• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ukraine-scaled.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
I want Jamala with her song "Crimea is Ukraine"

Lovely!

However after the Presidential election and upcoming Parliamentary election, it looks more like we will have Ani Lorak with a song singing "We Are All Russians" instead :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
^ Judging from failed Ukraine-Russia space TV bridge this would be the last performance in her life (O)
Imho Russia can go political for the 5th time and select her.

We will see if UA:pBC would keep their independence from the government.

A-lister

Veteran
^ Judging from failed Ukraine-Russia space TV bridge this will be the last performance in her life (O)
Imho Russia can go political for the 5th time and select her.

We will see if UA:pBC would keep their independence from the government.

Ani Lorak didn't have anything to do with that? xshrug

Well... did they ever keep their independence from any government really? But now with Medvedchuk surprisingly gaining all these accesses and other questionable figures back in the country (odd timing with #teamZelensky onboard? ...), I wouldn't be surprised to see all these pro Russian acts back on the scene in Ukraine again... whether or not they'll end up in selections for ESC, we'll see about that...

AlekS

Veteran
Ani Lorak didn't have anything to do with that? xshrug

Well... did they ever keep their independence from any government really? But now with Medvedchuk surprisingly gaining all these accesses and other questionable figures back in the country (odd timing with #teamZelensky onboard? ...), I wouldn't be surprised to see all these pro Russian acts back on the scene in Ukraine again... whether or not they'll end up in selections for ESC, we'll see about that...
Never said that she was involved xthink
I clearly meant it will end just like that TV bridge tho - even before it starts. I highly dislike Zelensky & never voted for him but he was the one who slammed Medvedchuk and ordered SSU to deal with that TV bridge crap.
Wasn't it #teamZelensky that fired Medvedchuk in Minsk?

UA:pBC successfully kept their independence from the government since the very beginning of its existence and they paid for that with their budget being cut in two for 2 consecutive years. The most independent UA news in accordance with European standards (the government tried to force some asslicking but didn't succeed). UA:pBC started the biggest investigation against the president, about corruption scandal in the military that killed his rating at the current elections :eek:

Not to mention that UA:pBC president is a personal enemy of soon-to-be-ex-Prime Minister and ex-president's people in the TV/Radio Council ... who actually fired him but he won the court :cool:

Of course a president's person can become the new Head of UA:pBC but the Council is pretty balanced now and they don't favor any people :twisted: At this point nothing is clear at all on who will become the new boss.

Moreover Zelensky plans to make UA:pBC more independent financially & fund them from guaranteed rental payments instead of having "UA:pBC vs. government" annual war.

A-lister

Veteran
Never said that she was involved xthink
I clearly meant it will end just like that TV bridge tho - even before it starts. I highly dislike Zelensky & never voted for him but he was the one who slammed Medvedchuk and ordered SSU to deal with that TV bridge crap.
Wasn't it #teamZelensky that fired Medvedchuk in Minsk?

UA:pBC successfully kept their independence from the government since the very beginning of its existence and they paid for that with their budget being cut in two for 2 consecutive years. The most independent UA news in accordance with European standards (the government tried to force some asslicking but didn't succeed). UA:pBC started the biggest investigation against the president, about corruption scandal in the military that killed his rating at the current elections :eek:

Not to mention that UA:pBC president is a personal enemy of soon-to-be-ex-Prime Minister and ex-president's people in the TV/Radio Council ... who actually fired him but he won the court :cool:

Of course a president's person can become the new Head of UA:pBC but the Council is pretty balanced now and they don't favor any people :twisted: At this point nothing is clear at all on who will become the new boss.

Moreover Zelensky plans to make UA:pBC more independent financially & fund them from guaranteed rental payments instead of having "UA:pBC vs. government" annual war.

What I meant is that every government, to some extent at least, had influence over the broadcaster (regardless of government)... I know that things got better under Poroshenko though (pretty much everything did if we try to ignore Russia's war that obviously had a very bad impact on the economic growth)... but name a European country where the public broadcaster isn't politicized at least partly? You won't find any lol

Did they actually fire him? Maybe, but now he's back owning alot of media channels suddenly, timing? Zelensky will of course not openly say this but there could be deals behind close doors, we will see in the long run, this "team" certainly worries me... but to stay on topic, not sure how it will effect the Eurovision selection? Probably not significantly, other than Russian language songs will be back in the national selection and pro-Russian artists will be more visible in Ukraine again...

AlekS

Veteran
What I meant is that every government, to some extent at least, had influence over the broadcaster (regardless of government)... I know that things got better under Poroshenko though (pretty much everything did if we try to ignore Russia's war that obviously had a very bad impact on the economic growth)... but name a European country where the public broadcaster isn't politicized at least partly? You won't find any lol
Economic growth regional GDP has reached the pre-war level.
Having political shows and slamming different politicians is already politicized but the question is whether it's biased or not. Does it favor one particular side? Certainly not. They dind't kiss government's ass for money - as a result they had no money. They refused to suck ... I mean to air government's promo every day - their boss got fired (and hired again by the court's order).
This is the only one big independent channel which is not owned by oligarchs and not managed by the government/president.

Speaking of. The current UA:pBC president and music department are against Zelensky (their personal opinion which doesn't influence anything) so I'm wondering how they will co-exist in the future.

Btw, latest news: Zelensky's advisor said they want to take Medvedchuk's channels :twisted: + they set additional duties for his companies. This is a clear war (or blackmail) against Medvedchuk. Zelensky's party proclaimed Holos (basically the US democrats representatives in Ukraine) as their closest allies so I don't imagine extremely pro-Russian performers not causing any reaction here.

As for our selection. There will be people from the Voice 4sure. And I'm wondering how Kvinta reacts on this UA:pBC rule and if he stays at all... will it lower The Voice's chances or STB will invite someone from UA:pBC to select the semifinalists together.

Loindici

Veteran
So, a little interruption here... will it uphill or downfall?

AlekS

Veteran
KAZAKY didn't refuse from participation right away & said they will think about it.

The new song:

People from STB are indirectly involved in our JESC selection so Vidbir is almost confirmed. But this is Ukraine. Nothing is confirmed until the last second ... or even days after the deadline :lol:

Alaska49

But this is Ukraine. Nothing is confirmed until the last second ... or even days after the deadline :lol:
... or even after vidbir is finished.....................

i still want it to return though. ukraine and vidbir own my heart forever.

choda

I would prefer Kazka. Even if it probably won't win, it may deliver quality to the contest.

Preuss

I pretend like Ukraine sent MARUV to Tel Aviv so they ended the decade on a good note with me! :lol:
One of my favourite countries this decade although 2017 and 2018 entries didn't light my fire at all

Hopefully no complications next year :D

AlekS

Veteran
MARUV vogue-ing at our Dancing With the Stars:

https://youtu.be/cObxKfBjgTI?t=165

Slightly vulgar but I like the gayness of it all xheat

Tayanna is there as well:

https://youtu.be/h4_N8I2100Q?t=181

Kvinta composed "Apart" for KAZKA around the same time last year. This time he composed a song for Alekseev :?
He also had a meeting with Vidbir colleague (the one who selects semifinalists with him) few days ago.

EDIT: He's also creating a bop for Khayat. I'm all ears for this one :p

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: :ro: Myata said she will probably submit a song in English, written/produced by Vanotek.

I don't mind Vanotek but imho she's so mediocre.
For example:

Top Bottom