14 5.3%

7 2.7%

57 21.8%

• Total voters

Realest

Realest

New Song of Benjamin and Felix

Realest

Benjamin also co-wrote this Song by Molly Hammar (MF 2015 & 16 and Co-Writer of :mt: 2016):

Realest

Btw on Instagram Benjamin apologised for not winning Eurovision

D6X21NuXoAIw4mg.jpg:large

Realest

New Liveperformances of Benjamin:

Realest

New Single of Benjamin

Realest

Late but why would he apologize for not winning, it’s not like he owes the country to win Eurovision or something

Because he was very ambitious and let his Fans know that hes aiming for the Victory. And you know, the higher the Expectations, the more it hurts afterwards.

Preuss

Because he was very ambitious and let his Fans know that hes aiming for the Victory. And you know, the higher the Expectations, the more it hurts afterwards.

Fair argument :D
He came 7th, which is great though

Realest

For a huge Superstar like him, 7th isnt enough, so I can understand his disappointment.

Realest

Of Course he is.
Nearly everything he released went Gold/Platinum/Double-Platinum + several TV-Appearances, Features with international Artists like Ofenbach, lots of sold out Concerts, Liveperformance at italian Miss-Selection and all this within 14 Months.

Preuss

Question is how you define «superstar» though
I mean in football I consider Messi and Ronaldo «superstars» whereas the likes of Hazard, Kroos or Griezmann for «stars»

Realest

He is a local Superstar until now, but in a few Years he will be a regional and maybe an international Superstar.

Realest

Benjamin Ingrosso composed this Single for the K-Pop Group NCT Dream:

Realest

Sounds promising:

Hey guys!! Just got home from the sickest vacation!!! Now I’m back in the studio, finishing all the new songs.! These songs you guys!! I don’t wanna say too much but at the same time I wanna say and show u all EVERYTHING straight away!!!! Aaah.. meanwhile, stream Costa Rica ::cr

EAz5qd1X4AAPkCc

Realest

Benjamins first Platinum-Success as Songwriter only:

TEN Music Group
@TENMusicGroup
.@BisharaMorad
's single "On My Own" is now certified Platinum in Sweden
��
��
Big congratulations! #onmyown

Realest

I still fail to understand why the general Public didnt burn their Simcards for him. These 21 Points still hurt.

ESC94

I still fail to understand why the general Public didnt burn their Simcards for him. These 21 Points still hurt.

Do you want the short or the long explanation??

The short version: Viewers simply didn´t like it. ;)

The long version: As you often pointed out both performances were technically perfect, but sometimes too much perfection is also hurting. The song and performances seemingly came across as pretty sterile and distanced. Another factor was maybe Benjamin himself and how he acted during his performances. It´s pretty difficult to find the right level of self confidence, what seems self-confident to one person can look for another person more self-regarding, and it seems that most viewers fell in the second category.

Beside that I think viewers in 2018 just wanted something completely different. I still hate "Toy", but it was a winning title different to any other. Sweden on the other side was maybe more like "radio friendly dance-pop part 350" for them and therefore not interesting. Maybe there was also some kind of "Sweden fatigue" among the audience.

These are at least my theories.

tuorem

I second the point of view of [MENTION=16784]ESC94[/MENTION] and would add that in the "young boy singing a pop song" category, Mikolas Josef proved to be a credible/more engaging alternative to the public. Their songs didn't sound alike but their target audience certainly was similar and I think it is plausible Josef took the niche the Swedes used to occupy in previous years. He rode that wave successfully and overshadowed Ingrosso in the process.

Top Bottom