8 7.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Slovenia-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EscGeek

Veteran
Ema 2020 submissions are open, But this year there's a twist. In the fall, there will be a web competition named "Ema freš" only for new artists who have released 3 songs or less. * (They also need to be younger than 26 y.o.)
The winner will earn the right to compete at Ema 2020 together with established artists (who have released more than 3 songs). *
Those will be picked just like in the previous years.

*on February 1st 2020 (not sure if this is the date of Ema, but let's just assume it is, since it's on saturday):D

https://www.rtvslo.si/zabava/glasba/evrovizija/ema-fres-postani-kot-zala-in-gasper/495866

Loindici

Veteran

Diego

In the fall, there will be a web competition named "Ema freš" only for new artists who have released 3 songs or less. * (They also need to be younger than 26 y.o.)
The winner will earn the right to compete at Ema 2020 together with established artists (who have released more than 3 songs). *

EMA Giovani :lol:

tuorem

This wildcard thing is... interesting: I guess they want to attract more independent / debuting artists rather than end up with the same old contestants and composers, which is a good move on paper imo.

The thing is I hope it'll be fruitful because if "Ema Fres" turned out to be as uneventful as the Czech NF this year, I wouldn't be here for that. Fingers crossed for a saviour like Mahmood was in San Remo.

I do applaud the idea: it seems RTVSLO don't rest on their laurels and most likely seek a worthy representative by experimenting.

And I'm gonna be honest : this additional event will make the wait for Ema a bit more bearable to me. :) I'm curious to know if foreigners will be able to vote.

John1

This wildcard thing is... interesting: I guess they want to attract more independent / debuting artists rather than end up with the same old contestants and composers, which is a good move on paper imo.

The thing is I hope it'll be fruitful because if "Ema Fres" turned out to be as uneventful as the Czech NF this year, I wouldn't be here for that. Fingers crossed for a saviour like Mahmood was in San Remo.

I do applaud the idea: it seems RTVSLO don't rest on their laurels and most likely seek a worthy representative by experimenting.

And I'm gonna be honest : this additional event will make the wait for Ema a bit more bearable to me. :) I'm curious to know if foreigners will be able to vote.

Don't you think that :sl: is about to become much more of a powerhouse (like :cz: or :al:) at ESC than it was before? I mean, they succeeded in qualifying twice in a row and placing quite high considering how :sl: usually does. xcookie

Anyway, send Raiven or withdraw.

Loindici

Veteran
Raiven's songs could be successful at ESC but the problem always lies within the televoters. Either the demographic of televoters is not into her music or her songs were just rarely clicking with the Slovenian audience.

tuorem

Don't you think that :sl: is about to become much more of a powerhouse (like :cz: or :al:) at ESC than it was before? I mean, they succeeded in qualifying twice in a row and placing quite high considering how :sl: usually does. xcookie

Anyway, send Raiven or withdraw.

Only time will tell. But I hope so, it would be great.

In 2018-2019, they managed to repeat their 2014-2015 era: two qualifications in a row with a bottom 5 placing (Tinkara and Lea) followed by a mid-table one (Maraaya and Zalagasper). The main differences is that this time they achieved that with modern songs in Slovenian and televoters eventually acknowledged them in the final for once this year.

They gathered momentum without much hype so I assume their objective now is to break this pattern by qualifying again in 2020, which would be awesome. Hopefully, their recent success will encourage little-known talents to try their luck and maybe come up with forward-thinking propositions. We've seen this decade that a pleasant-enough pop song or a voice alone did not work for them, so should they end up having bold submissions up their sleeve, they might as well keep experimenting in order to stand out imo.

To me, it always is better to potentially flop with something risky and refreshing than doing well with something safe and generic, despite Eurovision juries generally encouraging the latter.

John1

To me, it always is better to potentially flop with something risky and refreshing than doing well with something safe and generic, despite Eurovision juries generally encouraging the latter.

There's no way :se: being able to relate to what you just stated. Only :cz:, :sl: and :pt: might do. xheat

EscGeek

Veteran
obviously escxtra is not up to date with ema news, but maybe she's been selected to sing for another country:p

Romeo

I just have 3 letters for you...

B.Q.L.

Loindici

Veteran
I just have 3 letters for you...

B.Q.L.

You mean Maraaya? Sure. At least they've also tried with Ula Lozar and Kim this year.

Top Bottom