Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

Preuss

I don't think the dress was the problem as imo it gave the entry some identity. I never understood why it was such a contender for last place in the final lol, or at least not why people said it would end up dead-last for sure
"Ghost" featured on some of my Spotify lists once xmusic
Now I wanna listen to it again

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
this might be unpopular but, despite the winner, 2008 is a fantastic year - and who cares if it's the year that made people have a bad vision about the contest i just want to enjoy my show ok

Loindici

Veteran
Maybe a sense that Italy's overrated, perhaps? They do send quality and has an unique edge for singing mostly in Italian, but barely anyone would complain them being on top 10 almost every year in the decade. ;)

Preuss

Maybe a sense that Italy's overrated, perhaps? They do send quality and has an unique edge for singing mostly in Italian, but barely anyone would complain them being on top 10 almost every year in the decade. ;)

Italy sends quality songs every year and are usually really popular with fans and the fandom. I mean, consistently I’d say they’re the most popular ones. I think the reason why no one complain as much with Italy is the fact that they do better with the televoters than the juries unlike Sweden so many people probably believe and think that the juries score them too low, which I agree about to be honest that they deserve more from the juries
If it was the other way around that the juries consistently awarded Italy better than the televoters then perhaps we’d seen a different to Italy’s entries, but that being said, I think there’s a genuine reason why they do so well in the televote

Realest

La Venda was overrated by the juries

Pawhlen

That :no: was maybe a bit overrated by the viewers this year, top 10 in the televoting was expected but winning it?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
That :se: was maybe a bit overrated by the jury this year, top 10 in the jury was expected but almost winning it?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
That :se: was maybe a bit overrated by the jury this year, top 10 in the jury was expected but almost winning it?

It's not even that I agree; it's that you made my heart just STOP

midnightsun

Veteran
O Jardim is worlds ahead of Amar Pelos Dois.

Maruv's song was the bomb but too sexy for Eurovision. We're not in a peep show!

"Moustache" by Twin Twin should have won Eurovision in 2014.
(Bonus statement: Lorent Idir = hottest male of Eurovision 2014.)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Always treat others the same way you want to be treated yourself, Pawhlen. ;)

midnightsun

Veteran
Wrong thread, that is the opposite, I mean saying we are overrated is rather popular in this forum rather than unpopular ;)

Though I THINK Sweden is overrated (by juries) this decade, this is actually true.
_________

Sandra Kim should have stayed in her playroom and dress dolls instead of dressing herself like one (probably not her fault though, she was a lovely girl) and spare us with those high notes in J'aime la vie that make my ears bleed.

Ne partez pas sans mois is the best song that ever came out of the mouth of Céline Dion and that is not a compliment.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Mysterious woman is a worthless song. :)

Citelis

Carola in 1991 is among the worst winners of all time but she should have won in 2006!

Loindici

Veteran
Buranovskiye Babushki should have won in 2012 ? :mrgreen:

Top Bottom