Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

xdefect

-Lost and Forgotten by Peter Nalitch and Friends is one of three best Russian entries ever.
-Divine by Sebastian Tellier is the best French entry since 1991
-The UK entry was underrated in 2006 and overrated in 2011
-Undo by Sanna Nielsen is the worst Swedish entry of the 2010's
-Belgium should've won eurovision in 1989 (and probably less controversial, they should've won in 2015 too)
-Il Volo is by far the worst Italian entry since their comeback
-Denmark is the worst Eurovision coutry in the past few years. Their last four entries were all terrible.
-2009 is among the best songs Cyprus has ever entered (too bad the performance wasn't that good)

Preuss

My sister's popular favourites the latest years
or the ones I hear that she's regularly listening to and remember she said she wanted to do well

presenting forum darlings and fan-favourites by Eurovision fans;
2016 - Frans Wall - If I Were Sorry
2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy
2018 - Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

YehonatanCohen

I want your love- :md: 2015, is a top 10 entry for me.
Beauty Never Lies- :rs: 2015, should have won.
GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY- :ee: 2015, IS SO BAD!!!!
Blue and Red, :sl: 2016 and Utopian Land :gr: 2016, should have qualified.
Midnight Gold- :ge: 2016 is a top 10 entry for me.
Amar pelos dois- :pt: 2017, is so bad and shouldn't have even qualified.
Black Bird- :fi: 2017, should have won.
Oniro Mou- :gr: 2018, is a top 3 entry for me.
Stones- :ch: 2018, is a top 10 entry for me.
Hatrid mun sigra- :is: 2019, Say na na na- :sm: 2019, and Sebi- :sl: 2019 are so bad and should have stayed in the semi finals.
Az En Apam- :hu: 2019 is a top 10 entry for me and is much better than Origo which should have stayed in the finals.

Wow, It's such a relief to say that, I feel free now...;):lol:

tuorem

"Love Is Forever" is hands-down the best Danish entry I've heard since I started following the contest in 2009... And that's coming from someone who gets annoyed by the cheesy happy songs a la Switzerland 2011, Malta 2013 and almost all Danish efforts this decade.

I should hate Leonora's song, but I don't. Actually, I do enjoy it quite a lot (which is a first because "Only Teardrops" was just okay to me). The reason for that might be that, behind the blatant corniness of the composition, there is an underlying nostalgic vibe to the melody that I like. And it's an earworm, come to think of it.

I thought the stage and performance were really cute and likeable. I'm not surprised it did so well in the end.

EmmelieFan

I agree - Love is Forever is so underrated! It's really sweet, melodic and has great harmonies. It's almost like the musical equivalent of a fuzzy blanket.

I've got to disagree on Only Teardrops though (as you'll guess from my username!) - I love it and it's my favourite Eurovision song.

I've loved all of the Danish entries this decade, except perhaps 2015-2017, which are only average to good.

Citelis

''Only teardrops'' is the best thing ever happened in Eurovision! My all time favorite entry by far. And of course Emmelie is the best singer in history of Eurovision!
The only entry from Denmark i really disliked the last decade (and that's another unpopular opinion) was Rasmussen in 2018.

EmmelieFan

''Only teardrops'' is the best thing ever happened in Eurovision! My all time favorite entry by far. And of course Emmelie is the best singer in history of Eurovision!
The only entry from Denmark i really disliked the last decade (and that's another unpopular opinion) was Rasmussen in 2018.

I'll forgive your dislike for Rasmussen because of your great taste with Only Teardrops, haha! Emmelie's voice has a special quality to it which makes it slightly quirky and different, without being too much and still being easily palatable and pleasant.

Citelis

I'll forgive your dislike for Rasmussen because of your great taste with Only Teardrops, haha! Emmelie's voice has a special quality to it which makes it slightly quirky and different, without being too much and still being easily palatable and pleasant.

Yes and that's why i listen to her outside Eurrovision. I like nearly all her songs.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Jamie Lee's dress is art and Ghost is one of the best German entries from the last decade with Black Smoke.
On the contrary, Satellite is the winner I like the least (YES before Running freaking Scared)

I stan Ljubav Je with a passion you wouldn't even dream about. Forget about being my personal winner of 2016, it's my favorite Eurovision entry of all time.

Sound of Silence bores me to death. Never felt anything while listening to it. Maybe I don't have a heart.

About :bg: and Poli Genova : Na Inat >>>>>>> If Love Was a Crime

Realest

I hope Björkman stays a bit longer than only 2 Years.

Realest

Elhaida :al: sung perfectly Live.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
dami im is amazing and it still shocks me that she almost won the contest with one of her worst songs

Loindici

Veteran
I think at least these entries would've brought more excitement in 2019:

France : Comme une grande or Allez leur dire
UK : Sweet lies but Anisa version
Spain : Nadia se salva or No puedo mas
Germany : Surprise
Moldova : Gravity
Austria : an edited 3:00 of Stay for the Night or Like a Domino
Hungary: Holnap, Rozes, or Hazavagyom
Portugal: Perfeito or Inercia
Ukraine: Apart