13 10.9%

6 5.0%

7 5.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Poland-scaled.jpg

Yoozek

I'd like a banger in 2020. "My Słowianie" will be six years old, "Anyone I Want To Be" could have worked in the contest... It's about time we have another uptempo track from Poles, something playful that makes an impact.

...and a singer who won't f* it up.

lilka

We need more songs like this! :lol:

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm in Warszawa right now and the guy who told me back in 2018 that Tulia is one of the HoD's favourite acts and that's why he thinks that Tulia would be representing Poland 2019 now thinks that Cleo's latest song "Dom" could be for Eurovision as well! I know that this doesn't have to mean anything but my friend has been right before and I would love to see Cleo back in Eurovision.
She's huge and widely popular in Poland now, though.

ESC94

I'm in Warszawa right now and the guy who told me back in 2018 that Tulia is one of the HoD's favourite acts and that's why he thinks that Tulia would be representing Poland 2019 now thinks that Cleo's latest song "Dom" could be for Eurovision as well! I know that this doesn't have to mean anything but my friend has been right before and I would love to see Cleo back in Eurovision.
She's huge and widely popular in Poland now, though.

That would be interesting indeed. I really enjoyed the Polish entry in 2014.

Sammy

Veteran
Cleo recorded something that is connected with her slavic roots. ;)

I don't speak polish so I suspect the connection you mentioned to be in the lyrics, because musically this is very latin.... :lol:
Really love this!! xlove
The only thing is - if this actually is chosen it has to be shortened and honestly I don't know where to cut 45 seconds out without making it feel like it was amputated. (Same problem as with "Occidentalis Karma" back then)

blue00eyes

She actually wrote this song 5 years ago. It's nice, I quite like it. "Home is far away from here, I keep it in my heart, I'll be back, wait for me there". Perfect.

simonPL

She actually wrote this song 5 years ago. It's nice, I quite like it. "Home is far away from here, I keep it in my heart, I'll be back, wait for me there". Perfect.

Oh, that's interesting. Maybe that's why I like it from the very first listening. I have a weak spot for localism in music, so this is the reason why "My Słowianie" is my fav ESC entry ever and I was rooting for Tulia's "Fire of love". I don't mind if she participates with "Dom". It's very catchy and the message is really nice, so different from her latest "creations" that I am not a fan of.

As you can notice on the music video, she's having a photo from ESC2014 performance in her suitcase. ;) Song is released by Universal Music Polska and they are providers of our latest ESC and JESC entries, so... who knows?

A-lister

Veteran
Cleo recorded something that is connected with her slavic roots. ;)

Catchy, I wouldn't mind seeing her back in ESC with this song (if they shorten it it must keep the choir parts!), after all "My Slowianie" was the best Polish entry to date.... but Europhobic juries will probably trash it as always but who cares...

Biscuit02

Catchy, I wouldn't mind seeing her back in ESC with this song (if they shorten it it must keep the choir parts!), after all "My Slowianie" was the best Polish entry to date.... but Europhobic juries will probably trash it as always but who cares...

I agree "My Slowianie" is my favorite Polish entry as well, and I really hope they send something like it in 2020.(I know we had Tulia this year but the song wasn't really that good so....)

simonPL

I agree "My Slowianie" is my favorite Polish entry as well, and I really hope they send something like it in 2020.(I know we had Tulia this year but the song wasn't really that good so....)

Too bad that points presentation in 2014 was not like we have it today. In that case, everyone could have seen that big split in jury and televoters. Friendly reminder - "My Słowianie" ended up at 5th place in televoting.

I don't agree with Tulia. Czech jury member will be always blamed for those results because of her questionable-maybe-inverted points table. :p Still only 2 points left to be in the finals and it was in semi with no allies, so we will never know how (good) it could be in the grand final, booo. Our last year's failure was for me even sadder than that whole thing with "Cool Me Down" when I was moaning thru months, lol.

Anyway, for me Tulia was great and it should be a place in the grand final in that kind of performances which brings originality to the contest.

A-lister

Veteran
My Slowianie is still t h a t bop.

Indeed! Actually, it's one of the ESC entries I still go back to... a must at every pre-party xcheer

I'm curious if this new Cleo single is indeed intended for ESC or if it's just a rumor xheat

Mainshow

Veteran
Can't Poland use the JESC stage and come up with the biggest and best national final ever?

Top Bottom