Contact us

FSC #129- November 2019: The Show! [Milan, Italy] | RESULTS from page 6

JChan

FSC #129: November 2019: Milan, Italy

RgJqqa7h.png

Welcome to our host city of Milan! Located in Northern Italy, close to 5 million people live in the Milan Urban area, making Milan the second most populous city in Italy after Rome. Milan is the capital, economic, and cultural centre of Lombardy, one of the wealthiest regions of Italy and Europe, producing a fifth of Italy's GDP. Milan is also home to the Milan Stock exchange, the main stock exchange in Italy. It’s not all about money in Milan however, Milan also serves as a massive tourist hub. In 2018, 8.1 million tourists visited making Milan the 15th most visited city in the world.

x3zzPe2h.png

It appears that Milan was founded in around 600BC by Celtic Insubres who inhabited the region that is today Northern Italy, before being conquered by the Romans in 222BC. Today Roman remains still stand tall throughout the city. During the middle ages, Milan was conquered by Charlemange and the Franks in 774, although Milan fought to gain independence and become an independent city state. Overtime Milan would see itself under both Spanish and Austrian rule. Following the defeat of Austria by France and the Kingdom of Sardinia in 1859, Milan joined Sardinia and eventually the Kingdom of Italy.

OFU5L2rh.png

Milan is recognized worldwide for being one of the four “fashion capitals”, along with New York, Paris, and London. Today, Milan has become synonymous with Italian fashion and famous fashion brands like Prada, Gucci and Armani. More importantly, Milan also hosts the Milan Fashion Week twice a year, one of the premier fashion events in the world. Additionally, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, is one of the worlds’ oldest fashion malls.

NQ4O4dGh.png

Milan is an international city and has hosted world class events like the World Cup and Olympic games. In both 1934 and 1990 Milan played host to the World Cup. In 1934, Italy won the World Cup on home soil while in 1990, Italy placed third. Milan is also the home of two superb football clubs in Milan and Inter. Combined they have won both the European championships and the Champions Leagues. Milan will also host the 2026 Winter Olympic Games jointly with Cortina d’Ampezzo.

OkcTChgh.png

Our host venue for tonight is the Mediolanum Forum, located in beautiful Assago, just outside of Milan! The arena has a seating capacity of 12,700 people and is primarily used for Ice Hockey, Basketball, tennis and live concerts. The Forum has hosted international artists like Celine Dion, Beyonce, Whitney Houston and Lady Gaga. The forum also hosted the 1994 IIHF Hockey World Championships and will host the figure skating and short track speed skating events at the 2026 Olympic Games.

TiTHRvXh.png

Alessandro Cattelan: Alessandro Cattelan (born 11 May 1980 in Tortona) is an Italian television personality known for presenting TRL Italy, the Italian version of Total Request Live broadcast by MTV Italia, and Le Iene, broadcast by Mediaset's Italia 1. He has hosted the Italian version of The X Factor (Italy) since 2011. He has also been listed as a possible Candidate for Sanremo 2020.

Annalisa: Annalisa Scarrone (born 5 August 1985) better known as simply Annalisa or Nali, is an Italian singer-songwriter. After being part of two bands, Elaphe Guttata and leNoire (Ex Malvasia), she became famous after participating in the tenth edition of the talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi in 2010–2011, where she finished in second place. Subsequently Annalisa participated in the Festival of Sanremo 2013 with the song "Scintille" and finished ninth.
Annalisa participated in the Festival of Sanremo 2015 with the song Una finestra tra le stelle and finished fourth. In 2016, she returned to the Festival of Sanremo with the single Il Diluvio Universale finishing eleventh, and came back in 2018 with Il mondo prima di te finishing third.
She has recorded 6 albums and 24 singles, receiving 3 Platinum disc and 5 Gold discs, and selling over 305,000 copies

Alvin: Alvin is an Italian Radio and TV presenter. He began his career in television appearing on the Disney Channel before hosting the Top of the Pops, interviewing international artists from around the world. Alvin has also worked for Red Bull, hosting the inaugural cliff diving series and the Red Bull X World Tour. Today Alvin hosted the Italian edition of Eurogames along with Llary Blasi.

Let's start the show!

The Voting

The seven day evaluation period now begins, following that, a vote collector and voting deadline will be named.

Enjoy!

Mainshow

Veteran
Re: FSC #129- November 2019: The Show! [Milan, Italy]

Milan xheart the city of Lacuna Coil and Mahmood xheart

Good luck, everyone!

This edition is definitely the most competitive one I've encountered. So many well-established acts with killer tracks!

A-lister

Veteran

Great job on the show [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION] xclap

theditz83

Veteran

Excellent job [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION] - I'd love to visit Milan someday, looks beautiful! And so excited to see that a suggestion I made to a nation has been chosen (okay, it might have already been sent anyway, but exciting nonetheless).

Also, a quick note that the UK entry for this month is actually a duet between Jack Savoretti and Mika ;)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: For November 2019 Norway goes for Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop! :D Performers of “Dancing in the Smoke” are New artists from Norway in FSC, the Eurovision-famous Norwegian/Sami group KEiiNO who won the popular televote in ESC 2019. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and/or the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Great Show, [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION] - and Good luck to all entries this month!
tqcd9Op.png

hawadharma

Wow, spectacular show !! xcheer xcheer

I am so excited to send an early vote this month xlove

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
Re: FSC #129- November 2019: The Show! [Milan, Italy] Voting D/L Wed 27/11 23:59 CET

BDVqAVe.jpg

The Evaluation Period has passed, and you may start to submit your votes, either to me by PM, or by posting them in your Private Forums.

Please take note of the Voting Deadline, as no votes will be accepted after the deadline:

Wednesday, 27 November @ 23:59 CET

Votes Received:

hawadharma

Re: FSC #129- November 2019: The Show! [Milan, Italy] Voting D/L Wed 27/11 23:59 CET

:my: has sent the votes, good luck all xlove

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

:br: votes are in the private forum!

JSSArcos

Re: FSC #129- November 2019: The Show! [Milan, Italy] | Voting D/L Wed 27/11 23:59 CET

A little late, but I wanted to thank you for another great show Jordan xbow, Portugal almost closing the showxheat

This time I send a totally different song than usual,not being my cup of tea, I started to get "addicted" to this song ... the first time I heard I didn't like it but it was growing a lot in me, in the last months, so I had to send ... Hope you like it :D

I haven't heard the songs yet, but by L.L it seems to me an interesting edition .

Journalist

Re: FSC #129- November 2019: The Show! [Milan, Italy] | Voting D/L Wed 27/11 23:59 CET

TOP 15 from Bosnia and Herzegovina :ba:

:dk: :ca: :az: :rs: :cz:
:de: :ma: :il: :es: :se:
:ch: :tr: :nl: :no: :us:

Great month! There are eleven songs which I really love. Great job all of you! ;)

Bakinka

Azerbaijan votes in :az: private forum)

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member

I thinh it's better than last month, but still not that strong...
Though I think the winner seems rather obvious, I don't have any personal favorites quite yet

This is my top 20:

:az: :ba: :bg: :ca: :ch:
:cz: :fr: :id: :il: :lv:
:ma: :my: :nl: :no: :ph:
:pl: :pt: :ro: :rs: :se:

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member

This month is not as good as previous months for me xshrug

Nonetheless, the following 20 songs made my shortlist, and there are a few gems between them xlove:

:at: :br: :ch: :cy: :de:
:dk: :fr: :ie: :it: :ma:
:nl: :no: :pl: :ro: :rs:
:se: :tr: :ua: :uk: :us:

Ausesken

It's nice to discover Filch's cool side :mrgreen:

elanyvx

:it: has voted by PM!

choda

- Spain, Czech Republic, Morocco, Germany, The Netherlands
- Indonesia, Latvia, Croatia, Azerbaijan, United Kingdom
- Romania, Poland, Switzerland, Ukraine, The Philippines
- Hungary, Norway, France, Israel, Russia

They consist my TOP 20. Among these songs, here are couple of informations about my top 3:

My third place is song that is pleasant suprise for me. Start was not so promising, but song really occupied my attention later and is stuck in my head now.

My second place is a song that I knew before this FSC. I gave 12 points to this song on one another FSC (another forum, I will not name it here :D). When I saw a list of participants, I was sure that I will give 12 points to this song, but...

My first place... I will talk to it after FSC. If i speak about my reaction, people could assume which song it is, and I dont want to be DSQ xD

I think winner is obvious. I guessed a winner last two times, Austria and Italy, and I will write my full prediction after deadline passes.

This is the best fsc since i have joined. There are at least 18 songs that deserves points, it was tough for me to short this list.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: The Norwegian votes for FSC #129 November have been sent
tqcd9Op.png

Top Bottom