my motto is always "oh well, maybe next edition!". :)

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
This is how I feel as well. I always think before listening to songs from nations I might not vote for very much "maybe this is the edition they'll send something that I'll enjoy", and it's always really great when that happens. Likewise, it's always a bit sad when a nation you typically enjoy sends something you don't like very much and you have no choice but to give them low points or no points at all. But regardless whether it's nations I normally enjoy songs from or nations I normally don't enjoy songs from, my motto is always "oh well, maybe next edition!". :)

And it's devastating when you have voters that vote for your options and usually support you and you must be honest to yourself and can't do the same. :(
Btw, talking about taste, I always remember how we "woke each other up" to the Croatian entries (96 and 05). Two precious songs that were unnoticed to us until the other one of mentioned one of them to the other and the other way around xlove. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Rmetr0

xheart xheart xheart
::moi ::bal ::big ::sol ::hal ::che ::bif ::ems
(so far)

As much as I was sad to receive the worst result for ::svo with the song I kept for a while and thought could do pretty great, as much I am happy now to see you guys supporting xlove

Here are those who did not manage to qualify whom we tried to support though

Semi-Final 1 (REJU)

:10: ::acl
:8: ::sak
:6: ::god
:5: ::nbs
:3: ::lac
:2: :ar:v
:1: ::kal

Semi-Final 2

:8: :il:b
:7: ::ved
:6: ::red
:5: ::hyp
:3: ::mat

Hope no one's mad about not receiving back because I remember almost all of the countries being among my favourites once so I'll surely support once the right entry comes from you xheart

Top Bottom